Porsche Macan Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dean,

I can confirm i am also having this issue on a 2019 S, i originally wrote it off as normal until i read this thread. Would be very interested to hear of a fix
As others have mentioned before, the issue seems to be directly related to the AC unit and the level at which it's running. I for one have been experiencing this issue since purchasing my 2016 S and can confirm it gets more or less noticeable with AC intensity/temperature variation, but want to note that of the four Base 4 cylinder models I've driven, not a single one has had these symptoms. I am curious to see if the AC compressor is located in a different place on the S as opposed to the Base, due to less space around a larger engine.

Regardless it seems this may be a noise and vibration insulation issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As others have mentioned before, the issue seems to be directly related to the AC unit and the level at which it's running. I for one have been experiencing this issue since purchasing my 2016 S and can confirm it gets more or less noticeable with AC intensity/temperature variation, but want to note that of the four Base 4 cylinder models I've driven, not a single one has had these symptoms. I am curious to see if the AC compressor is located in a different place on the S as opposed to the Base, due to less space around a larger engine.

Regardless it seems this may be a noise and vibration insulation issue.
It is interesting that it seems to be an issue that neither Porsche or any forum members have been bale to fully resolve after so long (2015 model Macans having the same problem)

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is interesting that it seems to be an issue that neither Porsche or any forum members have been bale to fully resolve after so long (2015 model Macans having the same problem)
The fact that the issue still persists in the newest models (19-20) seems to indicate that Porsche is denying the issue exists and paying it no mind. I fear that because so many dealers sweep the issue under the rug with the "that's just the way it is" line, the feedback rarely ever makes it back to Porsche and thus they may see this as an isolated issue.

Granted this is my first foray into Porsche ownership, but having owned vehicles from the majority of the competitors, it seems that Porsche more than most is content with writing off owner complaints as immaterial or non-existent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They Possibly writing it off as nothing but its hard to say that after extending all 991.1 gt3 warranties to ten years for their issues.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been noticing this issue ever since I got the car, only now decided to read into it and more or less relieved that it's a common issue.

It's very similar to the boost delivery, perhaps the turbos work a little different with ac on?

Anyways if it's a common issue then I'm relieved, plus my wife drove it for the first time last week and said she likes the little tiger roar it gives off before she started moving normally.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm actually happy to have found this thread. I've had the vibration become noticeable in stop and go traffic. I get that some people think it inexcusable that Porsche would make a car that isn't 100% perfect in every way.

Me, I'm happy to have confirmed that a) it's the A/C and b) it's not broken. Nothing here to be mad or disappointed about.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm actually happy to have found this thread. I've had the vibration become noticeable in stop and go traffic. I get that some people think it inexcusable that Porsche would make a car that isn't 100% perfect in every way.

Me, I'm happy to have confirmed that a) it's the A/C and b) it's not broken. Nothing here to be mad or disappointed about.
Same sentiment here. It took a little bit of effort searching with the right words to find this thread, when I first noticed the consistency of the problem on my 18GTS.

Agree that it's mild annoyance in the grand scheme of things they did right with the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Same sentiment here. It took a little bit of effort searching with the right words to find this thread, when I first noticed the consistency of the problem on my 18GTS.

Agree that it's mild annoyance in the grand scheme of things they did right with the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mild annoyance is nothing.

I was in GLE43 AMG last week, using windshield wipers during rain, I FELT THEM swinging back and forth in the gas pedal.

What kind of nonsense is that? I physically felt the windshield wipers swing and that's supposed to be the part of the drive that's unnoticeable.:eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
OK, maybe this will help someone.

Had a slight pedal vibration as described here. Two weeks ago I had to replace rear shocks and they replaced them and then did THE ALIGNMENT.

Now, my pedal vibration is completely gone!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts