Porsche Macan Forum banner

401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
So my battery is A-OK, my problem was that I accidentally left the bluetooth dongle connected and it obviously drained the battery 🤦‍♂️ Anyway, all fine after a charge.
The setting under lights was there and disabled, so with great excitement I enabled the option and.... nothing. No difference :rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips Run Buh, I'll try looking at those and as you say, won't just copy verbatim. Thanks too for the warning for the headlight settings, but sorry you took the pain. I was actually looking at those settings as they seemed inclined to be related, so glad I didn't touch them in the end.
Let us know @sierra055, watch don's video...he demostrates how to activate it, by stalk
@Runbuh, did you get as fas as having HBA selectable as an option ? Like sierra055 has ?

·
Registered
505 Posts
@Runbuh, did you get as fas as having HBA selectable as an option ? Like sierra055 has ?
I have PDLS+. There was nothing for me to enable via PIWIS/x431 to make my HBA work. I have it enabled in the MFD (Instrument Cluster) and use it every time I leave/enter my neighborhood at night.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
I see....what were you trying to activate then? You have intersection ligting if you have PDLS+. right ?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Once enabled you need to pull high beam stalk to activate the settings.
Thanks, yes I'm pushing the stalk but it's only turning the high beams on as per normal. If I understand correctly, there should now be an initial setting of automatic high beam indicated by a new headlight with an A in the speedo dial, then pushing the stalk again would manually turn the high beam on.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The option is enabled in the MFD as well, though I note that mine says full beam assist, which seems correct, though I notice @Don16 video shows dynamic full beam

·
Registered
246 Posts
I imagine difference between pre and post Facelift (mine is pre).

Have you enabled to the option on front camera(windscreen one) and headlights?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Also it needs to be dark for you to be able to activate high beam assist via stalk.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
I think don is right......you have some of it "done" now Sierra....burt missing other modules to be enabled....the hunt continues !!
The way in which @Runbuh utilizes HBA, driving, is a must have !!

@Don16, are you a 2016 Turbo with Xenon or LEDS ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think don is right......you have some of it "done" now Sierra....burt missing other modules to be enabled....the hunt continues !!
The way in which @Runbuh utilizes HBA, driving, is a must have !!

@Don16, are you a 2016 Turbo with Xenon or LEDS ?
With xenon

·
Registered
118 Posts
What is the L/R driving option there for ?

Driving overseas maybe ?
Yes, I used it when I drove my right-hand-drive Macan in Europe. It changes the beam pattern to avoid dazzling oncoming drivers when on dipped beam.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I imagine difference between pre and post Facelift (mine is pre).

Have you enabled to the option on front camera(windscreen one) and headlights?

I have LKA, so I assume the camera is already enabled? Is there somewhere I can check to confirm?
Tests were done in closed garage with headlights on auto setting (and they were lit)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Do you get the "Letter A inside a light icon" when you push the stalk forward one time? If you do, then you just need to go drive around. HBA does nothing until you go over 38mph (I think that's the speed).

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
I have LKA, so I assume the camera is already enabled? Is there somewhere I can check to confirm?
Tests were done in closed garage with headlights on auto setting (and they were lit)
The functional LKA camera needs to be associated to the new function.........in the Front Camera section, look maybe for "main beam assist." to activated...."main beam assist urban area detection". to ON

·
Registered
405 Posts
Do you get the "Letter A inside a light icon" when you push the stalk forward one time? If you do, then you just need to go drive around. HBA does nothing until you go over 38mph (I think that's the speed).
No, I don't get that light. That's the one I'm expecting to see. When I push the stalk forward, I get only the blue high beam light in the tacho.

The functional LKA camera needs to be associated to the new function.........in the Front Camera section, look maybe for "main beam assist." to activated...."main beam assist urban area detection". to ON
Great suggestion, I'll take a look and report back.

Thanks guys for the continued suggestions, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
115 Posts
No, I don't get that light. That's the one I'm expecting to see. When I push the stalk forward, I get only the blue high beam light in the tacho.

Great suggestion, I'll take a look and report back.

Thanks guys for the continued suggestions, I really appreciate it!
I do think I pull the stalk toward me once to get this light, not push. If I pull twice I get the normal high beams. Not sure what happens if I push.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ha, yes indeed! With some pointers from @Don16 and @Teddis I now have high beam assist working from X431 Launch!
There were two additional settings under front end electronics and front camera that had to be configured. I want to confirm the setting in front camera was actually necessary as it wasn't until I configured the front end electronics option that it began working, but as soon as I've done that, I'll report back here and update the coding sheet with the required settings.

Thanks again to @Teddis, @Run Buh and @Teddis for the assistance

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ha, yes indeed! With some pointers from @Don16 and @Teddis I now have high beam assist working from X431 Launch!
There were two additional settings under front end electronics and front camera that had to be configured. I want to confirm the setting in front camera was actually necessary as it wasn't until I configured the front end electronics option that it began working, but as soon as I've done that, I'll report back here and update the coding sheet with the required settings.

Thanks again to @Teddis, @Run Buh and @Teddis for the assistance
EXCELLENT!

Could you document here exactly what all you've changed? That way we have an archive to point people to, and someone can go update the Google document.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Wooooot Woooooot, big thanks to our piwis Brother @Don16 for the added correlating information :)
what model and year are you $Sierr035 ? , do you have LEDs or Xenon ?

401 - 420 of 442 Posts