Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My macan GTS color is carrara white.
Since the color of the car is metallic, would the wheel be better in jet black metallic?

I hope i can't see the dust powder well.

1. Macan Turbo wheel painted in Black (high-gloss)

2. Macan Turbo wheel painted in Jet Black Metallic

3. Macan Turbo wheel in satin platinum

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
I had the platinum satin wheels on my second Macan . They look great in the sunlight but awful at night (dull) .

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The Macan GTS trademark wheel is the satin black 20" Spyder wheel for $0. That's the wheel which will be in demand most on a GTS at trade-in.

But if I were limited to only those three choices, I'd go with the first choice....Turbo wheels in high gloss black since the machined face of the wheels look shiny.

Satin Platinum would be my last choice since you would be introducing a third color to the exterior.

·
Registered
2020 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue Metallic, AgateGrey/Pebble w Carbon Fiber
18 Posts
I have the Turbo wheels in Jet Black. No idea how they differ from gloss black. Not a fan myself of all black wheels but many are. Choose what you like.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2017 GTS with the Satin Black 20" Spyder wheels. Doesn't matter which black you get because you will get lots of brake dust on any black paint on the wheel unless you have ceramic brakes. I notice the wheels look great after a wash but after driving it for a day, the entire wheel has that dusty look to it.
Just got used to it. Even with ceramic coating on the wheels, dusty powder evenly coats every surface of the wheel until it is sprayed off and cleaned with a good wheel cleaner like Girots...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know u prob will keep w black wheels BUT
I’ve always LOVED white paint w white wheels (painted to exterior color option) !!!!
Rare and stunning!!
I would go w the 5 star design ( like blue wheels on option list)!!
Easier to maintain ,clean ( not RS Spyders)!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts