Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing the Stage1 91 COBB tune on my 2015 Macan S in the coming days.

I would also like to perform a PDK Reset (see below) to train the auto-shift points more to my liking.

Based on everyone's experience, what method should I follow? If such a method even exists :unsure:

PDK Reset >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving >> COBB Tune Install

PDK Reset + COBB Tune Install w/in Minutes of Each Other >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving

COBB Tune >> Leisurely Driving >> PDK Reset >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving

Thanks everyone!

Registered
Don't have experience in this, just various reading about Cobb tunes but PDK reset makes more sense (to me at least) to be done after you tune and get adjusted to it.
You'll have a better feel for the car with Cobb equipped.

However I don't know how it will behave if you were to uninstall the accessport after training with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So it just fine tunes for the parasitic values of AC & in-gear? (5Nm max per 90 seconds)
I honestly don't know what it does in terms of the technical aspect.

All I know is that I performed --

Option #3: COBB Tune >> Leisurely Driving >> PDK Reset >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving

And I simply can't stop 馃槅

PS: I'll keep everyone posted regarding the PDK training/learning as I put more miles on the car.

Registered
2018 Macan GTS
Apologies for the [dumb] question: In step 1.4, it says " ... and transmission range engaged, ...". What does this mean? Thanks!

Registered
I'm sorry, but I have been under the impression from many forum threads that the Cobb Accessport did not provide any way to alter or improve PDK/transmission behavior....

How are you accomplishing that ??

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Any update ?? I believe there is sooo much potential I鈥檓 missing out on in regards to my 2015 Macan s Cobb 1 -93
After logging nearly 5,000 miles I only noticed a slight improvement in shift patterns.

In other words my butt-o-meter hasn't noticed much of a difference if anything at all.

I too have gotten so used to the OTS COBB tune.

I'll be working with @BGB Motorsports in the coming weeks to create a custom Stage 1 93 tune.

I'll keep you guys posted in my 2015 Porsche Panda S build thread once updates come.

Supporting Vendor
I will be installing the Stage1 91 COBB tune on my 2015 Macan S in the coming days.

I would also like to perform a PDK Reset (see below) to train the auto-shift points more to my liking.

Based on everyone's experience, what method should I follow? If such a method even exists :unsure:

PDK Reset >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving >> COBB Tune Install

PDK Reset + COBB Tune Install w/in Minutes of Each Other >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving

COBB Tune >> Leisurely Driving >> PDK Reset >> Train PDK/Spirited Driving

Thanks everyone!
I don't know if this is going to be required. For the most part, this pertains to when you flash the engine DME with the Porsche computer, it requires you to then flash the PDK DME. When you do that, you supposedly wipe the adaptation values and that's why it wants this process listed above. There is actually another step called the Touchpoint Adaptation that can be carried out on the road or in the shop in Dyno Mode; it requires running the car in the middle of the rev range in the higher gears multiple times for periods of 2 minutes each. Since the Cobb doesn't flash the computer for the trans AND since the Cobb doesn't do a full programming, in theory, it shouldn't require a full calibration.

We do know that it definitely changes the shifting behavior though because I continue to get feedback from a lot of folks who say the shifting tends to change over time. Whether they're upgraded or stock, it seems that the PDK eventually settles in to some sort of behavior and then they notice that when they go to the dealership or change the tune for any reason, the adaptation process starts over and the car shifts differently for a while and then reverts back to whatever it settles in as.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts