Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be just a speculation. I read about it in the comments of

Suzanne Feyens said:
I like the car a lot. I've seen it in person at the L.A. Auto Show this week. The only thing I don't get is why Porsche doesn't offer all the options right at the start. Sport exhaust, PDCC, the Sapphire blue color,several interior options, etc. are only available from october 2014! This is a major disappointment, since I was in the market for one to replace my Q5 business car. Now I will probably go back to another Audi.
Missed oppertunity for Porsche IMHO...

·
Registered
972 Posts
Gotta love commenters like that. Oh this car could have been super awesome, but now it's only kinda awesome, so I'm going to a different brand entirely! Everyone, look at me, I'm turning my back on this brand! *flare*

No PDCC for the Macan.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I thought that that was the purpose of having air suspension and/or PASM.. i.e. to stiffen the suspension on inside wheels during cornering in order to reduce body lean...
It is one of the selling points of AS but it is hardly the only purpose.

Standard: steel springs
Add PASM: more control over comfort/performance
Change steels to AS: allow PASM to work over a broader range of comfort/performance
Add PDCC to AS: allow AS to do tricks like level cornering

There are many levels of upgrades. Just because we miss out on PDCC doesn't mean the AS is useless.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Gotta love commenters like that. Oh this car could have been super awesome, but now it's only kinda awesome, so I'm going to a different brand entirely! Everyone, look at me, I'm turning my back on this brand! *flare*

No PDCC for the Macan.
Exactly, now he's going back to an Audi, which doesn't have any of the things he mentioned either.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Its been discussed on this forum that when you see a date like 10\2014 the 10 references week 10 of 52 not October... Have fun with your Audi ;-)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, regarding that, I don't think it makes sense. Because 4/2014 and 10/2014 are very close together if they are week numbers and both dates are before the first cars even ship. Makes much more sense that it's April and October. But on the other hand, the ship date my dealer gave me was a week number, so who knows...

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Porsche is probably not offering a PDCC option on Macan since its not as top heavy gas the Cayenne and they probably figured that Macan didn't need the additional off road articulation it provides.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, it turns out it's just speculation that it will be available - no source could be provided:

I'm not 100% sure about the PDCC yet. Nothing announced by Porsche so far. There are a lot of rumors, but untill it is confirmed we really know not much...
There will be new options available at week 10/2014 (not month 10). The options that are 100% sure are:
- Sapphire blue metallic and Impulse red metallic exterior colors
- Black/Tan and Agate/Pebble grey interiors
- Sport exhaust tips in black and silver (tips only, no complete system)

I guess that some interior leather options will become avbailable too (like Cayenne), but there';s no confirmation yet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just wait and see. Can't even find any resources from the NetCarShow or anything for PDCC on Macan.

If air suspension is a must, means initial cost involvement to get air suspension and regular car service is a MUST to prevent more cost involvement of repairing it.:(

·
Registered
972 Posts
Are we all buying Audi's then ? I'll lose my deposit. . .
Who cares about your deposit?? Suzanne Feyens isn't getting one, we all need to forfeit our deposits :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do we need PDCC? Anyone any thoughts on this?

Macan (any models) got

PTM
Porsche Traction Management

Active all-wheel drive with electronically regulated map-controlled multi-plate clutch

PSM
Porsche Stability Management

Driving stability control
Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
Brake system prefilling
Brake booster
Automatic brake differential (ABD)
Anti-slip regulation (ASR)
Engine drag torque control (MSR)
Trailer

PASM
Porsche Active Suspension Management

Shock absorber system with adaptive, continuous shock absorber control

We got options on

Air suspension
with levelling system and height adjustment

Full load-bearing air-spring struts with integrated shock absorbers
Air supply system with pressure accumulator

And

PTV Plus
Porsche Torque Vectoring

Lateral dynamic braking for sportier and more agile cornering
Electronically controlled rear differential lock

Will one of those options can be replaced of PDCC?

·
Registered
972 Posts
PTM
PSM
PASM
Air suspension
PTV Plus

Will one of those options can be replaced of PDCC?
PTM and PSM are the standard safety/traction features found on every new car. PASM is adjustable dampers found on many sports cars and PTV+ has been done on many cars before too.

Air suspension is really the only 'special' one here, and is a prerequisite for PDCC but everything (including PDCC) adds features, nothing has to be replaced or sacrificed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
PTM and PSM are the standard safety/traction features found on every new car. PASM is adjustable dampers found on many sports cars and PTV+ has been done on many cars before too.

Air suspension is really the only 'special' one here, and is a prerequisite for PDCC but everything (including PDCC) adds features, nothing has to be replaced or sacrificed.
Question.
When do we need PTV+ for daily drive?
If PDCC available as option, which are more important? Air suspension? PDCC? PTV+? I am not good on this. Sorry I just drive. No wonder there are more buttons than any cars. But I still love Macan. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.