1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far here are the engines I think the 2014 Macan will come with:

- 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine
- Direct-injection 3.2-liter V6 engine
- Turbocharged or Supercharged V6 engine with up to 400BHP (Macan Turbo S)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Up to 400BHP on the Macan Turbo S is reasonable but it would be awesome, it's just enough for what I believe the weight will be on the Macan, making for a great power to weight ratio. Might be possible that it will see a 0-60 time close to the Cayenne Turbo S, maybe better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
about time Porsche will have a high gas mileage SUV, the 2.0-turbo Macan will be a top seller being a fuel efficient brand new Porsche, can't get better than that.
what is the expected power output from that engine? IMO a Porsche Macan 4 cylinder will need at least 250HP and over 230 torque to be suitable

·
Registered
13 Posts
The technical specifications sheet for the 2014 Porsche Macan has surfaced the web, offering full details about the sub-Cayenne model.
Porsche's first ever crossover will weigh 1,898 kg (4,184 lbs) in its lightest version (S Diesel) and will be 4675mm long, 1923mm wide and 1628mm tall, with a 2807mm wheelbase (the same one as the Audi Q5). The attached photo shows the China-spec Macan which will be available in three versions: S, S Diesel and Turbo.
The Porsche Macan S will have a V6 3.0-liter 340 HP (250 kW) and 460 Nm (339 lb-ft) of torque which will grant the car with a 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) run in 5.5 seconds and a top speed of 158 mph (254 km/h). Next up is the Macan S Diesel with a V6 3.0-liter churning 258 HP (190 kW) and a maximum torque of 580 Nm (428 lb-ft), enough for a 0-62 mph sprint in 6.2 seconds and a 140 mph (226 km/h) top speed.
The range-topping Macan Turbo will make use of a V6 3.6-liter twin-turbo motor developing 400 HP (294 kW) and 550 Nm (405 lb-ft). It will complete the 0-62 mph task in 4.8 seconds prior to hitting a top speed of 167 mph (269 km/h).
The 2014 Porsche Macan will be officially revealed later this month at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

2014 Porsche Macan full specs leaked

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Porsche isn't in the habit of imposing an electronic limiter on top speed. This is their policy on the sports cars, anyway. Not sure about the 4-doors.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
That's very likely close to the aerodynamic limit anyway. . . SUV's tend to hit a brick wall somewhere around 250 km/h. Although the Macan is slinkier than some.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will wait for the Porsche Macan S -E Hybrid with inductive charging. Just make sure it does at least .92 g on the skid pad....
Are you sure that they will be offering a hybrid engine option on the Macan? I haven't heard about this option at all yet.

I also wonder what the performance specs would be on a hybrid Macan. Will it be lots more heavy? How much hp would it produce. And how expensive would it be.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That's very likely close to the aerodynamic limit anyway. . . SUV's tend to hit a brick wall somewhere around 250 km/h. Although the Macan is slinkier than some.
SUV's where I live tend to hit all sorts of things at much slower speeds, if you know what I mean?;)

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
4 cylinder definitely (2.0L turbo). I wouldn't be suprised with a hybrid since there is already a Cayenne e-hybrid but I dont think its been announced yet. And apparently the US is not getting the 4 banger.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm waiting for these cars to get on a dyno. Porsche likes to underrate their numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if the 1/4 mile time and the 0-60 time were off by a at least two tenths of a second.
Official times to beat:

Maybe they were measured with a fully-optioned car :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.