Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the Macan Porsche has adopted a top down approach, meaning at launch the Macan Turbo and Macan S will be available, which leads to other questions like will we see a Turbo S and GTS model???

No matter, my intention is to break down the Cayenne pricing and see if we can apply some of the logic to Macan pricing. I'm going to be working with Canadian pricing because Porsche USA does not list the base Cayenne price.

Cayenne: $57,000
Cayenne S: $75,400
Cayenne Turbo: $123,800

Macan S: $54,300
Macan Turbo: $82,200

Macan S is priced at 66% of Macan Turbo
Cayenne S is priced at 61% of Cayenne Turbo

close enough that we can make a fair assumption...

Cayenne is 46% of Cayenne Turbo

So if we take 46% of Macan Turbo pricing that gives us $37,812 which is a little low in my opinion so lets bump the percentage up to 51% to stay in line with the earlier percentage delta of 5%.

At 51% of Macan Turbo the base Macan should clock in at $41,922...

what do you guys think? $41,922 seems quite fair in my books although keep in mind again that I'm working with Canadian pricing so in the US is could just dip into the $30s.

at $41,922 Macan base will be just more than Q5 which is in line with the difference between Cayenne and Q7....

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Porsche's Pricing Strategy Doesn't Make Any Sense. THE Base Cayenne IS $500 CHEAPER than Macan!!1!!11!!

but we dont have a base Macan yet... Its a top down strategy, so right now "base would be the Macan S, Porsche has said the lower level variants would be released in due time... So yes Macan S is the same price as a base level Cayenne but that works out more in Macans favor as someone who could be considering a bare bones Cayenne can hop into an up market Macan S for the same cost...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.