Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks @windblow , definitely something to consider. However, since I'm already paying for the 20s, makes it a little harder to go aftermarket.

@The Hawk , same line of thinking here, cost is high, but typical for a dealership (who outsources anyway and likely making a profit on the work) and reasonable after the discount. There is something to be said about getting it done before delivery so I don't have to deal with it afterwards.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thanks @windblow , definitely something to consider. However, since I'm already paying for the 20s, makes it a little harder to go aftermarket.
Sure do understand your reasons for no hassle drive off the lot.

Reactions: slw23

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,378 Posts
we need someone to photo shop some 20 inch sport design wheels in satin on the silver and white macan!

Reactions: rjhoskins and slw23

·
Registered
106 Posts
^^ $900 is about right if it comes from the Porsche factory, except here they're just sending it to an outside body shop. That's what most of them do, they're the middleman.

$900 seems way high... Having wheels professionally color changed to black paint or powder coat runs from $115-$150 per wheel here in Houston. I'm having four done for my daughter's car, pick-up in the morning $460.00 and that includes fixing some curb rash, mounting and balancing the tires.

Reactions: sebis

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,378 Posts
Nice dingo! Could you do a silver and white Macan turbo?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi! I love that color and this is how it will look my Macan (photoshop)
Agate with black trim, painted wheels and red interior, there goes the budget.

Thanks for posting the picture:)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,378 Posts
Thx slw. I was specifically asking of a PS with the Satin finish though in a white Turbo and silver Turbo

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
^^ yep, I gotcha. I'd like to see that too, as I have a white turbo coming, but I think that is one of the first white Macans posted with the SD wheels. Beggars can't be choosers ;)

I'm almost surely going to powder coat the wheels plat satin as the standard color is pretty bright as someone else already mentioned.

Reactions: elreanacido

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I worry about buying aftermarket wheels from ebay. I already don't know much about wheels, then buying from an ebay seller, sounds like a recipe for disappointment.

I'm inclined to stick with stock and powder coat them...

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
20" Gunmetal Turbo Wheels Fits Porsche Cayenne s GTS Turbo Hybrid Diesel Rims | eBay

check out these 20 inch rims. They are a matte gunmetal and look like the 21s, but are 20s.
I hope you're not serious about buying these, they're a waste of your money -

1. They absolutely won't fit the Macan. Bolt circle, center bore, and offsets are wrong.

2. They will be heavy, absolute performance killer. Your OEMs are made by top notch wheel makers such as BBS using a process such as flow-forming rim technology to be strong and light. They also have to pass stringent standards for rigidity. Google it if you don't know. The ones who say their wheels are light and cheap cost will bend and crack right after the very first potholes.

3. Do you really want to install such cheap wheels on your Porsche?

Reactions: Jim S

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Reviving an old thread here.

Does anyone know the paint code for Porsche Platinum Satin wheels? Dealer is telling me they can't have them powder coated that color since it's a factory exclusive?!

TIA.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Reviving an old thread here.

Does anyone know the paint code for Porsche Platinum Satin wheels? Dealer is telling me they can't have them powder coated that color since it's a factory exclusive?!

TIA.
Not sure if it is the same color, but the Platinum Silver Metallic code is: M7T.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the ti paint on the R8 wheels is also a great colour to use. audi code LY7P

Advan dark silver aftermarket wheel.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Thx @wmras, but prob a different color. @lou, that color could work, maybe slightly lighter, but close. While ideally I'm able to get the Platinum Satin colored wheels, maybe a titanium would work.

Originally wanted black, but think the platinum satin would show off the wheel better, and now after all the pics, kind of have my heart set on it.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts