Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is the difference in response between Pedal Commander and just Sport mode? I agree that Macan S seems lethargic, but with the Sport mode activated it really comes back to life. So, why Pedal Commander instead of just engaging the Sport mode?

·
Registered
68 Posts
What is the difference in response between Pedal Commander and just Sport mode? I agree that Macan S seems lethargic, but with the Sport mode activated it really comes back to life. So, why Pedal Commander instead of just engaging the Sport mode?
Since no one could answer this question, would it be safe to assume that there is no advantage of having $300 Pedal Commander over just pushing the "SPORT" button?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The difference is more than just throttle response. In Sport or Sport+ the engine fuel maps are modified, the idle is slightly increased, the PDK will shift at higher RPM's and stay in a lower gear (which keeps the engine constantly at a higher RPM) and the exhaust note will be louder. These will increase your performance but will also decrease your gas mileage. So, if all someone wants is better throttle response, the Pedal Commander, or any other variant of it, is the way to go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah as I understand it, the PC sort of bypasses the delays to the throttle controller, and quickens the response time. My concern is does it make it more jerky like Sport+ mode from the factory does to the throttle? I drive a lot on tight mountain roads, and while I appreciate a snappy response, it can get too sensitive and herky jerky trying to throttle out of tight turns.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah as I understand it, the PC sort of bypasses the delays to the throttle controller, and quickens the response time. My concern is does it make it more jerky like Sport+ mode from the factory does to the throttle? I drive a lot on tight mountain roads, and while I appreciate a snappy response, it can get too sensitive and herky jerky trying to throttle out of tight turns.
One of the advantages is you can easily adjust it to fit your preferences.

In my case after trying different settings over the course of several days on my Turbo, I found my favorite setting was very close to OEM, and I ended up returning it.

But I’m not suggesting it does not work as advertised nor that you should not try it. Everyone has different preferences, and I have to assume it very much helps on a GTS where there is much more turbo lag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just added pedal commander. Hard to get it in wrong, there’s a slot at the bottom to align it correctly. just replaced diverter valves with new ones from Flat 6. OMFG, what a difference! eco mode for valet or teenager protection. Sport plus is wicked. Keep mine at city, minus 2 for everyday driving, still get boost at lower rpm’s when I punch it. I think I’m done on performance mods on my 2015 Macan S. Still have 3 things to do, upgrade the brakes, new tires, and eventually replace the tensioner for the serpentine belt. Awaiting that last one as long as possible, while in service position will replace thermostat and maybe even water pump as well as serpentine belt. I’m trying to keep the car OEM as much as possible without affecting ECU. Out of warranty, but pleased with this keeper!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just added pedal commander. Hard to get it in wrong, there’s a slot at the bottom to align it correctly. just replaced diverter valves with new ones from Flat 6. OMFG, what a difference! eco mode for valet or teenager protection. Sport plus is wicked. Keep mine at city, minus 2 for everyday driving, still get boost at lower rpm’s when I punch it. I think I’m done on performance mods on my 2015 Macan S. Still have 3 things to do, upgrade the brakes, new tires, and eventually replace the tensioner for the serpentine belt. Awaiting that last one as long as possible, while in service position will replace thermostat and maybe even water pump as well as serpentine belt. I’m trying to keep the car OEM as much as possible without affecting ECU. Out of warranty, but pleased with this keeper!
Did you remove the gas pedal for the installation process? Where did you hide the control box for the Pedal Commander? Do you use the control box or a Bluetooth for adjusting it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered me one of those things. Total was $269.99 w/free shipping. It's $30 off Feb. 14-17, President's Day sale. I spoke with Porsche SA earlier and asked them if there could be any issues with the warranty if I install the Pedal Commander. They said no, there shouldn't be. So, it sounds like I won't have to remove it before visiting the dealer for a service.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
One of the easiest and best add ons to be had. Even if you do decide to remove it, it takes only 5 minutes to do so. Another 5-10 to put it back on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you remove the gas pedal for the installation process? Where did you hide the control box for the Pedal Commander? Do you use the control box or a Bluetooth for adjusting it?
I did drop the pedal, long extension 3/8 inch drive, T30. Ran the wiring underneath the steering wheel, come up through the left as there is more space to thread through, I just leave it lying in the well beneath steering column, stays put, can migrate a little but it doesn’t fall out. I use the Bluetooth app, works like a charm.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just ordered me one of those things. Total was $269.99 w/free shipping. It's $30 off Feb. 14-17, President's Day sale. I spoke with Porsche SA earlier and asked them if there could be any issues with the warranty if I install the Pedal Commander. They said no, there shouldn't be. So, it sounds like I won't have to remove it before visiting the dealer for a service.
Where did you order it for $270? Seeing it for $300 at the usual sites. The glowing reviews in this thread is making me want to get one -- never considered it before.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FWIW the install was NOT comfortable if you're 6'0 225 lbs with broad shoulders just putting that out there lol. Simple install but I had a hard time fitting down there.
I feel your pain man. You just have to roll your shoulder the right way. Once you see the head of the screw you need it‘s great. Don’t have to be 100 percent accurate when replacing screw. Guide at bottom is pure German engineering. don’t be rushed when doing this, take your time, connect and reconnect, route it, hook up Bluetooth, forget about ever going back under there. Knock on wood!
so did you get a new car or what with PC?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I feel your pain man. You just have to roll your shoulder the right way. Once you see the head of the screw you need it‘s great. Don’t have to be 100 percent accurate when replacing screw. Guide at bottom is pure German engineering. don’t be rushed when doing this, take your time, connect and reconnect, route it, hook up Bluetooth, forget about ever going back under there. Knock on wood!
Of course it‘s also a good time to put a pedal cover over accelerator

·
Registered
151 Posts
Definitely feels like I'm driving a different car that's for sure. Best $300 I've ever spent towards a mod. Makes me realize how bad the lag was with the GTS in stock setting

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
I finally figured out a few minutes ago after several attempts. Like Jon, I am a pretty big guy with big shoulders and had trouble getting in there. Plus I think the wiring harness on my car may be shorter than most. I could never see the red tab, and I was almost ready to tell Jon that my car didn’t have a red tab. But I finally finally felt upwards for it, and figured it out even though I was never able to see it. PaulW, thanks for the p.m.

Hopefully I will have the Pedal Commander installed and ready for testing shortly.
Hey Shark,
Did you ever end up installing the PC ?
Love to hear your review on its use in a Turbo with Cobb.
What mode did you settle on for the PC....if you still have it?
Thx

2016 Macan T

21 - 39 of 39 Posts