Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been digging for pictures on wheels and I'm starting to really like Platinum Satin on the Carrera S wheels (examples attached). I wish I had this option for the Macan. :(

Anyhow, I'm getting the 20" SD wheels, similar design. I originally planned to powder coat the wheels in black, but thinking I may prefer platinum satin since it better shows the wheel design. Black will look really dark. I also like how it looks darker in some lighting, and lighter in others, and seems to go well with different ext colors.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I never worry about wheels, since they can always be refinished or replaced easily, and I'm sure there will be some good 3rd-party choices soon.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I just wish we knew WHAT RIMS FIT the macan! Its like all wheel companies are in the dark about the bolt pattern so we can't exactly pick an aftermarket rim just yet.
It would be nice if it was a straight up fit to the 958 Cayenne, but thats doubtful.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Spot on, slw, saw this finish on a Panamera in Agate grey, looked super smooth. Your dealer can do this on the SD wheel for about £100 a corner. I think it will be an option in due course, £500 on 911 Configurator, so easily done. Are you thinking on Agate, as I am also thinking possibly on Dark Blue or Jet Black with black gloss trim etc, satin will look better than standard finish imho regardless. What colour are you going for? Girlie question I know, but I have specced PTV+, PASM, AS, SC, it's my wife that wants to know about the colour, honest?!:D The sooner my spec is locked, a few weeks to go, the better. Launch party next week.:)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with white/black, prem pack+, gloss black window trim, 18 way full leather, AS, and a few other "frill" options like the light comfort pack, aluminum gear shifter, and colored crests. I'm locked, otherwise PTV+ would have been added, but alas, I save a little $. I was at the upper limits of my self imposed budget anyway. :D

The platinum satin wheels really look great on all colors IMO. I saw some pics of a 911 in dark blue w the same Carrera S wheels in platinum satin, just beautiful.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks a great spec. Interesting comments though, I have a sneaky feeling the Dark Blue with satin wheels, black gloss etc is going to look under the radar classy. Need to see one before I am brave enough to press the button. You have helped, I think.:eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just wish we knew WHAT RIMS FIT the macan! Its like all wheel companies are in the dark about the bolt pattern so we can't exactly pick an aftermarket rim just yet.
It would be nice if it was a straight up fit to the 958 Cayenne, but thats doubtful.
There supposed to be the same as Q5

·
Registered
147 Posts
Been digging for pictures on wheels and I'm starting to really like Platinum Satin on the Carrera S wheels (examples attached). I wish I had this option for the Macan. :(

Anyhow, I'm getting the 20" SD wheels, similar design. I originally planned to powder coat the wheels in black, but thinking I may prefer platinum satin since it better shows the wheel design. Black will look really dark. I also like how it looks darker in some lighting, and lighter in others, and seems to go well with different ext colors.

Thoughts?
I'm thinking about getting the Agate with the SD wheels, planning on painting like the pics, thanks for posting

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

Thoughts?
If you can get the dealer to do it under $500, definitely do it! Otherwise, there are other options.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks a great spec. Interesting comments though, I have a sneaky feeling the Dark Blue with satin wheels, black gloss etc is going to look under the radar classy. Need to see one before I am brave enough to press the button. You have helped, I think.:eek:
Here is Dark Blue Metallic w the Platinum Satin Wheels, looks great!

Attachments

Reactions: The Hawk

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you can get the dealer to do it under $500, definitely do it! Otherwise, there are other options.
Under $500? Dealer is asking for $450/wheel. I got them down to half that since I'm a repeat customer. :eek:

I have 0 experience with custom wheels... usually am a stock guy through and through.

·
Registered
147 Posts
source of this? That would be good!
I've seen it in a couple of places, here's one ref

I checked the BBS Germany website and here's what I found -

http://www.bbs.com/index.php?id=ch-r...014.pdf&did=19

It clearly lists the Porsche Macan having a bolt circle of 5x112 and a center bore having the same number as all of these Audis (A6, A6 Allroad, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q5, SQ5), which is 66.56 mm. So this is definitely deviating from all other Porsche vehicles currently in production. It makes sense, since they are using a previously developed Q5 platform.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Under $500? Dealer is asking for $450/wheel. I got them down to half that since I'm a repeat customer. :eek:

I have 0 experience with custom wheels... usually am a stock guy through and through.
Holy smoke! Just ask the dealer for the paint code and have a wheel shop do it. The other option is to sell your 19s and get the BBS CH-R wheels in black with polished stainless lip, see this link -

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Tirerack has it now for SQ5. They'll soon have the staggered version for the Macan if you want wider tires on rear. The 20s" currently on Tirerack have proper width and offset for the Macan. They'll have the staggered rear soon I believe. This is what I'll do for my winter set most likely. Most Porsche wheels are made by BBS, you won't sacrifice quality here.

·
Registered
317 Posts
£500 = approx $800. £500 is cost on 911 configurator in UK. So halving your $450 takes us to $900 for four, so about right and a decent gesture for an un-discounted car.:) In my case I will get them done before delivery by the garage, just to prolong the wait an extra few days.:D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
^^ $900 is about right if it comes from the Porsche factory, except here they're just sending it to an outside body shop. That's what most of them do, they're the middleman.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts