Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum,

I am new here and it’s my first post, however I have read many of the posts here - very helpful!

The thing is that I currently live in Italy (citizen of another EU country) and I am looking for a Porsche Macan GTS 2021 model.

Yesterday I went to Porsche dealer and we spec’d a car together. Really happy about it. Could any of you Porsche experts take a look at the spec to see if there are any crucial things I am missing? Any recommendations?

This exact spec is EUR 101.000 (I know this is significantly more than in the US). The dealer quickly (without me asking) lowered the total to EUR 95.000. Pretty sure it should be possible to get it further down closer to EUR 90.000 - although it would be a new one from the factory.

Was also thinking about leasing, however the price if I buy the car after 4 years would be EUR 15-20k higher.

Looking forward to your kind assistance :).

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
@RasKirCar:

1) Welcome to the forum.

2) It looks like a very nice build to me, without getting very excessive with the option list. Most of us have to stop somewhere, when putting check marks in the option possibilities.

I'm not up on the GTS in general (I have an '18 S, and my only experience with a GTS was driving one for 45 minutes at the Atlanta, USA, PEC two+ years ago), and I'm not versed very well in the newly included options for the '20 and '21 GTS, either.

I have some suggestions for you, but as I say, I don't know whether they're already included in your build. Plus, I don't know whether the packages are the same, or even exist, in Europe. Here goes:

- Is the Navigation system already included? I don't have Nav, but I had a '20 loaner for a few days, and that wide display with Nav was very impressive.

- I'd add LCA (not LKA) and Surround-View, if those options are not already standard on your proposed order.

- As always, I think the CMS is the best value among the options. You get actual, useful, hardware, and for less than changing the color of a gauge.

In any case, good luck with your order.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@RasKirCar:

1) Welcome to the forum.

2) It looks like a very nice build to me, without getting very excessive with the option list. Most of us have to stop somewhere, when putting check marks in the option possibilities.

I'm not up on the GTS in general (I have an '18 S, and my only experience with a GTS was driving one for 45 minutes at the Atlanta, USA, PEC two+ years ago), and I'm not versed very well in the newly included options for the '20 and '21 GTS, either.

I have some suggestions for you, but as I say, I don't know whether they're already included in your build. Plus, I don't know whether the packages are the same, or even exist, in Europe. Here goes:

- Is the Navigation system already included? I don't have Nav, but I had a '20 loaner for a few days, and that wide display with Nav was very impressive.

- I'd add LCA (not LKA) and Surround-View, if those options are not already standard on your proposed order.

- As always, I think the CMS is the best value among the options. You get actual, useful, hardware, and for less than changing the color of a gauge.

In any case, good luck with your order.
Thank you so much, wspollack!
Very kind of you to respond.

I am not big on the abbreviations, so could you elaborate on the CMS?
Will definitely add Lane Change Assist, however the Surround View I heard was not necessary, however nice to have, for sure!

Actually not sure about the navigation. Can’t find anything about this, so I assume not, but will look into this, although usually use the phone, but of course nicer to have something included with the actual car. :)..

Do you have an opinion on leasing vs buying?

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Thank you so much, wspollack!
Very kind of you to respond.

I am not big on the abbreviations, so could you elaborate on the CMS?
Will definitely add Lane Change Assist, however the Surround View I heard was not necessary, however nice to have, for sure!

Actually not sure about the navigation. Can’t find anything about this, so I assume not, but will look into this, although usually use the phone, but of course nicer to have something included with the actual car. :)..

Do you have an opinion on leasing vs buying?

Thanks again! :)
- That's Cargo Management System. Check out this thread that I started three years ago, which has some very useful videos created by other folks (as opposed to Porsche's very UN-useful description in the Configurator, at least three years ago):

- I use a phone for nav, too, because of a limited budget opting not to spec nav, ApplePlay, and Connect, because: 1) we don't actually need a GPS very often, and; 2) that saved something like $3,000 or $4,000.

However, I thought I read here that the latest versions of the Macan include Nav. Or maybe I'm thinking of ApplePlay. In any case, on that loaner, I had the Nav on, and it was a think of beauty in that large screen, reacted promptly as the car moved along, was crisp, and so forth. If we get another Macan, I'm just have to up my budget, I decided.

- I have no idea about leasing. I've never leased a car, always bought new cars (and had ordered two, a Mazda about a dozen years ago, and the Macan, my first Porsche). HOWEVER, from my reading of threads here for three years now, I can state that OTHER folks -- people knowledgeable in this area -- seem to overwhelmingly feel that Porsche's lease terms are among the least favorable in the industry, and pretty much say to give that financing option a pass (unless, of course, there are special factors, such as the lease's being placed in the name of a company, for tax purposes, that sort of thing).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice build.

A few things you want to consider :
1. LCA is pretty useful. Check it out if you haven’t added it

2. Try sitting in the seats. 8 way sport vs 14 way comfort vs 18 way sport. Different people have different opinion about them

3. Smoking package(free option in the US) to cover up the console hole.

4.Towbar system if you plan on towing

5. Roof rails if you plan on carrying stuff on your roof.

6. Automatic dimming mirrors if you do a lot of night driving.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Since you spec'd heated seats, you might also appreciate the heated steering wheel option. (y)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I would definitely add full leather, surround view, and heated steering wheel. I would cut out crayon, ionizer if you have limited budget

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@RasKirCar I loved that you picked Crayon as your color. Is that color an option for you to pick from for a small fee, or in the states it is a Paint to Sample and costs big bucks!

Surround View in my personal opinion is a MUST! I don't have it on the car that I am currently driving and I really miss it. I would use it all the time, especially when I was parking so I wouldn't accidentally curb the wheels and mess up the rims to turning it on to make sure I was dead center in the parking space. If it doesn't cost to much more and you have the room in your budget I would add it.

I think it is very interesting what each country is able to get on their car as part of a package or as standard equipment.

@wspollack the new model for the states comes with navigation and apple CarPlay standard, or I for sure would have been paying to have it on the new one I am building.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrats on the new GTS! Very sharp looking build!

Personally I'd delete the black door handles....they get scratched up quickly, and you have too much black going on with the vehicle.

And I would opt for 18 way seats, surround view, LCA (Lane Change Assist), and the smoking pkg.

I wish the U.S. configurator showed the pano roof on the GTS!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
- That's Cargo Management System. Check out this thread that I started three years ago, which has some very useful videos created by other folks (as opposed to Porsche's very UN-useful description in the Configurator, at least three years ago):

- I use a phone for nav, too, because of a limited budget opting not to spec nav, ApplePlay, and Connect, because: 1) we don't actually need a GPS very often, and; 2) that saved something like $3,000 or $4,000.

However, I thought I read here that the latest versions of the Macan include Nav. Or maybe I'm thinking of ApplePlay. In any case, on that loaner, I had the Nav on, and it was a think of beauty in that large screen, reacted promptly as the car moved along, was crisp, and so forth. If we get another Macan, I'm just have to up my budget, I decided.

- I have no idea about leasing. I've never leased a car, always bought new cars (and had ordered two, a Mazda about a dozen years ago, and the Macan, my first Porsche). HOWEVER, from my reading of threads here for three years now, I can state that OTHER folks -- people knowledgeable in this area -- seem to overwhelmingly feel that Porsche's lease terms are among the least favorable in the industry, and pretty much say to give that financing option a pass (unless, of course, there are special factors, such as the lease's being placed in the name of a company, for tax purposes, that sort of thing).
@wspollack so I have added the CMS as you recommended, and for the price it seems great. I did also add the LCA and Surround View (looks amazing).. Going to take your advice here!

Further I checked and it seems like the navigation and all is already included in the base of the GTS in the Italian market at least.

Updated spec: The Porsche Code

I really appreciate your help. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice build.

A few things you want to consider :
1. LCA is pretty useful. Check it out if you haven’t added it

2. Try sitting in the seats. 8 way sport vs 14 way comfort vs 18 way sport. Different people have different opinion about them

3. Smoking package(free option in the US) to cover up the console hole.

4.Towbar system if you plan on towing

5. Roof rails if you plan on carrying stuff on your roof.

6. Automatic dimming mirrors if you do a lot of night driving.
Greatly appreciate your reply, @vvvarunv!

Added the LCA right away. In terms of the seats, unfortunately the dealer had no GTS in stock, so unable to try them. I did choose the 14-way because I heard they were more comfortable, however I do see some recommendations here for 18-way, so for now I have changes to this. What is your opinion here?

Smoking PKG was EUR 55, so added it.

Will not be towing or putting rails on, but did add the dimmimg mirrors (great advice).

Thanks for your help again! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would definitely add full leather, surround view, and heated steering wheel. I would cut out crayon, ionizer if you have limited budget
Thanks so much for your input, @windblow!

I really wish I could add all the good stuff, however I need to limit a little, so I dont think I can go with the full leather (also the lady does not love the leather, as you would get stuck to it here in warm Italy, ha ha)..

I did add the Surround View and heated steering wheel! Do you have an opinion on the standard heated steering wheel vs the sport GT? For now I chose the more expensive one, but unsure if it looks better..

I do love the Crayon, so can’t get myself to delete that! (Although very expensive)..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@RasKirCar I loved that you picked Crayon as your color. Is that color an option for you to pick from for a small fee, or in the states it is a Paint to Sample and costs big bucks!

Surround View in my personal opinion is a MUST! I don't have it on the car that I am currently driving and I really miss it. I would use it all the time, especially when I was parking so I wouldn't accidentally curb the wheels and mess up the rims to turning it on to make sure I was dead center in the parking space. If it doesn't cost to much more and you have the room in your budget I would add it.

I think it is very interesting what each country is able to get on their car as part of a package or as standard equipment.

@wspollack the new model for the states comes with navigation and apple CarPlay standard, or I for sure would have been paying to have it on the new one I am building.
Amazing, thank you very much, @Jellybean!

The moment I entered the showroom at the local dealer, I saw a 911 in the Crayon colour and I was sold. Absolutely love it. Super crisp and very rare here in Italy at least.

Unfortunately it was the most expensive colour option at around EUR 2.500 (together with Miami Blue), but I love it too much to let it go for a Jet Black (EUR 1.000) or similar..

It was around EUR 1.000 more for the Surround View, so I added it after all the great recommendations in this thread, thanks!

And yes the NAV and stuff was already included in the package (thankfully)..

Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Updated spec - The Porsche Code

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Congrats on the new GTS! Very sharp looking build!

Personally I'd delete the black door handles....they get scratched up quickly, and you have too much black going on with the vehicle.

And I would opt for 18 way seats, surround view, LCA (Lane Change Assist), and the smoking pkg.

I wish the U.S. configurator showed the pano roof on the GTS!

View attachment 232300
Thanks, @Masscan! Nice of you.. :)

I was really debating with the door handles. I do love the black as the contrast to the Crayon colour of the car, but I will definitely take it into consideration!

I added both the 18-way seats, LCA and the smoke package as well. Thanks!

The very first option I knew I wanted was the pano roof. Heard only good things!

Updated spec - The Porsche Code

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@RasKirCar your build just gets better and better. This group is highly addicting because they recommend so many wonderful things you haven't thought about putting on your build that you didn't know you needed to have. :) Trust me, I am in your shoes working on a build for a GTS and now I am thinking of adding the special noise reducing glass to mine. I had the 18 way seats in my old GTS and loved them, very comfortable.

You are so lucky that you have the option to order Crayon for the same cost of Miami Blue. Here in the states we get the option for Carmine Red, Chalk, and Miami Blue for the low cost of 3,100 dollars. If we had crayon as an option I would have picked that one as well, but I'm not willing to pay the big bucks to do Paint To Sample. I am spending my money elsewhere. Hopefully you will not have to wait to long to get this beautiful car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Greatly appreciate your reply, @vvvarunv!

Added the LCA right away. In terms of the seats, unfortunately the dealer had no GTS in stock, so unable to try them. I did choose the 14-way because I heard they were more comfortable, however I do see some recommendations here for 18-way, so for now I have changes to this. What is your opinion here?

Smoking PKG was EUR 55, so added it.

Will not be towing or putting rails on, but did add the dimmimg mirrors (great advice).

Thanks for your help again! :)
I cheaped out and regret getting the 8 way comfort seats :) They lack lumbar support.
From what I have heard the 14 way comfort is a safe bet option. People either hate or love the 18 ways. The general consensus is if you are slim to medium build you will like it Bigger build folks don’t seem to like it. Your dealer will definitely have both these seats on some of the Macans(they are not GTS exclusive). Check them out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You are so lucky that you have the option to order Crayon for the same cost of Miami Blue. Here in the states we get the option for Carmine Red, Chalk, and Miami Blue for the low cost of 3,100 dollars. If we had crayon as an option I would have picked that one as well, but I'm not willing to pay the big bucks to do Paint To Sample. I am spending my money elsewhere. Hopefully you will not have to wait to long to get this beautiful car.
Crayon and Chalk are the same color. Just saying.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@RasKirCar your build just gets better and better. This group is highly addicting because they recommend so many wonderful things you haven't thought about putting on your build that you didn't know you needed to have. :) Trust me, I am in your shoes working on a build for a GTS and now I am thinking of adding the special noise reducing glass to mine. I had the 18 way seats in my old GTS and loved them, very comfortable.

Crayon and chalk are the same color. In Europe it’s called crayon and states it’s called chalk

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Crayon and Chalk are the same color. Just saying.
hmmm from looking at them I thought there was a slight difference between the two

1 - 20 of 39 Posts