Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would suggest checking what the standard options are on the GTS in Europe. At least in Canada, the GTS comes with heated front seats and the steering wheel also comes with the heated function. As such, paying for the heated steering wheel option only gets you an upgrade to the GTS sport wheel and so really it's really only a style preference. The heated seat option gets you heated seats in the rear. I had a chance to sit in the 18-way sport seats at my dealership prior to COVID. Ultimately I decided to go with the 8-way seats since they had the exact same sport design and just lacked some points of adjustability that I didn't need. It's worth noting that if you want seat ventilation, you need to go with either the 14- or 18-way seats (at least in Canada, which I think is the same as the US model).

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
hmmm from looking at them I thought there was a slight difference between the two
I can see that. It's a tough color to capture in pictures as it changes so much with the light. But Crayon and Chalk has the same Porsche color code M9A.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Thanks @trusted I went and googled the colors and by golly they are the same. In my mind I had one more cream, and one more gray. Maybe being a teacher I am drawn more to the word crayon, over chalk which is dusty. It seems like there are a lot of these colors that change on you depending upon sunlight.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks @trusted I went and googled the colors and by golly they are the same. In my mind I had one more cream, and one more gray. Maybe being a teacher I am drawn more to the word crayon, over chalk which is dusty. It seems like there are a lot of these colors that change on you depending upon sunlight.
So Jellybean, when you get your car are you going to have the courage to drive it to school?

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
So Jellybean, when you get your car are you going to have the courage to drive it to school?
Of course! This is how I get all of my classroom things to and from School. I was heading home from school with a car load of my things from packing up the classroom the afternoon when I was hit. Thank goodness a friend who had an SUV came and rescued me from where I was stranded on the side of the road and took me to the tow yard to clean out my school stuff. The first day I brought the red GTS to school there was a bit of talking about it. When I had a miami blue loaner everyone thought that I got a new one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 2 cents on the black door handles - I had them on my wife's 2017 white Cayenne (just what the dealer found that had all the other options we wanted) and liked them so much we ordered her 2020 white Cayenne that way as well. The black door handles look awesome on a white car with all of the other black trim and I'm sure they'd look great on the crayon/chalk color too. Plus it makes the car more unique. The black door handles don't scratch up anymore than any other color door handle.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I ordered black handles on my Carmine GTS with the black roof rails. I thought they looked fantastic. On my new build which is Mamba Green at the moment I also have the black handles ordered as well.

I like the bit of contrasting color to match the other black bits

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Of course! This is how I get all of my classroom things to and from School. I was heading home from school with a car load of my things from packing up the classroom the afternoon when I was hit. Thank goodness a friend who had an SUV came and rescued me from where I was stranded on the side of the road and took me to the tow yard to clean out my school stuff. The first day I brought the red GTS to school there was a bit of talking about it. When I had a miami blue loaner everyone thought that I got a new one.
My neighbor school teacher drove an el Camino Chevy to work every day as the kids thought it was cool enough to leave it alone. In her secret life it is a GT-R!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I ordered black handles on my Carmine GTS with the black roof rails. I thought they looked fantastic. On my new build which is Mamba Green at the moment I also have the black handles ordered as well.

I like the bit of contrasting color to match the other black bits
Jellybean, after seeing RasKirCar's car on his Porsche Code, which unlike our configurator here in the U.S. actually shows the Pano Roof, I've decided to delete the Roof Rails. A little too "busy" up there with the very conspicuous roof, IMO. With the Roof Rails gone, leaving only the Pano Roof up top, I'm now considering adding the black door handles back on, thinking they (along with the Sport Mirrors) might add just the right amount of contrast to the sides. Plus with Mike1117's endorsement just above I'm now strongly leaning in that direction. New Code: PM4SDSE7

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@RasKirCar your build just gets better and better. This group is highly addicting because they recommend so many wonderful things you haven't thought about putting on your build that you didn't know you needed to have. :) Trust me, I am in your shoes working on a build for a GTS and now I am thinking of adding the special noise reducing glass to mine. I had the 18 way seats in my old GTS and loved them, very comfortable.

You are so lucky that you have the option to order Crayon for the same cost of Miami Blue. Here in the states we get the option for Carmine Red, Chalk, and Miami Blue for the low cost of 3,100 dollars. If we had crayon as an option I would have picked that one as well, but I'm not willing to pay the big bucks to do Paint To Sample. I am spending my money elsewhere. Hopefully you will not have to wait to long to get this beautiful car.
Thanks for the kind words, @Jellybean! :)..

I am new here, but I already feel the quality of this forum, although it’s hurting my wallet, haha..

Happy to hear that you like the 18-way seats, as I also added them now.

I have to say I really love the Carmine Red as well (maybe even would have chosen this colour if it was not the same price as Crayon)..

The dealer said I probably have to wait until early 2021, but maybe October/November 2020.. will see when I place the order.

Do you know how the process of payment usually is? Like how much do you put down with the order and when do you pay the rest?

Thanks again, @Jellybean! :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I cheaped out and regret getting the 8 way comfort seats :) They lack lumbar support.
From what I have heard the 14 way comfort is a safe bet option. People either hate or love the 18 ways. The general consensus is if you are slim to medium build you will like it Bigger build folks don’t seem to like it. Your dealer will definitely have both these seats on some of the Macans(they are not GTS exclusive). Check them out.
Great! I will definitely try them out before making the final decision.
I am slim and so are most of the people I would be driving with, so I think I have to think about myself and the lady first.. ;-)..

Thanks again, @vvvarunv!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Jellybean, after seeing RasKirCar's car on his Porsche Code, which unlike our configurator here in the U.S. actually shows the Pano Roof, I've decided to delete the Roof Rails. A little too "busy" up there with the very conspicuous roof, IMO. With the Roof Rails gone, leaving only the Pano Roof up top, I'm now considering adding the black door handles back on, thinking they (along with the Sport Mirrors) might add just the right amount of contrast to the sides. Plus with Mike1117's endorsement just above I'm now strongly leaning in that direction. Revised Code: PMMWPLH6
Nice build, @JRB!

I think the black handles would look amazing on your car!

And totally agree with the rails. The pano roof deserves to shine by itself, if you dont absolutely need the rails.. ;-)..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I would suggest checking what the standard options are on the GTS in Europe. At least in Canada, the GTS comes with heated front seats and the steering wheel also comes with the heated function. As such, paying for the heated steering wheel option only gets you an upgrade to the GTS sport wheel and so really it's really only a style preference. The heated seat option gets you heated seats in the rear. I had a chance to sit in the 18-way sport seats at my dealership prior to COVID. Ultimately I decided to go with the 8-way seats since they had the exact same sport design and just lacked some points of adjustability that I didn't need. It's worth noting that if you want seat ventilation, you need to go with either the 14- or 18-way seats (at least in Canada, which I think is the same as the US model).
Thanks for your input, @Canuck!
Highly appreciate it.

What is standard is extremely different from the Italian market to the US and Canadian market apparently.

Neither of the things you mention are standard, unfortunately. Guess I have to draw the line when it comes to options, somewhere..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
My 2 cents on the black door handles - I had them on my wife's 2017 white Cayenne (just what the dealer found that had all the other options we wanted) and liked them so much we ordered her 2020 white Cayenne that way as well. The black door handles look awesome on a white car with all of the other black trim and I'm sure they'd look great on the crayon/chalk color too. Plus it makes the car more unique. The black door handles don't scratch up anymore than any other color door handle.
Thanks for reconfirming the choice of the black handles, @Mike1117!

For sure I love the contrast, and surely it should work with both White, Crayon, Carmine Red, Mamba Green etc., when the wheels are black.. ;-)..

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, @Jellybean! :)..

I am new here, but I already feel the quality of this forum, although it’s hurting my wallet, haha..

Happy to hear that you like the 18-way seats, as I also added them now.

I have to say I really love the Carmine Red as well (maybe even would have chosen this colour if it was not the same price as Crayon)..

The dealer said I probably have to wait until early 2021, but maybe October/November 2020.. will see when I place the order.

Do you know how the process of payment usually is? Like how much do you put down with the order and when do you pay the rest?

Thanks again, @Jellybean! :)
I am sure you will need to check with your dealer with regarding to orders and payment, but here in the states each dealer is even different. For my 2018 GTS, I put a thousand down and paid the balance before I picked it up at the Porsche Experience Center. For this one, I am ordering a 2021 GTS, the 2021 would be arriving about a month later than the 2020 so I figured for an extra month wait I would get a 2021 version. My build is going to be done in September with a late November early December delivery at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta.

The dealer that i am working with now I gave him a thousand dollar deposit when I placed my order to lock in the build for me. He told me that I won’t have to pay the balance until it comes in. Other dealers I have read require a deposit to save your build and then when the order locks in they had to put down even more money like 10 percent.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
@JRB your new build looks great with the black handles added back in with the black sport mirrors. I am going back and forth between the sport mirrors in the car color, or adding the black sport mirrors on mine.

·
Registered
393 Posts
@JRB your new build looks great with the black handles added back in with the black sport mirrors. I am going back and forth between the sport mirrors in the car color, or adding the black sport mirrors on mine.
I know, decisions decisions! Try to find a photo of your color that includes the Panoramic Roof. For me that changed the overall look, causing me to delete the roof rails but to add back in the black door handles to create what to my eyes anyway gives the white car a perfect balance.

Good luck with whatever you decide with the mirrors!

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
@JRB these are a couple of pictures that I had on my ipad, not the best sorry. Somewhere I have the pictures that were taken by the PEC person and I am sure there are better pictures of her with the pano roof with the roof rails. I will go hunting for zip drive tomorrow to look.

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
Appreciate it, Jellybean, but don't spend a lot of time searching. I think the overall look of having them both would be a lot different depending on the color of the vehicle. The black roof rails really stand out on the Carrara White paint, making them much more noticeable. I just thought they were too close to the panoramic roof, and instead of adding it actually detracted from the overall look. Of course I realize that finishing touches like this are purely personal preference, with beauty squarely in the eyes of the beholder!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Beautiful build! I'd recommend 18-way seats, nicest seats I've ever sat in, and my passengers have felt the same way. If it gets chilly out where you live, the heated steering wheel is nice.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts