Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

New to the Porsche realm. Just about to order my own Macan Turbo. Coming from the BMW world, I was able to code my cars for features and functionality?

Is this possible in the Porsche realm?

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi Guys

New to the Porsche realm. Just about to order my own Macan Turbo. Coming from the BMW world, I was able to code my cars for features and functionality?

Thanks!
Tim
Reading some of the answers I think they did not understood the question.

I know what you mean: Coding as in connecting your laptop to the ODBII port and running E-Sys... I've done that extensively to my former BMW's, but never to my previous Porsche's.

When I get my Macan GTS next month I will research more about it to see what can be done to it :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, coding is possible. You will need a PIWIS-II.

I have a used a Durametric cable and it is rather useless. There has not been much in the way of research. I may buy a PIWIS-II to play around with it.

I was able to have an independent shop lower my Macan by recalibrating the air suspension settings with their PIWIS. There is not much that I really feel I need to do with the Macan except turn of the pesky nav warning screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading some of the answers I think they did not understood the question.

I know what you mean: Coding as in connecting your laptop to the ODBII port and running E-Sys... I've done that extensively to my former BMW's, but never to my previous Porsche's.

When I get my Macan GTS next month I will research more about it to see what can be done to it :D

Cheers!
haha exactly. e-sys.. gimme euro options!!! brighter leds.. colder air con seats. load up a dinan map. things like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, coding is possible. You will need a PIWIS-II.

I have a used a Durametric cable and it is rather useless. There has not been much in the way of research. I may buy a PIWIS-II to play around with it.

I was able to have an independent shop lower my Macan by recalibrating the air suspension settings with their PIWIS. There is not much that I really feel I need to do with the Macan except turn of the pesky nav warning screen.

ahh i'll have to dig around for this PIWIS-II is there a coding forum that talks about this stuff for porsche?

·
Registered
488 Posts
ahh i'll have to dig around for this PIWIS-II is there a coding forum that talks about this stuff for porsche?
Not much information available for the Macan.

There are some aftermarket PIWIS-II testers being sold, but when you look up the details, they all say that they do not have the current version that supports the Macan.

I have read that there is now the most current version of software available (v16.200) however I do not know if it is against forum rules to provide a link.

·
Super Moderator
8,930 Posts
Ask your questions on renntech.org. But the short answer is, you need to spend $18K to lease PIWIS for a year and be an independent shop. The renntech guys might know more.

Bottom line - PAG does not want you touching anything. This isn't BMW.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks!
Tim
Hey Tim,

Like you, I'm coming out of the BMW world. And by coming out, I mean I've retired my M3 to weekend duty and now daily my Macan. I'm still very much in it. :D

You will quickly find that we aren't in the same place as ... say ... a forum named something like bimmers and post.

That said, there is some useful information on here and Rennlist. The unfortunate reality is that aside from tunes, we don't have many tweaks or coding options available to us. If you find out how to do this, shoot me a PM as coding my M3 was the best $60 I spent.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bummer about Porsche Coding. I've coded dozens of BMW's in past and found it to be indispensable. All it does is enable/disable functionality for other markets with the ability to add/remove modules.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a new Macan owner from a bimmer and trying to see if it is doable to code a 2020 Macan to activate the following functions.

1. use key fod to open and close windows and roof
2. use key fod to close tailgate
3. video in motion

I coded my previous BMW to activate these functions which I think are quite useful. I see Macan could be coded by tools like Launch x431 serious, just want to make sure these functions are available to be activated on a Macan by simple coding without aftermarket plug-in modules.

And it is kinda a costly investment on Launch x431 serious equipment just for one time coding, looking for buying a coding service, anyone has any idea about the coding costs?

I am also interested in remote start through smart phone retrofit, also would like to check the costs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm not a salesman for them, but Niche Technologies has a MACAN control module (~$500) that does all you mention EXCEPT remote start. Looks like a pretty nice product. I plan to install one on my 2021 GTS when I get it early November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not a salesman for them, but Niche Technologies has a MACAN control module (~$500) that does all you mention EXCEPT remote start. Looks like a pretty nice product. I plan to install one on my 2021 GTS when I get it early November.
That module is $429 now. I have ordered the similar module from China at $100 including shipping. I also ordered a module to active the video in motion function. Waiting for the delivery now, will see.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I already did my homework on that thread, it didn't mention the 3 functions I want could be coded.
Post #48 - Comfort Closing of Rear Lid in the Launch interface for the Cayenne. Might work for the Macan.

·
Registered
306 Posts
That module is $429 now. I have ordered the similar module from China at $100 including shipping. I also ordered a module to active the video in motion function. Waiting for the delivery now, will see.
How about sharing that China info?

·
Registered
4 Posts
How about sharing that China info?
I am willing to, but you have to speak Chinese and be able to pay Chinese yuan (Chinese currency). Aftermarket auto retrofit business in China is a booming and mature market, you can see tons of fancy stuffs with **** good price due to strong completion. I am very interested in the remote start and control by smart phone retrofit, they have a plug-in module and smart phone app for 19-20 Macan, but having concerns of voiding the warranty......

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, thanks for the info. I suspect the reliability of the Niche unit insofar as having someone to ask questions of is certainly worth something. Compared to Porsche option prices, $429 seems quite reasonable. My plan is to order one when I take delivery in early November and use it to check out the independent Porsche Service shop I have zeroed in on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts