Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a bit of a wheel hoarder. I love the ability for a set of wheels to be able to easily change the appearance of a vehicle.

Here's my situation... I currently own three sets: 21" Sport Classics, 21" 911 Turbos, and a set of 18" BBS SRs for winter duty. To make matters "worse" a set of 20" RS Spyders came up for sale locally (needing new tires), and I am finding it hard to pass on them - In fact, I made arrangements to pick them up tonight...

Surely I will need to consolidate. The garage is already getting quite full, and in reality, the sets of 21's can only be used for 6-7 months out of the year because of the summer tires.

I'm wondering what might make the most sense. I know this is entirely subjective, but It's like choosing between your favorite child - "I love them all equally".

To me, it may seem that a fair compromise might be to use the 20" Spyders year round with a set of premium all-season tires. That would afford a bit more garage space, and could certainly free some cash that is invested in each of the other sets. Please feel free to talk me out of this way of thinking!

If I were to sell both sets of 21s, does anyone know an appropriate sale price for each? Both sets have nearly new tires - I've scanned through the listings a bit and concluded that $3,500 - $4,000 (before shipping) is the typical asking rate. Seem reasonable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
968 Posts
It's based on the condition of the wheels and the brand tires that are mounted. Some people would rather pick their own tires. What do you have specifically?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's based on the condition of the wheels and the brand tires that are mounted. Some people would rather pick their own tires. What do you have specifically?
1.) 21" Sport Classics in Silver, Continental 5P Summer Tires with 8/32 Tread - In the classifieds currently.

2.) 21" 911 Turbo Wheels - Same tires, same tread depth. I'd say these are 8.5/10 condition. No curb rash, but some scuffs here and there from normal use. I love the design and the fact that they are truly forged wheels as opposed to cast. These, I'm having a harder time trying to let go.

Both with TPMS and Center caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts