Porsche Macan Forum banner
581 - 600 of 619 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys

I added an analogue clock to my Macan but the light option is not showing up in the date/time menu.

Need help in X431 coding, don't know where to activate it.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue
53 Posts
Does anyone know if adaptive brake lights can be enable on US/Canadian Macans? Or is this feature already enabled?

If it can be enable what module would this be located?

I have searched and haven't found a conclusive answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Played around with the Launch x431 running 23.90. Things look to be back in order. Some very slight language changes when you're doing the brush/coding stuff, but nothing you can't figure out on your own (from what I saw). Most of the English is still in (the same) English.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I added a couple of items to my main list of items you can code:
  • Cut off your DRL. When your light switch is off, then your DRL's are off. The only time the DRL's will be lit is when your headlights are actually on (the main beams are actually lit). DRL's will NOT be lit, otherwise. May only apply to newer Macans in the US Market.
  • Change the relock time that applies when you unlock your car, but don't open a door. Default in the US market is 30 seconds. Max I could configure was 90 seconds. I assume a value of zero means "do not relock".

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice, DRL being the 4 point LED’s ?

2016 MT
Definitely. By and large, I really like having DRL's. However, when the light switch is off, I want everything OFF. When you're parked outside some business covered with large/tall windows (like a restaurant), and your SO has run inside to pick something up, I hate having my lights shining inside blinding everyone. OFF means OFF.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Did you get a chance to add to @sterod google sheet ?
If I get time, I definitely will. Otherwise, everything is maintained in this post:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was missing the “Macan Turbo” silhouette on the PCM at boot.

I bough the activation code online, and entered it via X431, and done. 2 minutes.
Just confirming this works with X431

2016 MT
Nice!

Can you write up how “using an activation code” works on an x431 (or at least some bullet points?)

PM them to me (or leave them here) and I’ll add them to my overall coding post in this thread.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was missing the “Macan Turbo” silhouette on the PCM at boot.

I bough the activation code online, and entered it via X431, and done. 2 minutes.
Just confirming this works with X431

2016 MT
You had to buy that? IIRC correctly I remember seeing a setting in the cluster programming where you could replace the text with anything you want. I'd have to confirm this on my own Macan next time I plug in the X431.

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Hey @sterod
I do see the option to change logo for MFD in Launch and Piwis.

But not for PCM Boot screen with either device…..I think it is called a feature, and sticks, with no option to change it …..unless you add new activation code.

Check yours , what version are you in for launch ? Mine is not getting pushed the latest 23.90 for some reason.

2016 MT

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Says I have another 2 months ….hmm.
But yeah, it’s fine for the future as is.

2016 MT

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Anyone seen where to lower the “double chirp” arming tone ?

It’s to loud for me….

2016 MT

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
In “Parking Brake”, found an option to apply the PB when the the car is shifted to Park.

See any reason why this would not be beneficial enabled ? I use the PB all the time to protect the PDK from roll back.

2016 MT

·
Registered
181 Posts
In “Parking Brake”, found an option to apply the PB when the the car is shifted to Park.

See any reason why this would not be beneficial enabled ? I use the PB all the time to protect the PDK from roll back.

2016 MT
Conventional wisdom says not to apply the parking brake immediately after hard/sustained braking, such as when coming off a track session. I don't know if that advice would still apply to the electric parking brakes that post-2012 Porsches use.

It'd be awesome if this option exists, and still works on the 95B.2!

581 - 600 of 619 Posts