Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Beautiful build! I'd recommend 18-way seats, nicest seats I've ever sat in, and my passengers have felt the same way. If it gets chilly out where you live, the heated steering wheel is nice.
Thanks. Wife and I kind of like our build too. ;)
And yes we will have the heated 18-way seats, and steering wheel (Minnesota!)

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Thanks, @Masscan! Nice of you.. :)

I was really debating with the door handles. I do love the black as the contrast to the Crayon colour of the car, but I will definitely take it into consideration!

I added both the 18-way seats, LCA and the smoke package as well. Thanks!

The very first option I knew I wanted was the pano roof. Heard only good things!

Updated spec - The Porsche Code
I'm late here. I looked at the final build .

1) Your choices of color and door handles are personal items . If you love them then get then . I did not see sport design mirrors .

2) power steering plus .. my dealership put this on every car they sell on the lot but any time I ordered a car I omitted it . Some guys literally hate it . They go through all types of things to disengage it .I feel it does nothing . I have had 4 Macans. 3 did not have it . My 911 has it because I bought it off the lot . My vote would be to dump it.

3) Privacy glass - Porsche really has a nice illusion on the configurator where the windows darken upon selecting it . Two out of my 4 Macans had it . I know the guys who have it want to believe it really works . They are dreaming ..it does nothing except take money out of your pocket that you will never see again . Just a note .. in 2015 that Macan did not have rear AC unless it was ordered as an option . I forgot it on that Macan but did order the glass . Florida gets very hot in the summer and we took my wife's son and his girlfriend to dinner 1 hair away in the Macan and they baked . I traded in the car and ordered a Macan without the glass but in 2016 the rear ac was a standard option. My vote .. dump it . BTW the windows are dark even without it.

4) Surround view .. it's expensive and the standard camera is sufficient . In all honestly my wife's son just bought a new Honda Civic EXL and it has better camera , better adaptive cruise and a more efficient LCA. ,Technology is not Porsche's strength but it is Porsche's profit generator . Keeping the money in your pocket instead of theirs will work out nicely when you go to buy the next Porsche .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm late here. I looked at the final build .

1) Your choices of color and door handles are personal items . If you love them then get then . I did not see sport design mirrors .

2) power steering plus .. my dealership put this on every car they sell on the lot but any time I ordered a car I omitted it . Some guys literally hate it . They go through all types of things to disengage it .I feel it does nothing . I have had 4 Macans. 3 did not have it . My 911 has it because I bought it off the lot . My vote would be to dump it.

3) Privacy glass - Porsche really has a nice illusion on the configurator where the windows darken upon selecting it . Two out of my 4 Macans had it . I know the guys who have it want to believe it really works . They are dreaming ..it does nothing except take money out of your pocket that you will never see again . Just a note .. in 2015 that Macan did not have rear AC unless it was ordered as an option . I forgot it on that Macan but did order the glass . Florida gets very hot in the summer and we took my wife's son and his girlfriend to dinner 1 hair away in the Macan and they baked . I traded in the car and ordered a Macan without the glass but in 2016 the rear ac was a standard option. My vote .. dump it . BTW the windows are dark even without it.

4) Surround view .. it's expensive and the standard camera is sufficient . In all honestly my wife's son just bought a new Honda Civic EXL and it has better camera , better adaptive cruise and a more efficient LCA. ,Technology is not Porsche's strength but it is Porsche's profit generator . Keeping the money in your pocket instead of theirs will work out nicely when you go to buy the next Porsche .
Hi @yrralis1, thank you very much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

Still haven’t ordered yet, because I am still debating about some options. My dealer keeps telling me to keep the LCA off the list, but in this thread everyone recommends it. I also read that many had issues with the LCA not working? I will add it again.

When you say you can’t see the sport mirrors, do you mean the high gloss sidemirror or the auto dimming?

I dont know a lot about the Power Steering but I heard it’s good to have included, since you can’t add it later, and that you can always turn it off.

Will dump the privacy glass and add the LCA instead (almost same price -
100 EUR difference)..

In the beginning I did not have the Surround View, but everyone here recommended it. It’s 700 EUR more than without it.

I do have a few questions for you, if you dont mind sharing your thoughts, @yrralis1..

1) 14-way vs 18-way seats (300 EUR difference)? I am 180CM and comes in at 65KG, while the lady is 165CM and 55KG. Not usually driving with bigger people, but it happens.

