Votes: 66 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 138 67.6%

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Sure ... if it's got a flat 6 naturally aspirated 3.0L with an additional electric motor to look after torque :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
No, I need my personal car to have longer range than an EV car. Perhaps when the infrastructure is built up.

But I may replace our beater car with another, cheaper EV car. EV cars are now, ideal mode of transportation for commuting. Interestingly, all the "cheaper" EV cars like the Niro or Leaf are now close in price to a stripped down Model 3.
I read a car article that said the new extended range Leaf is a better "buy" than a Model 3

·
Registered
108 Posts
I read a car article that said the new extended range Leaf is a better "buy" than a Model 3
Your kidding right? Other than being much uglier at least it’s slower, has less range, no supercharger network, less tech and costs more.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Your kidding right? Other than being much uglier at least it’s slower, has less range, no supercharger network, less tech and costs more.
Most of these car articles have an agenda, and apparently the one that @Sgparnes read was trying to push Leaf.?‍♂
Nissan will struggle to sell them in the US as long as Tesla is alive and kicking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I could maybe get a smidge interested in a hybrid. But an all electric Macan just does not excite me. Flatline zero. There is no logical reason that you wouldn't want a better (than ICE) performing EV. Less pollution, etc etc etc. But it just sounds freaking boring. The only reason Tesla is interesting to me is because of the self driving tech.
EV's really will suck the soul out of driving. This might be because we boomers grew up with ICE, working on engines, loving the evolution in performance and sounds.
And now it will just be a laptop on wheels.

It will take alot of getting used to.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I could maybe get a smidge interested in a hybrid. But an all electric Macan just does not excite me. Flatline zero. There is no logical reason that you wouldn't want a better (than ICE) performing EV. Less pollution, etc etc etc. But it just sounds freaking boring. The only reason Tesla is interesting to me is because of the self driving tech.
EV's really will suck the soul out of driving. This might be because we boomers grew up with ICE, working on engines, loving the evolution in performance and sounds.
And now it will just be a laptop on wheels.

It will take alot of getting used to.
I think that Porsche is trying to address concerns like yours with the Taycan and their other forthcoming new models. They plan within a decade to have all their current models electrified, with the 911 being the sole remaining ICE-only Porsche at the end of the next decade. I can't see the Taycan being "just a laptop on wheels"; it's going to be more impressive than any ICEV from the 1970s or 1980s (excluding exotic cars and race cars).

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hope so. I am not sure millenials will dig all EV either. My son is millenial, but he sure loves the motor sound, and he even eschewed the new F1 experience when they switched from V8s to whatever crap sounding engine they have to go with now. Glad we saw the last of the great V8s in Austin's F1. Amazing sounds.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am absolutely sild on the hybrid tech, however, i just bought 2019 Macsn S. The difference in new hybrid cost vs what I would have to eat on a tradein will buy lotssssss of gas.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I might consider an EV when I can take a road trip of 600+ miles in a day, drive at freeway speeds (Western States) and not have to stop and recharge every couple hundred miles. :sneaky:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I see that you still haven't changed the question, grim. A yes-or-no answer is probably impossible for most people. I will surely consider a Macan EV, and a Cross Turismo EV, when they become available. "WILL" I buy one? Who knows? I'm probably among the more likely candidates to buy one. But I would only buy one for local commuting, not for long-distance trips, due to charging infrastructure. As long as I keep a "fun" vehicle with ICE to do long-distance trips (hybrid or not), I'll surely consider a BEV very strongly -- and I'll be more partial to Porsche than to other brands, as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I see that you still haven't changed the question, grim. A yes-or-no answer is probably impossible for most people.
The question has 130 replies. Its trivial.

Do you currently own a Macan? yes? Proceed. No? STOP

Information: Next Generation Macan will be EV

Will you buy one? yes or no.

Done

Information: No need to discuss infrastructure, everyone's situation is different. Don't bet on a subsidy, they are going away.

Polls within forums have inherent bias and I don't see how they can ever be scientific. They are what they are. People ask questions. "Some" people decide to answer. Some people don't care.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will never buy an EV (Macon or otherwise). They take away the whole fun of cars, and make them mere "transportation". If I just wanted just "transportation", I'd buy a Honda or Toyota.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The question has 130 replies. Its trivial.
You miss the point. You're just posting this question with the idea of answering your own question. But consider that other forum members might like to hear how likely forum members are to buy a Macan EV. "Yes or no" is actually not trivial; it's not very useful as a thread question. Adding a couple more possible answers (as others have suggested also) would make the thread more interesting to read -- such as "Possibly, but not likely" and "Decent chances of buying one"... I didn't vote because I can't answer "yes" or "no". I'll bet also that of the 2/3 who voted "no", once they see how amazing the Macan BEV is likely to be (based on how great the Taycan looks), some of those "no" voters may actually buy one.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
For me it is not as simple as “yes or no”; I will have to see it and test-drive it, and then I will decide. I sure love the ICE sound of my 911, and I plan to keep it for long or to replace it by another ICE 911, but the Macan is my DD, and I love my GTS but I’m open for alternatives.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lol, no, they can't even keep the power on in this shithole state. An EV is the last thing I need. At least there are a few gas stations with power around here when PG&E chooses to screw us over.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts