Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
55 Posts
Hi;
2017 Macan do have Car play; but it is not wireless capable. You need to use a Cable plugged into the USB for it to work. It is possible the USB plug has gone bad; also, some people had complained that aftermarket cables don't work and need to use apple original cables. Good luck.
Also; you can buy one of this once you figure the issue https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TVL9XP9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
so, you could have wireless car play on the vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 & 2017 Macan S, 2013 Boxster S
55 Posts
So I have tried with Apple original USB cable and still doesn't connect... always the same message.
Meanwhile I have spoked with the previous owner where he had mentioned that CarPlay never really worked, so he has assumed this model MY2017 had no carPlay (wireless and wired). Anyone with a 2017 model to confirm it actually works (wired)?

View attachment 260263
I ordered my 2017 at the end of 2016. I remember that for the S model Car play was a non-standard option on the vehicle at a cost of $1,200.00 on top of navigation. Don't remember if it was standard on the turbo. I will suggest for you to enter your vin# on www.vinanalytics.com and find the true options that your car was built with.
If it was not factory equipped on the vehicle just contact member Simaservice on the board, he can activate Carplay remotely over the internet on your vehicle for a fee. That is what I did last year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.