Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the chances that Porsche will build a Macan S Hybrid?
If they build one when do you think it's release date/on-sale date will be?
What will it be priced at?
Is it going to use a completely new Hybrid engine or use the Cayenne S Hybrid engine?

·
Registered
24 Posts
the Macan is being made as an affordable Porsche SUV, being more green, cheaper maintenance, etc. plus porsche is new to the segment so I don't see a Macan S happening right away unless porsche takes that gamble. But expect to see a Macan S a year or 2 years after the original Macan on-sale date.

They'll have to test the market first with their 2.0 and V6 model Macan.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's hoping the mpg is better than the Ford Escape's Hybrid which is 26mpg. The petrol model is 21mpg, yet the premium on the hybrid is $3k more.

Ford Escape Hybrid ended in 2012, they won't be bringing it back as they have the C-Max hybrid to take it's spot. Also there's no way anyone looking at buying the Macan will ever consider an Escape.

It's like going to a high end jewelery store having the cash for a high end rolex and in the end going to walmart to buy a $10 watch instead of the rolex.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I currently drive a 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD and am disgusted with Ford for dropping the Mercury line and dropping the hybrid SUVs. Therefore, I'm hoping for a Porsche Macan e-Hybrid. Incidentally, I get 26-34 mpg (US) in the Mariner; the only thing wrong with the vehicle is the pathetic skid pad score, which I know the Porsche will correct. I've also read that the Panamera e-Hybrid system is "portable" and can be used in practically every other model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.