Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Newbie here - new to Macan but have had few other Porsche before..
Just got a 2017 Macan Turbo 3.6 and enjoying it so far - planning to Racing Red wrap and small other mods...

My 2017 Macan turbo comes with the PCM 3.1 and Car Play doesn't connect - have tried different iPhone, restart the devices, used 3 different USB lighting cables, have have deleted all on PCM, have done the hard reset with 10 seconds procedure that I have read here and have searched more in this cool forum but couldn't find a way to connect it... the PCM info message is on the below screenshot and also the firmware version...

I also noticed that local FM radio stations dont display their Logo or any small thumbnail just plain text, no sure if if connected?

Edit: My iPhone is connected via Bluetooth for Audio and also BT for calls - both working fine. The only issue is the Car Play which doesn't connect...

What do you advise me to do?
Automotive design Steering wheel Audio equipment Personal luxury car Radio

SW version and device manager:
Automotive design Plant Vehicle Audio equipment Radio

Gadget Flat panel display Font Display device Multimedia

Thanks!
C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like PCM 4 to me (similar to my 2018). My phone driver version is 10.593.998. You’re connecting to the USB in the center console (not sure how many USB ports in the 2017 - my 2018 has ones in the back that only charge)? Does it start charging the phone? If no charge maybe a fuse is blown?
The first message you see is showing it’s not recognizing anything connected to the USB.
Thanks for checking your Phone driver SW version! is there any way to update the PCM itself or any of the drivers to a more recent version at least??

My Turbo 2017 has PCM 3.1 and only comes with 1x USB inside center console . Yes, it does charge the iPhone but doesnt connect CarPlay... I have done the reset and restart while trying few USB cables... will try with brand new genuine from Apple to see if any luck..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi;
2017 Macan do have Car play; but it is not wireless capable. You need to use a Cable plugged into the USB for it to work. It is possible the USB plug has gone bad; also, some people had complained that aftermarket cables don't work and need to use apple original cables. Good luck.
Also; you can buy one of this once you figure the issue https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TVL9XP9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
so, you could have wireless car play on the vehicle.

yes 2 of the 3 cables I have tried are NOT Apple ones.. the 3rd one I assumed it was (mainly because its white and no brand)... I have a original USB from Apple, will try tomorrow and hopefully it will connect.. with all the other cables I could charge the iPhone with no issues..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I have tried with Apple original USB cable and still doesn't connect... always the same message.
Meanwhile I have spoked with the previous owner where he had mentioned that CarPlay never really worked, so he has assumed this model MY2017 had no carPlay (wireless and wired). Anyone with a 2017 model to confirm it actually works (wired)?

Automotive design Plant Radio Steering wheel Audio equipment

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered my 2017 at the end of 2016. I remember that for the S model Car play was a non-standard option on the vehicle at a cost of $1,700.00 on top of navigation. Don't remember if it was standard on the turbo. I will suggest for you to enter your vin# on www.vinanalytics.com and find the true options that your car was built with.
If it was not factory equipped on the vehicle just contact member Simaservice on the board, he can activate Carplay remotely over the internet on your vehicle for a fee. That is what I did last year.

Thank you 'torresfe' - just done the VIN check and actually the ConnectPlus is not on option list purchased option by first owner... have sent a PM to SimaService to look for his solution! Will keep you posted - thanks

I have a MY2017 GTS. CarPlay works. Does your Macan have the Connect Plus (Car Play included) option installed ?
Just got confirmation it doesnt, hence not working .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.