Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,214 Posts
Wow .. a facelift facelift ! That's what they should have called the 992 (a 991.3) . That screen looks almost like the dreaded Panamera .

My Conclusion - Go low on options because these changes are very quick .

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Wow .. a facelift facelift ! That's what they should have called the 992 (a 991.3) . That screen looks almost like the dreaded Panamera .

My Conclusion - Go low on options because these changes are very quick .
My conclusion is if you prefer actual buttons right now is probably the last chance. I wonder if they are going to facelift the 718 like that one more time as well? :unsure:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Lol @ euros who still think electric cars are a thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@grim , as I requested a while back, let’s create a separate pinned thread for ICE Macan refresh discussion, separate from the 2nd Gen “Macan” topic, which Porsche has been firm on being EV only.

Basically, Porsche is doing to the Macan what they did to the Panamera/Taycan - create a similar model, make it electric only. I’d put money down that the EV “Macan” will actually end up with a different model name, as well.

As for this Macan.3, I’m very interested, and will put down for a GTS when available.

·
Super Moderator
8,931 Posts
Not based on an Auto journalists speculation on a mule. This is old news, 5 months old. Sure looks like the same mule to me

When PAG discusses new models, they tend to go to AutoCar, just as referenced in the April 12 article. The concept of a different name of the 2nd generation Macan was also discussed a year ago. Thats possible. But a rose by any other name etc etc etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not based on an Auto journalists speculation on a mule. This is old news, 5 months old. Sure looks like the same mule to me

When PAG discusses new models, they tend to go to AutoCar, just as referenced in the April 12 article. The concept of a different name of the 2nd generation Macan was also discussed a year ago. Thats possible. But a rose by any other name etc etc etc.
Grim, at least you are consistent :p

Basic facts are that the Macan is still the best selling P-model in major markets, and besides the 718 the only one not to have a “modern” interior.

There will be an ICE version sold past 2022, it would be asinine to kill off your best model completely. So, they will refresh the interior so it’s not the odd duckling in the fold (as the pictures show).

Porsche won’t acknowledge any of this until it’s almost ready for the reveal, sometime in mid-2021. Until then, you can refuse to entertain the possibility, or, y’know... have an open discussion as to what other changes might be in store for the re-refreshed model.

·
Super Moderator
8,931 Posts
Until then, you can refuse to entertain the possibility, or, y’know... have an open discussion as to what other changes might be in store for the re-refreshed model.
I never said there would not be concurrently sold models and no one has stopped you from discussing. Discuss away. Now you have a thread on it. This article is OLD news. Sure, discuss all you want. Speculate on it. This why Macan general discussion subforum exists. But I see no justification yet for a sticky on an auto journalists speculation when the same mule was spotted five months ago.

There will be more mules, more photographers. Where's the picture of this mule on the Ring? If its just cosmetic bits, if a mule isn't spotted in the Ring, that's not good news in terms of a new production cycle. No new performance bits means only cosmetics and I'm not sure I've ever heard of ANY porsche model having a new Production cycle based solely on cosmetic bits. For example, they changed the PCM in 2018 Macan. So what? Cosmetics. It was not a new Production cycle.

Discuss away.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Porsche knows how to milk the cow! Glad we got the MY2020 model with buttons. Every time we got the loaner with touch layout, it looked very fingerprint prone, oily with hairline scratches.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Porsche knows how to milk the cow! Glad we got the MY2020 model with buttons. Every time we got the loaner with touch layout, it looked very fingerprint prone, oily with hairline scratches.
I agree....I like the buttons MUCH better!

Reactions: OSUBuckeye and Mii

·
Super Moderator
8,931 Posts
Three months ago, same car old news

Pay attention to Car and Autocar

Engineering prototype under Macan bodyshell. Wake up when you see a mule on the Ring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same car? Funny how the one three months ago had roof rails, and they removed them for these photos. A lot of work for the same mule, no?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Same car? Funny how the one three months ago had roof rails, and they removed them for these photos. A lot of work for the same mule, no?
Roof rails have gone virtual. ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
If the new Macan also comes with option of HUD, Matrix LED lights and dashcam then it may be time to upgrade. At the most I would get a hybrid drive but never full electric. Fake exhausts, yuck !

Lots of photos here ...

Not liking the rear bumper and position of the rear reflectors !

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was the same about buttons and very skeptical of glass after I saw it on a new Cayenne factory demo until we got the 2020 Cayenne and the glass panel with nice aluminum textured controls is a lot more premium looking and much more functional under real use. Now when I get into the wife's Macan, I wish I had the glass. The key is not the first impression from pictures or dealer visits but real life use and my experience is that controls under the glass are rarely used if at all and the panel looks stealthy cool when on or off. I would encourage everyone skeptical of this setup to actually see what is under the glass and then decide if the glass is as bad as everyone is making it to be. I am very happy they are upgrading the Macan to this new setup and still leaving the Volume and Select knobs where they are since on the Cayenne they are on top of the glass but again get very little use if at all in my experience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If the new Macan also comes with option of HUD, Matrix LED lights and dashcam then it may be time to upgrade. At the most I would get a hybrid drive but never full electric. Fake exhausts, yuck !
Not liking the rear bumper and position of the rear reflectors !
And if this is indeed .3 facelift Macan, Porsche should bring the 2.0L up a notch to 300hp. Wouldn't mind HUD if it offers it. We use it in BMW, the only concern is HUD supported windshield replacement cost when it's cracked.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts