Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i purchased my 2016 porsche macan s about 2 years ago it had 31k miles and now i have 52k it is my daily driver i do a oil change every 10000 miles but i have never done a pdk service or spark plug change simply because i havent been advise to nor did a service light or notification come up like it does for oil changes my runs perfectly and transmission is smooth and quick so i see no issue but is it bad if i dont do the pdk service?

·
Premium Member
6,089 Posts
At 52k miles you’d better do both now.

Reactions: Mleibrock

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
hi i purchased my 2016 porsche macan s about 2 years ago it had 31k miles and now i have 52k it is my daily driver i do a oil change every 10000 miles but i have never done a pdk service or spark plug change simply because i havent been advise to nor did a service light or notification come up like it does for oil changes my runs perfectly and transmission is smooth and quick so i see no issue but is it bad if i dont do the pdk service?
Macan Maintenance (page 7).jpg
Macan Maintenance (page 8).jpg
Macan Maintenance (page 9).jpg
Macan Maintenance (page 10).jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sounds likely the reason you have not seen a service notification warning for the PDK/spark plugs yet is because your car received that service once before, perhaps not long before you bought it.

What do the service records of your car indicate?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Also, it would be a mistake with any car not to follow the maintenance schedule just because it’s running fine.
Wow, you can say that again! The whole concept of maintenance is to avoid damage to the car. Don't want to delay it until it's no longer "running perfectly". That can cost you far, far more and end up being much less convenient versus following the maintenance schedule.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts