Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this is first post but I don't frequent forums very often of social media. I have a questions about my 2015 Macan S. What is the best bang for your buck tune out there?

So far these are what I've seen:
1. Cobb
2. Race Chip
3. Softronic ECU tune by soul performance products
4. Any others to look at?

Race chip is significantly cheaper, but they all seem to have around the same stats. Any insight or opinions? Do tunes cancel out the sport and sport plus options or all that gets upgraded with the tune also? I'm assuming that is just rev points right?

I find myself liking the softronic tune
mainly because they seem to have a lot of nifty porsche stuff on their sight. But I don't know anything about their air filters and the actual quality of them. Not big on oiling an air filter all the time either.

2nd question. Is it a good idea to get different air filters? are the stock ones holding the car back. I prefer a clean engine over a little power but I want both. What's the best air filters to get?

Thanks Gentlemen,

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can't answer all your questions, but if you haven't already.. go check out flat6 to see their offerings. They have an intake you might consider, in addition to tuners. They have a presence on the forum and folks seem pleased dealing with them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Racechip is awesome. Installs quick, safe and great power. Just removed mine from my Macan S since I'm selling the car. If interested in one let me know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry this is first post but I don't frequent forums very often of social media. I have a questions about my 2015 Macan S. What is the best bang for your buck tune out there?

So far these are what I've seen:
1. Cobb
2. Race Chip
3. Softronic ECU tune by soul performance products
4. Any others to look at?

Race chip is significantly cheaper, but they all seem to have around the same stats. Any insight or opinions? Do tunes cancel out the sport and sport plus options or all that gets upgraded with the tune also? I'm assuming that is just rev points right?

I find myself liking the softronic tune
mainly because they seem to have a lot of nifty porsche stuff on their sight. But I don't know anything about their air filters and the actual quality of them. Not big on oiling an air filter all the time either.

2nd question. Is it a good idea to get different air filters? are the stock ones holding the car back. I prefer a clean engine over a little power but I want both. What's the best air filters to get?

Thanks Gentlemen,
Cobb Tuning. I have a 2016 Macan S Stage 1. Best Tune ever!

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Does a Cobb have any plans to update the actual AP ?

Seems to be getting outdated with BT enabled OBD stuff these days......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went with the Flat 6 Cobb tune and got the custom map to go with the air filter kit. Hopefully that will set the Macan up nicely. Next I will need to look at rims and brakes that look nice.

·
Supporting Vendor
890 Posts
Does a Cobb have any plans to update the actual AP ?

Seems to be getting outdated with BT enabled OBD stuff these days......
Years back they were purchased by Autometer, I don't see much innovation on the horizon but I can imagine they understand the user interface and technology is lagging.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
For sure.....It would eat better if the AP was a cool LCD, Blutooth etc, for monitoring.
No one wants to deal with the cable......for the flash, yes of course.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The only time my Cobb AP comes out of the case is to load a tune.
Couldn't care less if there's a cable involved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts