Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this “procedure“ has been mentioned in other threads on here, and discussed on other forums.
Does this sound real ? 6 minutes of idle time ?

Go through this procedure:

1. Turn on the engine, turn off A/C (and any other consumer like PCM, etc.) and let the engine run for 3 minutes.

2. Turn on A/C and wait another 3 minutes.

3. Turn off engine, remove the key, close the car and wait one minute.
4. Restart car and PDK is now reset to factory default

·
Registered
636 Posts
This is what has been written before.

It is such an odd process nobody that I can remember has fessed up and said they have tried it and it works for them.

Do not remember if the procedure was first posted on the 1st April.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure about this process but I've tried one I found online, nothing. Took it to the dealer, they reset 2 times. Now they ordered a new PDK controller that is on it's way over from Germany. Next step if this doesn't work they are replacing the transmission at 1300 miles. . . Needless to say not happy. I have a 2015 911 with the PDK, never had a problem in the 4400 miles I've had that. This issue started at 750 miles. It is a noticeable downshift while stopped and the car lurches forward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In what cases do we need to reset the PDK?

I didn't know even we could reset the PDK setting..

So this “procedure“ has been mentioned in other threads on here, and discussed on other forums.

1. Turn on the engine, turn off A/C (and any other consumer like PCM, etc.) and let the engine run for 3 minutes.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yeah Teddis, where did you come up with this crazy idea in the first place? We all want to know ... does this really exist? Because the "procedure" does seem a little far fetched ... "leave A/C on for 3 minutes, etc."??

·
Super Moderator
1,978 Posts
The procedure listed above came from the Macan UK web site.

I found a Cobb web page that listed a PDK reset procedure, however the Macan is NOT listed
as a vehicle that supports that procedure. And, it assumes one has possession of some sort of
Cobb diagnostics interface. No Cobb? No interface.

So - we're still left with whether this procedure is supported on the Macan.

Perhaps it's not?

>:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone,

I bought a 2016 S 2ith 60k km not too long ago, couple days ago I noticed that the car sometimes has a slight hiccup in first gear around 1800-2000 RPM, only under very light load. The hiccup did not come with any sound, its literally 0,5 seconds or something. It only occurred during sport mode, other modes were really smooth

First I thought it was the Transfer case, however it didn't really had the TC symptoms such as clunking sound or vibration. I did all the test I could find online about the TC such as offroad mode method, reverse and back etc.

Then I started reading about people having the same problems with their Porsches and fixed the problem by resetting the PDK.

I decided to give that a try because why not, I didn't expect much from it but it fixed my stumble surprisingly.

So to everyone who sometimes feel a light stumble etc, if it does not have the typical TC symptoms I suggest you to try out the PDK reset mode, It definitely fixed my and others their problems

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Cayenne and Touareg have a procedure, not quite as goofy but certainly not intuitive to reset the transmission.

That one was something along the lines of "gas pedal to the floor, turn ignition to "on" (not start the car obviously), wait 15 seconds or something like that. Ignition off.

I've run into many odd sequences (like for disabling seat belt chime without touching any wiring for example (Subaru), resetting service minders (Volvo), resetting the stereo security feature (Mazda)

Various dealer options can be enabled. Yes, it's a thing

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Out here in Seattle we send mercenaries up the coast, if the border is open, and have a Saturday night hot coal walk on our bare feet. If the Intuit software update is aligned with the north star and our feet, our Macans will relearn the transmission sequence. The shamans make big money showing this on Antiques Road Show.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Out here in Seattle we send mercenaries up the coast, if the border is open, and have a Saturday night hot coal walk on our bare feet. If the Intuit software update is aligned with the north star and our feet, our Macans will relearn the transmission sequence. The shamans make big money showing this on Antiques Road Show.
In other words, I don't think this stuff works.

·
Registered
8 Posts

That procedure is almost correct, except for one adjustment:

PORSCHE PDK FACTORY RESET PROCEDURE
1. Turn on the engine, turn off A/C (and any other systems like PCM radio etc.) and let the engine run for 3 minutes.
3. Turn off engine, remove the key, close & lock the car and wait one minute.

*To turn off the PCM, Press & Hold the Left button until the PCM shuts down.
This procedure is comfirmed per Porsche document dated: June 7, 2018:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont see why people would make it up lol. There is nothing to gain here except trying to help out people.

Plenty of posts on various forums (uk forum, rennlist , 6 speed etc from people where it did help).

obviously its not some kind of magical procedure to fix all your problems if its truly a problem. However for those with minor pdk hesitations etc it could be the solution such as my case

·
Registered
9 Posts
And for those like me with keyless entree and drive, you do not need to remove the fake key in the ignition. Simply get out the car with the real key and lock the car is enough.

I also think opening doors etc will disrupt the procedure because first time my girlfriend opened the door asking why I’m sitting in my car with the engine on and it did not work.

2nd time without any interruption it worked for me. My light hiccup around 1800-2000 rpm(Light load) in first gear sport mode is gone. Will update later today if its still gone when I use the car

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am sorry for being uninformed, but what would be the purpose of re-setting the PDK? What would I achieve by doing that?

Thanks.
I'm not as well versed on this stuff, but the idea is to re-train the transmission, so the gears shift more or less aggressively based on your driving habits. Someone else will likely explain it better.

I've been considering trying this, because it feels like it holds on to the end of first gear for much longer than needed, almost like a dramatic pause at the end.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not as well versed on this stuff, but the idea is to re-train the transmission, so the gears shift more or less aggressively based on your driving habits. Someone else will likely explain it better.

I've been considering trying this, because it feels like it holds on to the end of first gear for much longer than needed, almost like a dramatic pause at the end.
Force it out of first by pulling the right paddle whether in Normal, Sport or Sport+.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts