Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Anyone know what Macan car service charges will be? Anyone own Cayenne petrol?

1st year - free?
2nd year
3rd year
4th year
5th year

Tyre replacement cost
19''
20''
21''

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I think cost is largely dependent on market, but on the petrol versions, the service intervals are every 10k miles.

Oil Change every 10k miles
Minor Service at 20k, 60k, 100k, 140k
Major Service at 40k, 80k, 120k, 160k

I've been to the dealership for my 10k, 20k, and just recently, 30k service. Oil changes are $270. I skipped the 20k minor service as per the service manual, it's all inspections. I changed out my particle filter at 20k ($40 part) on my own and paid the dealer to perform the brake flush, which was $180. Nothing else has been needed yet on my 958. Brakes and tires will be next, but I still have more life on both and def not using the to the dealership for either.

I have 19" AS tires on my Cayenne, and they've held up well at 28k miles thus far.

I attached the service manual as an fyi. Hope this helps! Edit: I can't attach the service manual due to size, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think cost is largely dependent on market, but on the petrol versions, the service intervals are every 10k miles.

Oil Change every 10k miles
Minor Service at 20k, 60k, 100k, 140k
Major Service at 40k, 80k, 120k, 160k

I've been to the dealership for my 10k, 20k, and just recently, 30k service. Oil changes are $270. I skipped the 20k minor service as per the service manual, it's all inspections. I changed out my particle filter at 20k ($40 part) on my own and paid the dealer to perform the brake flush, which was $180. Nothing else has been needed yet on my 958. Brakes and tires will be next, but I still have more life on both and def not using the to the dealership for either.

I have 19" AS tires on my Cayenne, and they've held up well at 28k miles thus far.

I attached the service manual as an fyi. Hope this helps! Edit: I can't attach the service manual due to size, send me a PM and I'll email it to you.
Thanks for the info. above all information for Australia pricing?

Good input. :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is a good thread. I found (need to find it again) a pdf of the service schedule for all Porsche's including the Cayenne. It looked to me like most services consisted of changing the oil and filter, air filter, and maybe cabin filters. The rest of the stuff pretty much consisted of inspecting rubber boots, etc. I have a mechanic who I've used for years and years, who's into German cars, and he will do my regular maintenances. Big major ones that involve replacing timing belt or similar I'll have done at the Porsche dealer.

Anyway, that's the plan at this point. But, I intend to find the service specs on the Macan once it's out and finalize for sure.

Gordon

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a good thread. I found (need to find it again) a pdf of the service schedule for all Porsche's including the Cayenne. It looked to me like most services consisted of changing the oil and filter, air filter, and maybe cabin filters. The rest of the stuff pretty much consisted of inspecting rubber boots, etc. I have a mechanic who I've used for years and years, who's into German cars, and he will do my regular maintenances. Big major ones that involve replacing timing belt or similar I'll have done at the Porsche dealer.

Anyway, that's the plan at this point. But, I intend to find the service specs on the Macan once it's out and finalize for sure.

Gordon
Thanks Gordon. Thanks for the infos and appreciated that you could upload to the forum for service and the independent professional mechanic for your cayenne or email me at [email protected]

I have did give the dealership a call just now, it's $695 include oil changes, reset computer system, under body check, topping of fluids, check tyre pressure and this will also included with road side assist.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Intervals for service should not only be done by mileage, but also by time. This is critical for resale value, as people buying a used Porsche want to see services completed on time, not just on mileage. This probably won't apply to the Macan as much as it does to the sports cars, as the Macans should actually be driven vs. people treating their sports cars like glass eggs...

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Intervals for service should not only be done by mileage, but also by time. This is critical for resale value, as people buying a used Porsche want to see services completed on time, not just on mileage. This probably won't apply to the Macan as much as it does to the sports cars, as the Macans should actually be driven vs. people treating their sports cars like glass eggs...
I never understood why people pay for a depreciating asset and not use it....I drove my M3 to **** and back. Redline never sounded so good.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I never understood why people pay for a depreciating asset and not use it....I drove my M3 to **** and back. Redline never sounded so good.
I purchased my '06 Cayman in November of 2012, and the car had 11,7xx miles on it. 'Thank you' to the two previous owners who let me buy a cherry car for half the original msrp. ;)

It's something that frustrates the Porsche factory people to no end. I overheard an engineer during the 991 reveal at Rennsport IV ask "Vat does it take to have zee Americans drive zeir Porsches!?"

·
Registered
912 Posts
Since there is no dip stick can you do oil changes on your own?
Yes, fill by volume. There is still an easily accessible oil fill cap.

·
Super Moderator
11,577 Posts
Yes but it's really hard to see how much you put in. The car has an e-dipstick the measures for you from inside the car, that requires the car to be at operating temp before it can give you a reading.
Here is an example of how someone is a sports car changed their oil. The parts kits can be bought online. Here is one example. Of course Mobil One can be bought anywhere.

Since the Macan's engine is in the front, it should be much easier than in that example. Once you see how the e dipstick works, you get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Here is an example of how someone is a sports car changed their oil. The parts kits can be bought online. Here is one example. Of course Mobil One can be bought anywhere.

Since the Macan's engine is in the front, it should be much easier than in that example. Once you see how the e dipstick works, you get used to it.
Never said it can't be done. The e-dipstick is just a royal pain. Having to wait for the oil to get up to temp to get a reading. It's time consuming.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.