Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips for installing Pedal Commander in a Macan? It looks a bit daunting to me from what I have seen / read. Is there any way of doing it without undoing the accelerator bolt etc? Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question.

Don’t expect any help from Pedal Commander though. I recently purchased one. I brought it to my local dealer and asked if they would install it. They had never heard of it. They took it out of the box and the first thing they asked is why it looked like a 2 year old dremeled the connector piece. I thought maybe I was sold a used part so I contacted Pedal Commander and asked about it and if they had any Porsche specific install instructions. They said NO they didn’t and to send it back. Long story short...I sent it back and after waiting a few weeks and not hearing anything I had to contact them via phone because they didn’t answer my email. They finally said okay we just shipped you the replacement and by the way that notch IS SUPPOSED to be there?!?

I was floored and asked why I went thru all the trouble of sending it back in the first place and they said sorry here is another $20 off. Still no instructions. I may put it on my Boxster as it looks easier to install...maybe.

So yeah good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any tips for installing Pedal Commander in a Macan? It looks a bit daunting to me from what I have seen / read. Is there any way of doing it without undoing the accelerator bolt etc? Thanks...
I removed my pedal as it
l removed the pedal as it was easier then trying to disconnect the pedal connector with pedal installed. It is exceptionally easy to remove and reinstall, only 1 torx screw. The pedal has a safety connector which necessitates releasing one tab before the other tab can be pressed to remove it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm worried that even if I can get to that screw, I won't be able to get in back.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the same concern and installed without removing the screw. 100% do not recommend. I was stubborn and continued without removing the screw since I already invested frustration time.
Took me probably 20+ minutes with a small pick and a few scrapes on my hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed one in my Panamera. The connector harness to the pedal uses one of those evil Porsche Chinese finger traps, requiring you to push and pull at the same time with just the right amount of pressure to slide the lock toward the other part, while pulling the connector apart. It is very unnatural and maddening until you get a feel for it. Once you get it apart, you plug the Pedal Commander in where the vehicle harness was, and then put the vehicle harness on the other connector from the Pedal Commander. The only hard part is opening that first connector. Once you are back together, the Pedal Commander is really slick.

if you are flash tuning your car, the tuner won‘t write to your ECU with the Pedal Commander installed, so beware, and be prepared to remove it any time you are updating your tune flash. This is the only downside I have discovered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts