Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Macan owners been given any info about the new Porsche Connect App for MY17 Macans with Connect Plus?

I understand from the below article the technology is going to be available for MY 18 cars but was wondering what is available for MY 17 cars. At the time of ordering, I was told I should add Connect Plus for future technology updates.

I called my dealership on Wednesday and was told they didn't anything about it but would find out and call me back.

I thought I'd ask the question here as I haven't heard back from them yet.

See link below:
2018 Porsche range: More power and new kit for 911 S, price hikes across most Porsche lines

·
Registered
28 Posts
I emailed my SA late last week and have received an inconclusive response. He's going to check whether they can retrofit a SIM (presumably in or near the extra SD card slot). I recall being told something similar to you at the time of ordering. Connect Plus without the new functionality is pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed my SA late last week and have received an inconclusive response. He's going to check whether they can retrofit a SIM (presumably in or near the extra SD card slot). I recall being told something similar to you at the time of ordering. Connect Plus without the new functionality is pretty disappointing.
All MY17 models came standard with Apple CarPlay.

Do any Australian MY17 owners enjoy Apple CarPlay functionality without having purchased the Connect Plus option?

An alternate question for Australian owners - are there any additional features beside CarPlay when ordering Connect Plus?

I do know in other markets around the world Connect Plus offfers features in addition to CarPlay.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Having used the configuration online a few months back, I specked my soon to be here GTS and I included Porsche Connect Plus on my car....now, since it no longer builds MY 2017 cars, it asks if you want to transfer your build to a MY 2018...and then it says Porsche Connect Plus is no longer available...anyone have information about this and perhaps a reason why?

·
Registered
124 Posts
All MY17 models came standard with Apple CarPlay.

Do any Australian MY17 owners enjoy Apple CarPlay functionality without having purchased the Connect Plus option?

An alternate question for Australian owners - are there any additional features beside CarPlay when ordering Connect Plus?

I do know in other markets around the world Connect Plus offfers features in addition to CarPlay.
I do not have Apple Car Play in my MY 17, the preparation is probably there but you need the connect plus BS to go with it, when I went over the connect plus it just seemed to be too cumbersome for me, you always needed to have the phone plugged in for apple play, and I wanted it to be wireless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum and not sure how to post a new enquiry. I was wondering if anyone can assist me. I have just picked up my new Macan Turbo 2020 and I am struggling to get the Porsche Connect app on iphone to connect to the car remotely. My car displays but for some reason i cant access the vehicle and manage things like central locking, air conditioning ETC. I have paired the app with the PCM in the car using the pairing code, I have checked online through my porsche login to ensure everything is correct but the app still wont connect . Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum and not sure how to post a new enquiry. I was wondering if anyone can assist me. I have just picked up my new Macan Turbo 2020 and I am struggling to get the Porsche Connect app on iphone to connect to the car remotely. My car displays but for some reason i cant access the vehicle and manage things like central locking, air conditioning ETC. I have paired the app with the PCM in the car using the pairing code, I have checked online through my porsche login to ensure everything is correct but the app still wont connect . Any help would be much appreciated
I don't have Connect (or Nav, or ApplePlay) on my '18 Macan S, but I have been reading this forum for three years now. It seems (from my reading) that setting up Connect, and also keeping it working, is fraught with difficulty, certainly in the US, and it wouldn't surprise me if similar quirks are to be found Down Under, as well.

Such quirks involved SIM cards, license entries, dealership work, subscription contacting, and so forth.

What you want to do is enter something such as Porsche Connect App in the Search Community box up top, and start reading through the many existing threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't have Connect (or Nav, or ApplePlay) on my '18 Macan S, but I have been reading this forum for three years now. It seems (from my reading) that setting up Connect, and also keeping it working, is fraught with difficulty, certainly in the US, and it wouldn't surprise me if similar quirks are to be found Down Under, as well.

Such quirks involved SIM cards, license entries, dealership work, subscription contacting, and so forth.

What you want to do is enter something such as Porsche Connect App in the Search Community box up top, and start reading through the many existing threads.
Thanks, yes it has me baffled because coming from BMW where remote services via app were a breeze the Porsche connect services dont make sense. I have tried searching forums, internet and have contacted the dealer but not getting any love anyhwere.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Unfortunately the list of things you can do remotely is limited compared to the current generation 992's, Cayennes, and Panameras. I suspect that it's because the Macan is a refresh of a model that had the electronics designed in 2014 but with a new PCM screen grafted on top for the refresh.

That said, there are two programs / phone apps for the Macan

1. Porsche connect. The dealer sets up a pairing code, and you can upload NAV destinations from the app on the phone to the car's NAV system

2. Porsche Car connect. This is an app made by Vodaphone. Sign up on the webpage, get a code. Take that to the dealer service department because a Porsche service computer is needed to upload this code to the system. Once this is done, you can fold your mirrors, beep the horn, or flash the lights via the phone app.

This is all in the USA. I see that your location is Australia so the features may be a little different but don't expect miracles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I hope the App does more than it does in the USA. I have it but confess I find zero usefulness. You can lock, but not unlock the doors. Cute app that borders on worthless.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Unfortunately here in Australia it seems we don't get any car enabled features in the app, like air conditioning, location etc. Only the ability to upload NAV destinations and link to Amazon Music if you have a subscription

·
Registered
117 Posts
The whole App ecosystem they have is incredibly frustrating. I just re-upped my subscription for "Connect" which was 200 dollars, and I thought I was good to go, only to get a call and see that I lost internet radio, traffic data, weather, and etc. Turns out I also needed to re-up "Car Connect" to continue to have those services. I really wish they would just get one app and let you pick your services.

On another note, the ability to send a destination to the car's nav before going on your trip rarely works quickly enough for it to be of any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
On another note, the ability to send a destination to the car's nav before going on your trip rarely works quickly enough for it to be of any help.
Oh good! I was terribly unimpressed with this feature, having experienced exactly the same. In a weird way, glad to hear that it's not just me :ROFLMAO:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts