Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not 100% sure I get what you are asking.... but, I have my Auto On/Off (button) OFF 99.9999% of the time. I hate that function. I turn it off in my wife’s LR as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you got it. I am just wondering if it s something in the driveline and not the engine causing the stumble. I agree and have never had my auto on/off button ON. Not fully know ing the mechanics of the system, at some point it interferes or lets the trans disengage for fuel consumption. Just trying to push the conversation along a new line as a simple engine stumble should not be an issue to resolve by Porsche or guys who have had aftermarket tunes. It should show up if running a live scan while driving if it s engine related. If I had Porsche resources I think the issue some complain about could be resolved.
I also wonder if it s in the transfer case that many are feeling the transition of the torque being split and adjusted and re adjusted etc... Just food for thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have you all tired it with the "coast mode""auto on/off start" (whatever it is) on and off?
Maybe the stumble is in the driveline and not the engine.
See your point ...but...bump happens in SPORT. Should not allow "coast mode". Yes, could be transmission....but "Aye, there's the rub" have no fricken clue as to the cause. Wish I did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue at around 1800 rpm when my 2018 GTS has a hiccup/stumble in normal, sport or sport plus. I asked my dealer about this today and they said they haven’t heard of it before as any known issues so asked that I schedule time to show them. My macan has 12000 miles now. Was built in July 2018. Are people saying the transfer case is the issue? Even on builds this late? And the apparently new versions of the transfer case solve the problem? Maybe I’m misinterpreted some of the notes here.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the same issue at around 1800 rpm when my 2018 GTS has a hiccup/stumble in normal, sport or sport plus. I asked my dealer about this today and they said they haven’t heard of it before as any known issues so asked that I schedule time to show them. My macan has 12000 miles now. Was built in July 2018. Are people saying the transfer case is the issue? Even on builds this late? And the apparently new versions of the transfer case solve the problem? Maybe I’m misinterpreted some of the notes here.
Truth is no one yet knows the answers to your questions. Lots of speculation. Haven t heard of any new TC failures yet on builds after 3/18. Lets see what dealer tells you.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts