Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cobb says that they might develop a PDK tuning for the Macan, but haven't started and have no timeline for doing so. I'm guessing there will be nothing available for quite a while, if at all.

Does any other company offer this? The Macan is quick in manual shift mode but loses quite a lot of performance in Auto, even with Sport mode engaged. I'd like to have a more aggressive accelerator pedal and quicker shifts. What Cobb offers for the 911.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
I can't recall anyone here discussing anything like this other than the Cobb situation you mentioned above.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Sport+" offers higher RPM shift points and faster gear changes?

Would that work in tandem with the Cobb tuning? Or would one override the other?

·
Registered
878 Posts
to my knowledge, cobb is for more power(mainly just that boost comes on much quicker in the pedal range than without cobb), they say they don't touch the PDK, although I'm sure theres some things related.

The cobb tune will work with those cars with Sport+. My cobb tune works best in sport mode. doesn't work very well in regular mode due to the tranny always being in high gear (6th gear at 35mph, 7th gear at 40mph) and no power when I step on it to pass or to get onto a highway. You need to step on it to a specific amount to get the tranny to downshift 3 gears, but then you're flying...

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
cobb is for more power(mainly just that boost comes on much quicker in the pedal range than without cobb),
Also the boost definitely starts at a lower RPM versus stock.

Personally I like that a lot as it makes the Turbo engine feels even more like a V8 with even more low end torque (yes I'm old school, as if you could not already tell).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed. The Cobb tuning transforms the feel of the engine. All that's left is a more aggressive transmission.

I have a suspicion that Cobb won't get to the Macan PDK tuning for quite a long time so I was hoping for other options today. The Macan isn't their primary focus, so I understand, but somebody on the planet must be toying with aftermarket options.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bumping an old thread...APR and others have a tune for the Audi DSG (essentially the same hardware). Not sure how much it helps on those cars, but I really wish our regular drive mode was a little more aggressive with downshifts. Sport mode is great, but it's a pain to turn it on every time and it's a bit too aggressive if you're driving slowly for whatever reason (traffic, neighborhood, parking lot, school zone, etc.).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts