Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

INSTANT REBATE offer is BACK!

If you've been pondering when to get Philips X-tremeVision HID bulbs, now is the good time.
Between Sep 23 - Sep 30, purchase X-treme Vision HID bulbs and enjoy up to $100 of instant saving.
There is no need to enter any coupon code. Pricing already has been adjusted to be effective for the specified term.
Please note that this Instant Rebate offer is offered by the distributors and M'Autolite cannot apply this offer to any orders placed prior to this promotional term.

Philips X-tremeVision D2S: ONLY $ /PAIR (Our reg price: $184.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D2R: ONLY $ /PAIR (Our reg price: $184.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D1S: ONLY $/PAIR (Our reg price: $214.99)
Philips X-tremeVision D3S: ONLY $ /PAIR (Our reg price: $269.99)

Philips X-tremeVision +50% series HID bulbs provide up to +50% more brightness and whiter color temperature rated at 5000K (initial color rated at 4800K).
On top of our everyday low price, this INSTANT REBATE would make this deal even more special.
If you've been looking to replace your stock/no-brand name D2S, D2R, D1S, or D3S bulbs to reliable Philips bulbs that are brighter and whiter, it's the time to grab the deal!

Visit us at mautolite.com .

FYI, see below comparison photos to see how it looks different from the stock 4300K (from our previous test)
(First comparison photos were taken from our facility. The other two actual road comparison photos were taken by other forum members. Many thanks to kappax12 and studioRS!)
There were rumors that X-tremeVision bulb gets whiter and brighter after 200 hrs of use.
To find out if it's a rumor or truth, we ran a test by having a X-tremeVision bulb stay lit for 9 days (9 days x 24 hrs = 216 hrs).

Conclusion: It's not a rumor anymore. It has been confirmed. X-tremeVision bulb gives whiter and brighter light compared to the stock 4300K bulb from the beginning and it gets even better as it goes through break-in process.
We're very satisfied with the result after 216 hrs of use.

We took a few comparison photos showing stock Philips 4300K D2S(lower), new Philips X-tremeVision D2S (middle), and color-shifted Philips X-tremeVision D2S w/220 hrs use (upper) to show you the difference in lighting output and color.
The photos have not been photoshopped and untouched except for our log being added.

Although we tried to take good photos, it is not easy to take photo of lighting.
The result is that stock 4300K is noticeably yellower and dimmer than X-tremeVision bulb and the color-shifted X-tremeVision bulb is much whiter with crisp white.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].

Thank You,

Mike @M'Autolite

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Really? Now I gotta see more commercial ads on this Forum? Come on guys. One is enough. Two ads in a row?

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
These aren't just any commercial ad, these are by vendors who help to support the forum, or they wouldn't be allowed to post.

I just placed the order. I'm a bit concerned about installation as I'm not very talented when it comes to that, but will have a friend accomplish it from the excellent DIY photos you posted.

I will then also report back on the hoped for improvement as the headlights on the Macan do leave a bit to be desired. I'm very critical of headlight performance, acutely aware of both good and weak lighting as I'm a flashaholic and collector of flashlights of all types. I know lumens and kelvin very well.

Looking forward to delivery at this excellent price.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
These aren't just any commercial ad, these are by vendors who help to support the forum, or they wouldn't be allowed to post.

I just placed the order. I'm a bit concerned about installation as I'm not very talented when it comes to that, but will have a friend accomplish it from the excellent DIY photos you posted.

I will then also report back on the hoped for improvement as the headlights on the Macan do leave a bit to be desired. I'm very critical of headlight performance, acutely aware of both good and weak lighting as I'm a flashaholic and collector of flashlights of all types. I know lumens and kelvin very well.

Looking forward to delivery at this excellent price.

Got it . I rescind my complaint. Sorry guys . Hope you sell tons of bulbs and stuff .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Bought mine months ago. Should have waited.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do these stack up against CBI's and whats our bulb type
Thanks
Philips XV gives 5000K color with up to 50% more brightness w/initial start color of 4800K.
Osram CBI gives 5000K color with up to 20% more brightness.
Initial start color may be better by Osram CBI but after about 200 hours of use, XV wins for both color and brightness.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
had this since day 1 on my car (Jul 2014)

Nice white light with a tiny bit of bluish tint.

Also had CBI on my last car, it does seem the Philips light beam is a bit more focused than CBI, it may have to do with the projector lens, I guess.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had this since day 1 on my car (Jul 2014)

Nice white light with a tiny bit of bluish tint.

Also had CBI on my last car, it does seem the Philips light beam is a bit more focused than CBI, it may have to do with the projector lens, I guess.
Yup, beam pattern depends on the projector lens.
When we did comparison test between CBI and XV, the only difference was the slight color and brightness.
In case anyone is a big fan of CBI, we have them as well but we received more positive feedbacks on XV than CBI.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Fan of both.

Had CBI and trying out Philips this time. Both did not disappoint, considered that I paid MSRP at that time. I must have a 'sucker' word on my forehead :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fan of both.

Had CBI and trying out Philips this time. Both did not disappoint, considered that I paid MSRP at that time. I must have a 'sucker' word on my forehead :(
Most of these could be obtained at full retail price when they were rare and new in the market but there is a trade-off. You were probably one of a few out there with these new lights when others did not have them. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Are any of these bulbs good for the cornering lights? (Sorry, on my phone so searching sucks)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Are any of these bulbs good for the cornering lights? (Sorry, on my phone so searching sucks)
stock corner light uses halogen H7. There are aftermarket stuff, like LED H7 (with the use of adapter). A couple known bloggers here did this, I believe but you can also go with HID kit too with H7 hid bulb.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stock corner light uses halogen H7. There are aftermarket stuff, like LED H7 (with the use of adapter). A couple known bloggers here did this, I believe but you can also go with HID kit too with H7 hid bulb.
Yes, you can use LED light or brighter halogen bulbs such as Osram Night Breaker (+110% brightness) or Philips X-tremeVision (+100% or +130% brightness) but HID kit would not be much recommended since the cornering lights do gradually brightens and dims.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts