Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couldn’t find anything specific via search on the following two topics, so i’m hoping the braintrust here can assist.

has anyone else experienced a popping noise from the sunroof, typically when riding across an uneven surface? it often occurs when pulling out of my driveway and turning, which causes each tire to travel over the gutter independently. it sounds like the roof frame is torquing and the sunroof is slightly popping out and back into place to accommodate the flex.

also, i’ve had all four door handles replaced twice due to cracks. the dealer SA insists porsche designed an entirely new handle to prevent it from recurring but i’m skeptical, as the cracks look exactly the same. also wondering if this is a potential lemon law issue, once a separate dealer has the opportunity to rectify. i definitely don’t want to go this route but when the vehicle is out of warranty, i’m certain this would be a pricey repair.

thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
YIKES sorry you are having troubles with both your sunroof and your door handles!

Here is a link to a thread that people have talked about their door handles getting cracks in them

I haven't read through this thread in a while but I don't think others have had them already replaced a couple of times. Hopefully the new and improved handles will do the trick.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I sometimes hear my sunroof little pop when a king out of my driveway onto the street. I think it’s normal flex.

Can you post pictures of your cracked handles.

I haven’t see any cracks on mine. Maybe I’m not looking at the right spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YIKES sorry you are having troubles with both your sunroof and your door handles!

Here is a link to a thread that people have talked about their door handles getting cracks in them

I haven't read through this thread in a while but I don't think others have had them already replaced a couple of times. Hopefully the new and improved handles will do the trick.
thanks for the prompt reply and link, jb.

i have read the “crack in door handle” thread, but posted my request here for the exact reason you stated (i didn’t recall anyone in the thread who had their handles replaced more than once). unfortunately, my macan already has the alleged “newly designed” handles, which are now cracked.

other than these issues (if the sunroof is indeed an actual issue), the macan has been phenomenal. it’s been so good, it nicely salves the pain of letting my 911 go. in fact, it’s one of the best vehicles i’ve ever owned.

thanks again, jb!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sometimes hear my sunroof little pop when a king out of my driveway onto the street. I think it’s normal flex.

Can you post pictures of your cracked handles.

I haven’t see any cracks on mine. Maybe I’m not looking at the right spot

ht, it wouldn’t surprise me if the popping is normal. just thought i’d check with other macan owners and find out if it’s a prevalent, and possibly normal, occurrence.

i couldn’t find pics of my handles, but i did find a pic from a macan loaner i once drove. i snapped it and sent it to my SA the first time my macan was in for the original cracked handles (in case porsche attempted to fight the repair, i was making the point to the SA that the issue might be more prevalent than he realized, as the loaner they gave me also had cracked handles).

when the cracks begin, they are very slight and look like scratches. however, once they start, they only continue to worsen with time. if you see something on your handles that looks like a scratch, it’s probably a crack in its early stages. also, every crack i’ve ever seen across several macans (mine, two loaners, and a friend’s macan) is in the shape of a curve. see pic below.

thanks again, ht!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is at the dealer now for the sunroof creaking/popping noises. Also, my a/c condensation line isn’t draining. I’ll post when I get it back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My sunroof makes the same noise, also usually backing out of our driveway and turning. Let us know if the dealer provides a fix.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Mine pops and previous Macans also popped . I am not that bothered by it . I have not had door handle issues .

·
Registered
53 Posts
The sunroof noise that occurs while turning into the driveway, etc doesn't bother me nearly as much as the rattling that happens when driving with the sunroof in the tilted position, which I like a lot for ventilation (and let's in more exhaust noise😄)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for the handle pix. I don’t have these cracks yet. Fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
I heard this sun roof popping for the first time today!
Exiting my driveway, low speed, down incline into a right turn.

I am follwomg this closely now as well.
thx.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine pops too. Always first turn out of the driveway then never again the rest of the drive. Just stretching I think, gotta wake up ya know?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Picked my car up today and the creaking/popping sunroof issue seems to be mostly resolved. Still rattled on bigger bumps when in the tilted position but no noise at all turning in and out of my driveway. BTW, noises and rattles are NOT covered by the CPO warranty, only the new car bumper to bumper warranty, however my dealer, Porsche Austin, worked on it as a goodwill gesture. Sunroof mounting bolts were torqued and everything lubed.
As a bonus I got a new transfer case as well! I think I noticed very slight shudder/lurching under acceleration but their test drive confirmed it.
Also recall WLAO 66 000 1 (DME reprogram) was performed. I forgot to ask what that addresses

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for this update. Let us know if the sunroof pop returns. I was leaning towards letting it go since it seemed common but if there is an easy fix might as well get it done while I still have my new car warranty.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S in Sapphire Blue, 2014 Panamera 4S in Dark Blue Metallic
6 Posts
I've had my big sunroof rubber lubed a few times in the going on 4 years I've had my Macan... it's a function of the flex and massive piece of glass on my end at least. Comes and goes with the temperature change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts