Porsche Macan Forum banner

361 - 380 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I looks as if he is requesting if coding changes can be made with the factory diagnostic tool (or perhaps an aftermarket one such as Durametric). The answer is yes, with the PIWIS II you can do coding changes just like other platforms such as Audi or BMW, in theory you should be able to do it with a Durametric if it is running software compatible with the Macan.

The trick is finding someone with a PIWIS II that is willing to do the changes. On my Macan, I was able to have the air suspension lowered by 40mm on all four corners by recoding the control module and there are many other changes that you can do too.
I know this thread is old but would love to hear how the ride changed after you lowered the car by 40mm.

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
This is not really a lowering thread....there are better ones to ask that questions maybe.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is not really a lowering thread....there are better ones to ask that questions maybe.....
Perhaps, but I wasn't asking about lowering in general, I was asking about one specific members's experience with a mod he spoke about in the thread. I'll also seek out the right forum. Thx.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Perhaps, but I wasn't asking about lowering in general, I was asking about one specific members's experience with a mod he spoke about in the thread. I'll also seek out the right forum. Thx.
I'm not sure you're going to get a reply either way:

Cheshi143
Registered
Joined May 13, 2015
Last seen Dec 22, 2016

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Search on the below maybe for lowering discussions;

CETE Bluetooth (I am in that one ;) )
Cargraphics
Lowering Links

·
Registered
505 Posts
Search on the below maybe for lowering discussions;

CETE Bluetooth (I am in that one ;) )
Cargraphics
Lowering Links
Just a couple more (I had already found them by the time I read @Teddis post, but I'm still gonna post these:

·
Registered
405 Posts
How did sierra 055 make out with HBA ?
So unfortunately no luck with those settings. All the settings below were originally set to off and deactivated (in the case of the final setting). All were changed to on/activated and coded successfully. Unfortunately I still don't have the auto high beam light when turning my high beams on, just the usual blue light.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So unfortunately no luck with those settings. All the settings below were originally set to off and deactivated (in the case of the final setting). All were changed to on/activated and coded successfully. Unfortunately I still don't have the auto high beam light when turning my high beams on, just the usual blue light.
Don't despair (yet) - you might have left out a step. Once you have enabled the "feature" (like you hopefully did with the settings you changed), you actually have to enable the option in the instrument panel. I think it's under Settings -> Lights and Visibility -> Exterior Lighting (this is done using your steering wheel, not the x431).

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Don't despair (yet) - you might have left out a step. Once you have enabled the "feature" (like you hopefully did with the settings you changed), you actually have to enable the option in the instrument panel. I think it's under Settings -> Lights and Visibility -> Exterior Lighting (this is done using your steering wheel, not the x431).
Same as the “Mirror Retract” option. One would assume nothing happened after recoding, but what the coding does is adding the option, so that you are able to select or unselect. You then need to go and select (check) the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
Lets hope thats it!.....
There could of course be other coding required. We really need someone who has a piwis, who could follow Don's excellent video, and correlate those changes to X431.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lets hope thats it!.....
There could of course be other coding required. We really need someone who has a piwis, who could follow Don's excellent video, and correlate those changes to X431.
The problem is that a "one item change" in PIWIS actually changes a bunch of things without telling you all of the settings it changed. There's no practical way to look for changes in the x431. It would be nice if the x431 had a "snapshot" feature, combined with a "diff" feature, so you could compare before and after snapshots to see what changed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I see...I guess it trial and error then :)
Well, I am supposed to be talking to a PIWIS geek tomorrow (hired gun). Perhaps he knows if the PIWIS drops a log file (or can be configured to drop a log file) of what changed.

He may also know what to change to make HBA work, anyways. We'll see.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sounds Juicy Run Buh ! have fun :)
He says he can enable Wireless CarPlay on my wife's Cayenne (2019 Cayenne's only came with wired CarPlay but supposedly can actually do wireless). We'll see. While I have him, I'll be pelting him with a few questions.

·
Registered
505 Posts
intersection light can be coded individually, I added it in my first Macan (which did have PDLS w/o „+“).
I also added the auto high beam.

If you have PDLS+, intersection light is already active..
What coding did you do to enable the HBA? Some folks here are trying to figure that out.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately when I went out just now to try it, my battery is dead as a doornail 😖😭
Guess who ignored the suggestion to plug a charger in the car while coding. CTEK is on it now, so hopefully all is well in the morning and I can enable the setting.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately when I went out just now to try it, my battery is dead as a doornail
Guess who ignored the suggestion to plug a charger in the car while coding. CTEK is on it now, so hopefully all is well in the morning and I can enable the setting.
Oops. Strange usually the car automatically cuts off when it detects battery voltage is low. Maybe time for a new battery

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 442 Posts