2) Should I add the auto dimming mirrors, now that I deleted the privacy glass?

3) Is the SportDesign package (High Gloss Black) on the outside necessary/nice?

4) Anything else I am missing? I am 27 years old, of course buying the GTS because of a little extra power and sound etc. I dont want the most scrappy, so if you think the car is lacking something, please let me know.. :)

UPDATED (still with Surround View) - The Porsche Code

Thanks, @yrralis1!

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Hi @yrralis1, thank you very much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

Still haven’t ordered yet, because I am still debating about some options. My dealer keeps telling me to keep the LCA off the list, but in this thread everyone recommends it. I also read that many had issues with the LCA not working? I will add it again.

When you say you can’t see the sport mirrors, do you mean the high gloss sidemirror or the auto dimming?

I dont know a lot about the Power Steering but I heard it’s good to have included, since you can’t add it later, and that you can always turn it off.

Will dump the privacy glass and add the LCA instead (almost same price -
100 EUR difference)..

In the beginning I did not have the Surround View, but everyone here recommended it. It’s 700 EUR more than without it.

I do have a few questions for you, if you dont mind sharing your thoughts, @yrralis1..

1) 14-way vs 18-way seats (300 EUR difference)? I am 180CM and comes in at 65KG, while the lady is 165CM and 55KG. Not usually driving with bigger people, but it happens.

2) Should I add the auto dimming mirrors, now that I deleted the privacy glass?

3) Is the SportDesign package (High Gloss Black) on the outside necessary/nice?

4) Anything else I am missing? I am 27 years old, of course buying the GTS because of a little extra power and sound etc. I dont want the most scrappy, so if you think the car is lacking something, please let me know.. :)

UPDATED (still with Surround View) - The Porsche Code

Thanks, @yrralis1!
I see you have the mirrors .. my error . They are a very nice aesthetic touch.
LCA -- Granted it is laziness to switch lanes and count on a gadget but this is one which is a nice option. It's not cheap though .
Surround View -- I know a lot of guys here love the technology . Some come to Porsche from Japanese cars which have fantastic tech stuff but are boring to drive . I came from older Porsches where simplicity was the essence of the car . The Macan does come with a. basic camera . I have never backed into anything in my life even without a camera .
I feel that over time the technology will evolve even faster than the rest of the car . I think its nice to have some of it but I prefer not to over do it.

Now your questions -
1) The seats .. I have had all 3 and never suffered in any of them . My favorite by far is the 18 way . I love the nice snug sport feel of the side bolsters . The 14 way are my least favorite . The 6 way have less lumbar but they also have less motor and are softer . 18 way is the way to go though.. especially with a GTS .

2) You wont miss the glass . I live in hot and humid South Florida and have no c0o,plaints without it.

3) I would not do the entire sport design package . Your car is beautiful just as it is .

4) At 27 years old driving around in that car you will have a lot of fun .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply, @yrralis1!

I did decide to remove both privacy glass and auto dimming mirrors (dont drive a lot in the night and never had the issues in other cars).. Did add the 18-way seats and the LCA for good.

Thanks for telling me not to do the whole SportDesign package (saved me 1.500 EUR)..

This means there is only one dilemma left for me. Surround View or not.

It’s not that I necessarily wanted it because I would like to be exactly within the white lines etc., it’s more of a nice touch/gadget - although an extra 750 EUR.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
I did decide to remove both privacy glass and auto dimming mirrors.....
Just to clarify, the privacy glass that @yrralis1 is referring to is actually the Thermal and Noise Insulating Privacy Glass. You, however, originally spec'd the regular Privacy Glass. The regular Privacy Glass is simply a dark color tint on all the rearward windows. It does not provide any UV or heat protection like the the Thermal Insulated Privacy Glass.

If you're ok with just clear glass all around, then there's no need to get Privacy Glass. If you like the darker glass tint, then regular Privacy Glass could be a consideration.

For North America, the regular Privacy Glass is standard on all Macan's, and thus, having clear glass all around is not possible....in spite of what the USA & Canadian configurators show.

All the best with your build! (y)

Reactions: mplgaus

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
For North America, the regular Privacy Glass is standard on all Macan's, and thus, having clear glass all around is not possible....in spite of what the USA & Canadian configurators show.
I've always felt Porsche practices deceptive advertising when it comes to some of the options on their U.S. configurator....like when it comes to selling people the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass. On the configurator, the rear windows are darkened after choosing the option, when in fact the rear windows come dark since Privacy Glass is standard on U.S. models. So in order to get my build picture to reflect what the vehicle will actually look like, I have to select Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass....

