Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,201 Posts
It’s tough to get goodwill at 151k miles, I think.

·
Premium Member
7,201 Posts
Maybe if I owned the company they might listen? Did any of you folks get into RACE when it went public?
When did RACE go public? I might be too young still. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
When did RACE go public? I might be too young still. ;)
RACE is the Ferrari separation January 3, 2016. I went to my person that takes care of me in these regards and told her i want to take a fling. Good move for me. One of the better investments over the years. So now I can always tell my friends I still own a Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
7,201 Posts
Well, you are 4 years too late to tell us. :confused:

·
Registered
2016 Mercedes-Benz E350
69 Posts
Yep. I was hoping. I got a BMW too and they need a gasketectomy every 100-150k miles. The seat switch is actually what I’m more upset about. It’s a recall item that I missed by a few cars.
Your issue with Porsche is basically the same as mine. Of all the car brands I've owned and had to deal with their corporate for one reason or another, Porsche is the only one that couldn't even pretend to care. Granted I am not near the loyal customer you have been, but that makes it all the worse.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Your issue with Porsche is basically the same as mine. Of all the car brands I've owned and had to deal with their corporate for one reason or another, Porsche is the only one that couldn't even pretend to care. Granted I am not near the loyal customer you have been, but that makes it all the worse.
That’s Ok. Was looking at a manual CPO Carrera 4S. Now looking at the new Aston Martin vantages with a manual and a Mercedes engine. Same dealership. They have been good to me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just an update it does help if you get your car serviced at the dealership it did for me
They covered the WHOLE repair cost for the timing Chain cover leak.
Great Christmas present for me and for my service advisor

·
Premium Member
7,201 Posts
Was it an out of warranty repair? How many miles and MY?

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
96 Posts
21,000 miles- 6 months out of warranty
They were charging me $1400 then I said no they came back at $700 Then when ready after 2 weeks at dealership SA said they will cover the $700. SA said they have a special fund from Porsche that they used to pay the balance

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Is a known issue... Otherwise they wouldn’t have issued this warranty information below. Not sure why this wasn’t a recall.

I wonder if I would get any coverage for a 6yr 2015 Macan S with 96,000miles. I’ll go to my dealer and ask the question... Have performed a lot of maintenance with them, but some myself.

My issue is not severe, but it is leaking.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
do you have the leak Santrix ?
I noticed a very small oil droplet at the bottom of the engine towards the front (driver’s side) when I was first planning replacement of thermostat. Cleaned it, and after a few weeks when I actually opened things again, it was there again... with some small evidence on the undercarriege coverage. It is not enough to drop to my garage floor, very low rate. I’m willing to live with the leak if this becomes an expensive issue...

But want to explore repair options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed a very small oil droplet at the bottom of the engine towards the front (driver’s side) when I was first planning replacement of thermostat. Cleaned it, and after a few weeks when I actually opened things again, it was there again... with some small evidence on the undercarriege coverage. It is not enough to drop to my garage floor, very low rate. I’m willing to live with the leak if this becomes an expensive issue...

But want to explore repair options.
I discovered the TCC leak (or rather the dealer in Salt Lake did) on my 2016 turbo at 30k under warranty, now have 56k. Leak is slow, never requires oil topped off, never makes it to the floor. My indy expects that the alternator will fail due to oil saturation, but what else do you think could be damaged by oil? I am about 500 miles from a (good) dealer. Talked to Chandler in AZ, they do 2 a week, would be my choice ( always figured you want someone who can about do it in their sleep). SA said Porsche often steps up and covers most of the repair, but no guarantee. Love the car, so capable in all conditions, but not real willing to spend exorbitant amount on a simple design flaw that Porsche really should be covering. Expect they eventually will, but could be a while.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I discovered the TCC leak (or rather the dealer in Salt Lake did) on my 2016 turbo at 30k under warranty, now have 56k. Leak is slow, never requires oil topped off, never makes it to the floor. My indy expects that the alternator will fail due to oil saturation, but what else do you think could be damaged by oil? I am about 500 miles from a (good) dealer. Talked to Chandler in AZ, they do 2 a week, would be my choice ( always figured you want someone who can about do it in their sleep). SA said Porsche often steps up and covers most of the repair, but no guarantee. Love the car, so capable in all conditions, but not real willing to spend exorbitant amount on a simple design flaw that Porsche really should be covering. Expect they eventually will, but could be a while.
i don't understand, it was discovered under warranty but never fixed?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Who is "they?" Scottsdale Porsche or Porsche Chandler?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts