Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The steering column has to be the cheapest feeling plastic on the entire car. If I was going beyond the full leather interior I already have, that would be the one additional leather item I would add.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The steering column has to be the cheapest feeling plastic on the entire car. If I was going beyond the full leather interior I already have, that would be the one additional leather item I would add.
Thanks! That helps me justify doing the column. It is also visible from the sides, so kind of jumps out at me.

The builder says the "Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather"

Includes: Covered in Smooth-Finish Leather with Decorative Stitching
- Dashboard end trim
- Dashboard upper section center air vents
- Center dashboard trim

I can understand those vents are some tricky detail work but I highly doubt I would pay $1800 to cover it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I def prefer my walnut wood grain wheel with matching timber trim. Great camouflage when hunting and could be used for firewood should the weather close out. Try doing that with a black plastic coated steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
My Macan is a Porsche Exclusive demo car, so it has every leather option on it (air vents, lower seat controls, rear view mirror, steering column etc). I would rank in order of importance
1. Air vents
2. Steering column
3. Lower seat controls
4. Rear view mirror
5. Sunshades

My interior is the Garnett red and the red air vents really pop and look awesome. Don’t really notice the rest listed on a daily basis, but always see the red air vents. Would order again if I had to spec one with a red interior.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
My Macan is a Porsche Exclusive demo car, so it has every leather option on it (air vents, lower seat controls, rear view mirror, steering column etc). I would rank in order of importance
1. Air vents
2. Steering column
3. Lower seat controls
4. Rear view mirror
5. Sunshades

My interior is the Garnett red and the red air vents really pop and look awesome. Don’t really notice the rest listed on a daily basis, but always see the red air vents. Would order again if I had to spec one with a red interior.
Can you share a pic or two of that? I've not seen those touches live, only on the configurator.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm planning to order deviated stitching (and seat centers) on my Macan GTS but my question has to do with extra leather options like sun visors and steering column covers. Neither of these items is currently on my spec but intrigue me. My interior color scheme is espresso natural leather with guards red stitching and inserts. When I play around with the configurator and check the boxes for sun visors and steering column cover it asks me for a color, which I believe is for the stitching.

Has anybody here actually bought either of these pricey options? How'd it look? Photos?

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
......my question has to do with extra leather options like sun visors and steering column covers......

Has anybody here actually bought either of these pricey options? How'd it look? Photos?
There was an earlier discussion about the leather steering column option. You can find remarks and a couple of photos in the thread link below.

Pictures of steering column casing- and rear-view mirror...

For the leather visors, there was some discussion in the following thread. Post 12 provides a link to a company that will cover visors in leather with deviated stitching.

leather sun visors wanted

As far as the color selection in the configurator, it's probably best to confirm that with one of the Porsche design centers. (y)

Reactions: Llarry

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nick demonstrates steering wheel in leather at about 29:22 In another video he shows deviated stitching to be a bad idea as it's reflected in the dials.

Nick criticized deviated stitching on the steering column in the sports cars (specifically, his 911 which had chalk stitching) but said in his video explaining Macan options that, unlike the sports cars, the leather steering column cannot be easily seen while driving. Based on that characterization, I'm going for it... complete with deviated stitching (in Guards Red.)

·
Super Moderator
1,973 Posts
The option is referred to as deviated stitching - not deviating stitching.

Let's try not to use the deviant form... :eek:

Nick is entitled to his opinion. You buy what you want. Nevermind what Nick thinks...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts