Porsche Macan Forum banner
601 - 619 of 619 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
EDIT, the actual PB options are below...I do not know if ANY work.

Drive away assist without gas
Key out Apply (not apply on Shift to park)
Progressive release
reduce clamp force
Drive away assist
Seat belt buckle detection
Apply due to engine stall
Emerg brake intensity

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
EDIT, the actual PB options are below...I do not know if ANY work.

Drive away assist without gas
Key out Apply (not apply on Shift to park)
Progressive release
reduce clamp force
Drive away assist
Seat belt buckle detection
Apply due to engine stall
Emerg brake intensity
Can't remember if it's my car, or the wife's car (2019 Cayenne). One, or both, of them applies the brake if a door is open and the transmission is in gear (doesn't matter which happens first). I get it, but it just bugs the crap out of me when I need to just pull the car forward a couple of inches. I've tried to work "release the brake" into my tiny pea brain when I go to move the car with the door open.

Given that I park mostly on fairly level surfaces, I don't think I'd want the brake applying itself every time I park. If your situation is the opposite, then maybe the brake would be a good thing.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
probably......I don't mind the pitch.....its just so loud...when in sealed garage :)
I definitely understand, that's why I cut mine off.

I hated the beeps on the hatch, but wanted them to stay on, so I changed the pitch and the tempo. Now, my hatch makes two beeps, one at the start of movement, and one just before it finishes. It's also a lower pitch. Definitely less annoying to me, hopefully less annoying to my neighbors.

Maybe you can change the duration of the lock chirp? Make it so short that it's actually quiet(er).

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Nice work on the hatch . I did see those parameters …..for me , no hatch tone is best.

Have you seen Acoustic lock parameters anywhere ?

2016 MT

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice work on the hatch . I did see those parameters …..for me , no hatch tone is best.

Have you seen Acoustic lock parameters anywhere ?

2016 MT
I just plugged in the x431 and poked around. The only acoustic lock parameter I can see is the one documented way-up above for cutting the chirp off completely (Front-end Electronics). I checked the usual suspects: Gateway, Front-end Elec, Rear Elec, PCM, Instrument Cluster
  • Front-end Electronics: Coding-General-Acoustic feedback for locking (only permitted in North America). Set to No.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Thanks, same as me ….seems no tone or volume parameters for Arm chirp…..bummer.

·
Registered
2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue
53 Posts
In “Parking Brake”, found an option to apply the PB when the the car is shifted to Park.

See any reason why this would not be beneficial enabled ? I use the PB all the time to protect the PDK from roll back.

2016 MT
That would be very useful. Just disable it when doing new brakes. With Hawk & EBC brake pads you cannot engage the ebrake until the brakes have cooled during the bed in process.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Parking brake applied when key out/car shut off and doors locked.

Thanks @Teddis for letting me use his tools and garage space.

Launch could not code the PB module. We kept getting writing failed or something like that.
PIWIS Coded the same function with no issues

95b.1 Macan turbo. parking brake on when key out.

ignore the beep my phone connected to my wifi.

- Foglights on with welcome/leaving home lights
Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Parking brake applied when key out/car shut off and doors locked.

Thanks @Teddis for letting me use his tools and garage space.

Launch could not code the PB module. We kept getting writing failed or something like that.
PIWIS Coded the same function with no issues

95b.1 Macan turbo. parking brake on when key out.

ignore the beep my phone connected to my wifi.

- Foglights on with welcome/leaving home lights
View attachment 250262
Awesome

How about you guys figure this one out:
  • 2021 Macan with PDLS+
  • I have lights that turn on to light the side I‘m turning towards (one light at a time)
  • Both of those lights turn on for “intersection lighting”
  • How do I tell the car to use those as fog lights (so I can turn them on with the headlight switch)? They cast a low and wide beam, so they are perfect for fog lights

Also - how can I turn on both of the rear fog lights?

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, new owner/forum member who just slugged through 31 pages of this thread. Now I have a couple of questions. My last car was a BMW340. Coding it was easy and cheap. BimmerCode app and a $40 Bluetooth OBD device and my phone. I don’t suppose there is an app I can use with that same OBD device? I’d sure hate to spend $900 on a launch unnecessarily.

Second, early in this thread, someone remarked about how easy it was to code an Audi. Can you point me to THAT? My wife has one and she really wants to make some changes not in the manual. I tried looking around, but apparently did not phrase my questions properly to my search engine.

And thanks for putting that google sheet together. It gives me a good starting point for when I do get to work.

Is it possible to make the tires show temperature as well as pressure (the Bimmer had this feature, and I liked it).It seems like something you would find on a 911/Cayman, but it would make sense if they just reused the same components.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Okay, new owner/forum member who just slugged through 31 pages of this thread. Now I have a couple of questions. My last car was a BMW340. Coding it was easy and cheap. BimmerCode app and a $40 Bluetooth OBD device and my phone. I don’t suppose there is an app I can use with that same OBD device? I’d sure hate to spend $900 on a launch unnecessarily.

Second, early in this thread, someone remarked about how easy it was to code an Audi. Can you point me to THAT? My wife has one and she really wants to make some changes not in the manual. I tried looking around, but apparently did not phrase my questions properly to my search engine.

And thanks for putting that google sheet together. It gives me a good starting point for when I do get to work.

Is it possible to make the tires show temperature as well as pressure (the Bimmer had this feature, and I liked it).It seems like something you would find on a 911/Cayman, but it would make sense if they just reused the same components.
My wife’s MB has that and I like it. To my knowledge, in the Gen1’s you can’t do that. If I’m wrong, someone tell me ASAP.

·
Registered
685 Posts

There is not an easy way to code a Macan - not like Bimmercode. You can get a diagnostic tool which would give you limited options, although I dont know which one would work. My indy had one that cost thousands of dollars and he could do a lot with it. He just flipped one or two things but we never tinkered around with any other features. I personally would never screw around with it. I doubt Porsche did this intentionally, but changing one setting will disable some other settings and you wouldn't know.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

I don't know of anything less expensive than the Launch. At least with the Launch, you should also be able to do Audi coding (and BMW coding, and MB coding, etc.).

If you want something specific for coding Audi's, and no other replies show up here, then it will likely be best to go to a popular Audi forum and poke around, or Google "Audi coding software". That google search pointed out this possibility, which seems to be similar to bimmercode, but it's subscription/cloud based (which I think SUCKS).

If you end up getting a Launch, or a PIWIS, we can likely help you out. Just don't stray too far from my post, or the spreadsheet. We all love bimmercode for our BMW's (I still have my dongle, even though there are no Roundels in the garage), but Porsche definitely doesn't make things so easy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome

How about you guys figure this one out:
  • 2021 Macan with PDLS+
  • I have lights that turn on to light the side I‘m turning towards (one light at a time)
  • Both of those lights turn on for “intersection lighting”
  • How do I tell the car to use those as fog lights (so I can turn them on with the headlight switch)? They cast a low and wide beam, so they are perfect for fog lights

Also - how can I turn on both of the rear fog lights?

:)
Not sure if the cornering lights can get used as foglights.

Rear fogs - not sure if coding would be needed but I seems NA car would need the right rear bumper light(part #95B 945 726 S) from a Euro car and possibly some wiring to get it work. I may attempt to do this once the weather warms up here(currently at -21c with the wind chill)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Not sure if the cornering lights can get used as foglights.

Rear fogs - not sure if coding would be needed but I seems NA car would need the right rear bumper light(part #95B 945 726 S) from a Euro car and possibly some wiring to get it work. I may attempt to do this once the weather warms up here(currently at -21c with the wind chill)
Interesting approach. I definitely need to check more into the rear light assemblies. On my 2021, it appears that the left is for the fog, the right is for the backup light?

601 - 619 of 619 Posts