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
265 Posts
>>>Technology is not Porsche's strength
Understatement. Don't get me wrong . . .I am enjoying the Macan. But, miss many of the features of past cars.

The "parking" . . . with the snappy videos of the car exiting the space without the driver and the driver getting out and the car "self parking" are a bit misleading as well. The Macan, as best I can tell, does none of that.

I REALLY like have the LCA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Beautiful build! I'd recommend 18-way seats, nicest seats I've ever sat in, and my passengers have felt the same way. If it gets chilly out where you live, the heated steering wheel is nice.
Thank you so much, @montclairion!
Kind words.

I have changed to the 18-way and changed also a few other things. As I live near Venice in Italy, we do not get the same crazy cold weather as some places in the US, so while I decided to do heated seats in the front, I have for now decided against the heated steering wheel. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Also removed the privacy glass, but added the auto dimming mirrors. In Europe the tinted glass is considered “gangster”, so I can live without it.. ;-)
In case I want it at a later stage, I can definitely add it for less than 500 EUR.

Aldo added the LCA, but removed the Ionizer, as I am not sure I will be able to tell the difference.

Right now I feel like I am close to lock my build here - The Porsche Code

What do you think, @montclairion?

Thanks again :)..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just to clarify, the privacy glass that @yrralis1 is referring to is actually the Thermal and Noise Insulating Privacy Glass. You, however, originally spec'd the regular Privacy Glass. The regular Privacy Glass is simply a dark color tint on all the rearward windows. It does not provide any UV or heat protection like the the Thermal Insulated Privacy Glass.

If you're ok with just clear glass all around, then there's no need to get Privacy Glass. If you like the darker glass tint, then regular Privacy Glass could be a consideration.

Thank for clarifying, @SoCalS5!
I have decided against the Privacy Glass but added the Auto Dimming mirrors.

Unfortunately not many things comes as standard in Europe and we dont have these “Premium Plus Package” etc.

Updated Code - The Porsche Code

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Thank for clarifying, @SoCalS5!
I have decided against the Privacy Glass but added the Auto Dimming mirrors.

Unfortunately not many things comes as standard in Europe and we dont have these “Premium Plus Package” etc.

Updated Code - The Porsche Code

I didn't know the privacy glass wasn't standard . In the USA (as others pointed) the only option is the thermal insulated glass which appears to darken on our configurator . If that's the case I'd get it . Its nice to have a very mild factory tint to the rear windows . It gives privacy, blocks sun , and I am surprised its not standard .

Its the thermal glass that I felt really didn't make much difference and certainly not worth the extra 1000 dollars we pay for it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn't know the privacy glass wasn't standard . In the USA (as others pointed) the only option is the thermal insulated glass which appears to darken on our configurator . If that's the case I'd get it . Its nice to have a very mild factory tint to the rear windows . It gives privacy, blocks sun , and I am surprised its not standard .

Its the thermal glass that I felt really didn't make much difference and certainly not worth the extra 1000 dollars we pay for it.
Yeah, unfortunately there seem to be huge differences in the packages from one continent/country to another. A little annoying, to be honest.
I never considered the thermal glass, as it's almost 1200 EUR. We rarely drive with people in the back, but now you made me unsure, since I removed the Privacy Glass and added the mirrors. Should I remove the mirrors to add the glass or add the glass as well as mirrors?

Thanks, @yrralis1!

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately there seem to be huge differences in the packages from one continent/country to another. A little annoying, to be honest.
I never considered the thermal glass, as it's almost 1200 EUR. We rarely drive with people in the back, but now you made me unsure, since I removed the Privacy Glass and added the mirrors. Should I remove the mirrors to add the glass or add the glass as well as mirrors?

Thanks, @yrralis1!
I looked more closely at your configurator and prices . I don't speak Italian but was able to figure it out (I can speak a little Spanish. .. noticed a few similarities) . Apparently you have two choices with the windows . One is the privacy glass which is 480 EUR and the Thermal which is 1200. I agree with you that 1200 is ridiculous but the 480 is not . Here its standard .
In short I'd get both .

41 - 55 of 55 Posts