Porsche Macan Forum banner
241 - 260 of 678 Posts

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
A is for high beam Assit which can be toggled on and off. This has nothing to do with intersection lights which is always ready when the headlights come on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
@Teddis - the A means you've enabled high-beam assist, which is also known as automatic high-beams. That's part of the functionality of PDLS+, and I believe, the main parts you're looking for? :)

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
By the way, here's the PDLS/PDLS+ wording for the 2021 Macan from the Porsche UK site:

Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) with automatic and dynamic range adjustment.
Dynamic cornering lights: main headlights that automatically swivel towards the inside of a bend, depending on the steering angle and speed. The static cornering light activates the auxiliary headlights to widen the illumination of tight bends, e.g. at turns. The speed-sensitive headlight range control logic adjusts the range and aperture contour of the dipped beams at higher speeds (e.g. on the motorway) to illuminate the road even further ahead. The adverse weather function is able to dim the upper light cone in order to reduce the effect of reflection phenomena in poor visibility conditions (e.g. fog) and thus the risk of the driver being dazzled.

PDLS Plus also has a dynamic main beam control with continuous range adaptation based on prevailing traffic and navigation-based Intersection Assistant that activates the left and right static cornering lights for improved illumination of the surrounding area at intersections and junctions

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Anyone find the coding for the high Beam Assist? Is there any hardware required for this, or is it just coding activation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I enabled the interSection byte 4 successfully, no real world test yet as I am winter parked up.

Pushing the stalk forward turns on regular hi beams , but as expected, a subsequent push does not enable HBA, as expected ....think we need a change for this ?

Also added the signal to 4 flashes.

I see a “back up” code selection .....is that just for the sub section you are in ? Or a juicy whole back up ;) ?

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I enabled the interSection byte 4 successfully, no real world test yet as I am winter parked up.

Pushing the stalk forward turns on regular hi beams , but as expected, a subsequent push does not enable HBA, as expected ....think we need a change for this ?

Also added the signal to 4 flashes.

I see a “back up” code selection .....is that just for the sub section you are in ? Or a juicy whole back up ;) ?
If you have HBA, it’s the first push of the stalk (at least, on my Macan).

Read about back up code options on the Launch via the rennlist 958 coding thread. I think the executive summary is “it doesn’t work on Porsche’s”,

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Okay Run Buh, thanks, HBA is not as important as Intersection lighting for me.....which I think is now enabled.

Will check on the back up thread, cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
@Santrix, did you end up leaving the Speedo illum. on all the time ? How’s that working for you ? and all the DRL’s ;)..........may flip it on......... thx

I’m not sure which of the coding options did this, it must had been one of the DRL options, but now my instrument cluster is lighted, even when the headlights are off. This is really a nice feature, as it is difficult to see the instruments during the day when there is shade.

View attachment 239906

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
@Santrix, did you end up leaving the Speedo illum. on all the time ? How’s that working for you ? and all the DRL’s ;)..........may flip it on......... thx
I used it for about a week, then turned it off again. I may turn it on again in the future. It doesn’t look bad with it on, I just can’t decide. Side markers are still the issue for me.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I used it for about a week, then turned it off again. I may turn it on again in the future. It doesn’t look bad with it on, I just can’t decide. Side markers are still the issue for me.
If you folks ever figure out how to keep the dash lit all the time the engine's on -- with the headlights in Auto, and with nothing else, e.g., marker lights, changed from stock -- please PM or something. I don't know whether it's possible, but if it is, I have every confidence in your sleuthing ability.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Was poking around tonight un-doing some settings that did nothing on my car (headlight crap), and found the following that might be of interest for turning on the instrument dials. Since I have white dials, I was interested to see what these settings were. I have listed my car's values below. Seems like you could force the cluster to believe it has the white dials (both of the "NE" settings below), then monkey with the thresholds to keep the lights on???

Instrument Cluster:
Dimming-general configuration-Configuration-Central dial white: NE
Dimming-general configuration-Configuration-All dials white: NE
Dimming-general configuration-Switch-off threshold for white dials: 300.00 lx
Dimming-general configuration-Switch-on threshold for white dials: 250.00 lx
Did this ever work to keep the dials on all the time?

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Continuing to correlate from Don's excellent piwis video to Launch. It looks like PIWIS rounded up 4 areas for changes:
1) FRONTKAMERA_0005
2) Kombiinstument_Gen2_A2.2
3) SCHEINWERFER_3
4) BCM vorne E2 MAX GT4

Roughly translated would you agree we have the following:

1) Front Camera
2) Intrument Cluster
3) Headlights
4) Body Control Module FRONT

The one change known for intersection lighting below is maybe #3 above.????????? ...on the hunt for others.....
  • Intersection lighting (I have PDLS+)
    • Headlight: Coding-Byte 4-Intersection Light. Set to Active.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I was hoping someone else could test that. Given that my dials are white, it’s sorta hard to tell and not necessary.
Got it... OK. I’ll try on mine maybe tomorrow or later tonight. Assuming then that because your dials are white, there are “ON” all the time? I guess that’s what you are saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ON, DURING DAYLIGHT!!!

@Run Buh, your theory on white dials worked (it seems white dials need this backlight turned on all the time). I was able to successfully turn on the instrument dials during daylight operation, following your suggestions... without having to turn on any exterior lights... fantastic finding!

The two key codes you need to modify are:

(1) Kombinstrument: Dimmung - allegemeine Konfiguration: Konfiguration zentrales Zifferblatt Weiss = ja {Instrument cluster: dimming - general configuration: configuration central dial white = yes}

This one turns the central RPM dial on... This is a pre-requisite to turn on the speedometer dial. This means that you could opt to turn on the RPM dial only, or the RPM and Speedometer.

(2) Kombinstrument: Dimmung - allgemeine Konfiguration: Konfiguration alle Zifferblatter Weiss = ja {Instrument cluster: dimming - general configuration: configuration of all dials white = yes}

This one turns the speedometer dial (but you need to turn the RPM dial on first).

Only the dials turn on, not the red indicator, which is fine. Also, no need to tinker with the dimming values...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Outside test (headlights in auto - off at this point... sunny).

Car Off:

Car On:

Inside garage:

headlights off (you can see the red indicators off)...

headlights on (you can see the red indicators on, with green headlight indicator)...

it looks fantastic now...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
BoooooM !!!! now to find this in LAUNCH
Way to go Run buh and SANTRIX !!!
Yeah, way to go folks.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a Luddite or something -- okay, I don't really care how I sound -- but is this (these steps, these internal function names, etc.) something that I can show to my local P-car dealership, and pay them to do this for me? Or does this require my buying (or somehow borrowing) a special device, one they won't have, to hook up to the car and do this myself?

Put another way, I've been following this thread, but I don't have any prior knowledge of any of the equipment or procedures (although I was a computer software geek in a prior life). For instance, I wouldn't know a "Launch" from a "Lunch."

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Yeah, way to go folks.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a Luddite or something -- okay, I don't really care how I sound -- but is this (these steps, these internal function names, etc.) something that I can show to my local P-car dealership, and pay them to do this for me? Or does this require my buying (or somehow borrowing) a special device, one they won't have, to hook up to the car and do this myself?

Put another way, I've been following this thread, but I don't have any prior knowledge of any of the equipment or procedures (although I was a computer software geek in a prior life). For instance, I wouldn't know a "Launch" from a "Lunch."
@wspollack, I performed this change using a PIWIS II. I think anyone with access to PIWIS could do this, maybe including dealers (but not sure about dealer’s policies on this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 678 Posts