Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Bummer! I guess satin black would be the best color IMO.:)
Thanks for making me feel a little better about it. ;)

Hopefully, I like the look. Just a little disappointed in the whole process, but the company I've been working with has been pretty good about the whole thing. They're giving me a pretty good discount given the trouble.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Here's how the wheels look finished. I posted a few more pics in a new album as well if anyone is interested. Link in my sig.

Pictures from afar really don't do it justice, as the wheels get lost in the wheel well- one of the reasons I changed my mind on black to begin with. Despite not getting Plat Satin, I'm happy with the color. I'll prob plastidip the rear badge and lastly, figure out a solution for the orange side markers and be done with my mods.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Those look really good in the light, almost like a black chrome. So did they just paint over the already-thick coating on the wheels?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks @Wintermute, I agree- I like the way the light lightens the color up.

Since the base was already on them and they were fresh, they said it was a simple process to sand down and re-coat the wheels. Fingers crossed I don't have any issues down the road.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it should be OB5 for platinum (satinmat), this is how it looks painted with OB5.. its a bit more matte than the original platinum satin from porsche, should be the same color but see if your shop can make it a bit glossier, mine is almost matte

ssc your car looks great with the platinum (satinmat)
painted wheels, i would like to paint my wheels that
colour, could you please share the paint code with me?

thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the 5 spoke Platinum wheels for the Macan looks INSANELY good with the stormtrooper white look. White, carbon side, black roof rails black window trim etc.

Still finding it hard to choose between jet black, and white with these bad boys.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts
Slightly off topic, but the 5 spoke Platinum wheels for the Macan looks INSANELY good with the stormtrooper white look. White, carbon side, black roof rails black window trim etc.

Still finding it hard to choose between jet black, and white with these bad boys.

;)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
$900 seems way high... Having wheels professionally color changed to black paint or powder coat runs from $115-$150 per wheel here in Houston. I'm having four done for my daughter's car, pick-up in the morning $460.00 and that includes fixing some curb rash, mounting and balancing the tires.
@HIPSI, were you happy with the wheels you got for your daughter's car, and if so would you mind saying who you used in Houston for the work? Also, how long did the work take? My dealer just quoted $250 per wheel, and although I'd much prefer to get all the details completed before driving off the lot there's a limit to how much that's worth to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone know if you can paint or powdercoat the 21" Turbo Wheels (which appear to be rough and two tone)? I have these wheels and my heart set on the Satin Platinum finish but I am worried these wheels may not accept the paint like others. Going to try and have done at dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@HIPSI , were you happy with the wheels you got for your daughter's car, and if so would you mind saying who you used in Houston for the work? Also, how long did the work take? My dealer just quoted $250 per wheel, and although I'd much prefer to get all the details completed before driving off the lot there's a limit to how much that's worth to me.

Yes, VERY happy now some 10 months later. :)
Place I used is Alloy Wheel Repair on Wied Rd. in Spring www.wheelrepairhouston.com . They do the work overnight, basically dropped it off one evening before they closed at 5p or so, and picked it up ready to go at 9 the next morning. The guy I dealt with did mention that they were about to move to a bigger place, not sure if they did or not.... Their # 713-705-6489

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yes, VERY happy now some 10 months later. :)
Place I used is Alloy Wheel Repair on Wied Rd. in Spring www.wheelrepairhouston.com . They do the work overnight, basically dropped it off one evening before they closed at 5p or so, and picked it up ready to go at 9 the next morning. The guy I dealt with did mention that they were about to move to a bigger place, not sure if they did or not.... Their # 713-705-6489
Excellent! Thanks @HIPSI - I'll give them a call tomorrow and maybe drop by at the end of the week to check them out.:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
For anyone else who is totally new to this, Wheel Enhancement in LA will put on a powder coat for $800 + $120 for mount and balance. The process takes about 7-10 days.

I may be working these guys. It seems almost double the price of some other places but they Wheel Enhancement says they use a more durable method etc etc. Probably true but whew..........$$

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought I would give this thread a bump with some new blood.

About to take off my winter set: bought the extra 20" OEM wheels to put A/S tires on for winter and the stock bright metal was begging for a powder painting to match the Volcano, but in satin. Here they are. Sadly they will soon not see the light of day until late fall. My black spiders might be next in line for a facelift.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts