Porsche Macan Forum banner

Porsche hidden (encodable) features

264K views 1K replies 138 participants last post by  TigerMac 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have bought a new car Macan, and I heard a friend say to brush some Porsche hidden functions, using the Porsche engineers version of the computer brush out, which a friend can help me brush out, computer engineer, who can brush out, please contact me, and I will thank you to the way you like.

#2 ·
Have bought a new car Macan, I heard a friend say to brush some Porsche hidden function, using the Porsche engineers version of the computer brush out, which a friend can help me brush out, computer engineer, who can brush out, please contact me, I will thank you to the way you like

Sorry but no idea what brush out means . Do you mean tune the car for higher horsepower ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Hello @Mr xiaotoan and welcome to the group.

Looks like either auto-correct, or a language translation program did not work as intended. Your question is difficult to understand.

Are you asking whether a diagnostic tool can access a hidden menu on the Porsche Macan computer, for the purpose of activating options or features that were not part of the original build specification?

Hidden menus and coding options can be found on Audi's, and are easy to access and change. However, I have not heard whether this is readily possible on the Porsche Macan. The Macan does not use the same VCDS that Audi does.

#8 ·
I looks as if he is requesting if coding changes can be made with the factory diagnostic tool (or perhaps an aftermarket one such as Durametric). The answer is yes, with the PIWIS II you can do coding changes just like other platforms such as Audi or BMW, in theory you should be able to do it with a Durametric if it is running software compatible with the Macan.

The trick is finding someone with a PIWIS II that is willing to do the changes. On my Macan, I was able to have the air suspension lowered by 40mm on all four corners by recoding the control module and there are many other changes that you can do too.

#4 ·
The two responses above are why I love the posters here. The response to the OP would have been a lot different on other forums.

#10 ·
Nice! OP did 2 posts so far and is already a lifetime member.

I have over 2000 posts and need to do it too. I am sure my 2000+ posts contributed to the forum a lot but the joy/value/info I got from the forum is even more. :p

#13 ·
Basically the dealer or repair shop just needs to go into the air suspension control module with the PIWIS and add 20 millimeters to your current suspension settings input by the factory, you have to add to the number on the Macan to make the car go lower. They may try to subtract because this it how it works on the Cayenne and Panamera, but the Macan is different.

Here is an example of what they would do, these numbers are arbitrary, so do not use them in your own car.

Left Front original coding 414, they would add 20 to make it 434
Right Front original coding 416, they would add 20 to make it 436
Left Rear original coding 418, they would add 20 to make it 438
Right Rear original coding 414, they would add 20 to make it 434.

This is basically the logic behind it and these numbers do not mean anything, so do not input them into the car, I have no idea what your factory settings are as each car may be slightly different, they are set at the factory based upon many different parameters.

Also do this at you own risk, as I have no clue on how this will affect your warranty or the service life of the air suspension.

In my opinion, the car actually would look better if you lower the front by 10mm more than the rear, because of the shape of the wheel arches, sometimes the Macan looks as if it is squatting in the back.

Also 20mm is less than and inch and to be honest, it will not even look like you have lowered the car.

#28 ·
Can someone confirm that to adjust it lower you add the value in the PIWIS per the screenshot below?

Attachments

Reactions: MacanGT2
#16 ·
Yes, google translate isn't 100% precise... instrument gravity?

Some features can be enabled/disabled but some can't, same as BMW.

#17 ·
I think I can decipher a bit of what he is asking...

It appears to me that he is asking if he can recode certain control modules in the car, similar to what is very common in VW, Audi and BMW vehicles.

With the VW and Audi, you use a device made by Ross-Tech which is called VCDS, it will communicate to the car though the CAN-BUS. It can also be performed wth the VAS-6150C factory scan tool. BMW has similar electronic tools to make changes as well.

On the VW/Audi is is called "long coding" changes.

Common changes on the Audi's would be to roll the windows up and down with the remote, turn off the amber side marker lights, increase the LED brightness at night, remove warning screens from the navigation and enable the ability to watch videos through the DVD when the car is moving, also changing the number of turn signal blinks from 3 to 5 for the momentary switch.

I know for a fact that there are functions that can be changed with the PIWIS II, on my own Macan I was only interested in changing the vehicle ride height and did not look into any other changes.

I do not have a PIWIS II and have no interest in owning one for the Porsche, therefore I was able to get somebody who does have one to make my change for me.

It is entirely possible that the changes can also be made with a Durametric scan tool, I have access to a much older one that will not communicate with the Macan, so I just left it at that and went with a PIWIS II

According to the Durametric website version 6.5.1.1 and newer is able to communicate with the Macan, however I have yet to see language on their website which states that coding changes on the Macan are supported.

There is quite a bit of data that has been shared on how to make the changes in the BMW and Audi, due to the sheer volume of owners performing the modifications, but the Porsche community is a little bit different, the technicians that I have met are very protective of their technical knowledge.

Because I understand how the air suspension and the air suspension management system works (it is very similar to the Audi S6 I owned) I was able to communicate to my Porsche technician exactly what I wanted him to do.

#20 ·
That appears to be a knock off and I cannot say whether or not it would actually work. My car was adjusted with a genuine factory Porsche computer by a former Porsche Motorsport Engineer.

The Cargraphic module is a better way to go if you have one, because 1.) you can remove it whenever you want 2.) you can make slight adjustments to the ride height with a screwdriver.

#24 ·
@Cheshi143

Your translation skills are awesome :D

Well done sir.

#25 ·
Sorry, I was waiting for a Chinese version to translate. :)

Undoubtedly, @Cheshi143 did a good job translating the English version. ;)

#38 ·
In the PIWIS screen shot does this 20 mm difference equal the rake ? Doesn’t it look backwards to you ?.....
A 20mm difference is about 3/4".....which seems like a bit more that the 1/2" (~13mm) I've read about and measured on my own car. I would not necessarily expect equal values front and rear to yield equal wheel gaps.....so I would recommend confirming your car's current wheel arch height, front and rear, before adjusting.

The logic in PIWIS is backwards for what you would expect in this case. To lower the car, you have to increase the value. This was confirmed earlier in this thread....see post number 13.
Fun stuff!

#40 ·
Forget lowering the Macan. Let's talk about your boat:D