Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m facing an issue recently that I can’t point towards what is failing exactly. I have trouble codes and some data for someone who’s in the know to have a look at and possibly guide me to what may need replacing.

So here we go, the fault:

the fault it self is an issue with the gearbox, when selecting reverse on nearly every occasion the car slips out of gear and displays a yellow warning which says something along the lines of “loss of R gear, possible to drive on” it does go into first gear to drive forward but will not reverse. The red indicator on the instrument cluster where it shows which gear is selected, blinks on R. When this fault happens I can hear a clink noise as though something has slipped out.

I have connected a diagnostics system to read the code and the following is what is displayed:

P284D00 - Gear 1 actuator moves out of engaged position

P187F00 - Gear actuator position deviation

I have attached the diagnostic codes and a video showing some data.

Mobile phone Portable communications device Gadget Communication Device Telephony
Font Gesture Line Material property Technology

Photograph Font Line Wood Technology

Photograph Azure Black Font Line

Photograph Communication Device Gadget Font Gesture

Communication Device Gesture Font Gadget Line

Azure Gadget Communication Device Font Mobile device

Font Gesture Gadget Communication Device Line

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is an internal problem with the transmission, not the Transfer Case.
Possibilities:
The #1 Gear Position sensor is defective (Mechatronics).
The Gear #1 shift servo or fluid-valve solenoid is defective (Mechatronics).
The Gear #1 shift rod is being pushed out of its position after the servo moves it, due to a worn gear, shift-fork, or synchro problem in the gearbox portion of the transmission.

Try changing the fluid and filter, to see if the problem persists. Probably won't solve your issue, but worth a try before pulling out the Mechatronic unit. There are some repairs (replacement of the PCB1 and PCB2) that can be done on the Mechatronic unit, rather than replacing the whole assembly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It also could be just some metallic particles (normal wear of the mechanism) that are sticking to the permanent-magnet portion of the Gear Position sensor, which will prevent the sensor from accurately measuring the actual position of the Gear #1 servo/shift rod. Clean that off and you might be good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information. I will service the PDK first and see if that resolves it. I’m leaning towards the fault either being in the Mec unit or as suggested a gear synchro/ leaver. I will update this after completing a service on the PDK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts