Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone with a lowered steel sprung Macan that has had PDK warranty repairs. Just looking for owner's experiences dealing with the warranty department in this scenario.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
No experience here, but I would be absolutely shocked if the dealer even mentioned it unless you have totally ticked them off for some reason. What could lowering the car possibly have to do with the transmission?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No experience here, but I would be absolutely shocked if the dealer even mentioned it unless you have totally ticked them off for some reason. What could lowering the car possibly have to do with the transmission?
My question arrises from quite a few comments from members on this board who have expressed concern that mods will invalidate the warranty. I had a conversation with the dealer service advisor before lowering my Macan that got me comfortable with moving forward. Curious if anyone had any experiences to share.

In any event, I've started noticing that 2nd gear is mushy, not crisp. Slipping maybe. Very subtle, but definitely noticeable in slow moving traffic. A visit to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
My question arrises from quite a few comments from members on this board who have expressed concern that mods will invalidate the warranty. I had a conversation with the dealer service advisor before lowering my Macan that got me comfortable with moving forward. Curious if anyone had any experiences to share.

In any event, I've started noticing that 2nd gear is mushy, not crisp. Slipping maybe. Very subtle, but definitely noticeable in slow moving traffic. A visit to the dealer is in order.
If you had a suspension issue after lowering your car it certainly opens the door to the dealer and/or PCNA claiming they will not make a suspension repair under warranty. But it would not be reasonable for them to claim that the entire warranty on the car is void.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you had a suspension issue after lowering your car it certainly opens the door to the dealer and/or PCNA claiming they will not make a suspension repair under warranty. But it would not be reasonable for them to claim that the entire warranty on the car is void.
Of course.
I threw the question out there to help make sure I was covering my bases.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts