Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My indy just told me I've got a small TCC leak. 87K well past the warranty. I guess I'm effed...
Had a similar experience with my 2015 Turbo with 55K on clock. Indy spots the leak, calls and I discuss the TCC leak repair with him. Indy advises he reads this forum and suggests I asked Porsche dealership to repair as courtesy. Dealership states they have to get approval from Porsche NA. A day later they indicate approval for no charge repair. 30 days later, I take it in for repair with takes 3 days, but at no cost. They gave me a 2019 Macan S to drive for those 3 days. Very pleased

·
Registered
499 Posts
From Melbourne Australia, my 2016 Macan S (well out of warranty) just had the 2 bolt fix for $500. One bolt on each bank had broken. Replaced with steel bolts. Let hope it holds up.
If the "two bolts" are as shown in this post:

two screw job

the $500 is outrageous

Jules

·
Registered
499 Posts
the $500 cost is for the hours of labor, not the bolts.
Yes, the two screw job is not the two screws shown in the link I inserted above, my error. The official "two" are the ones which require the air filter boxes to be removed for access, so your labor cost, while a bit high, is sort of ok.

The question arises though, why isn't it a "four bolt replacement" given there's examples of the screws failing as in the link I provided to Bingr's post/experience.

Jules

81 - 86 of 86 Posts