Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I removed both front door panels on my 26k km macan s, and sound insulated everything possible in them.
Main problem was a big plastic part that covers access to the window. assembly.

They were both rattleing like **** when music was little over mid level.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
So I have a rattle coming from passenger door when bass music is played (at medium level). I took it to local dealership and they basically told me to GTFO. Is there any recourse? Sounds like BS to me. I contacted Porsche NAM with the same question waiting for their reply but would like to see if any advice will be given here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have same rattles at certain frequencies. I was hoping it would be covered the next time I brought my CPO Macan in. I guess not after reading your experience. Search this forum for other threads on similar rattle and what was done behind the panels to correct.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I have same rattles at certain frequencies. I was hoping it would be covered the next time I brought my CPO Macan in. I guess not after reading your experience. Search this forum for other threads on similar rattle and what was done behind the panels to correct.
Well, I don't mind to DIY and would normally do this if not CPO. Something like this not being covered under CPO sound like BS to me.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
If you carefully read your CPO warranty I can see them taking the position that rattles are not covered. But if the speaker itself is rattling because it's damaged, it absolutely should be covered.

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
The invoice shown above states the rattle is coming from the door panel - not the speaker.

I know I've read at least one thread in which a forum member described how he resolved a rattle coming from the door. I thought it
was from the driver's door though.

:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
There are already five (5) door rattle threads. Two specifically are about the passenger side door, one is related to bass.
Two have to do with the driver's side door, one which describes a fix.

So much for searching before creating a new thread.

Merging those with this one.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
There are already five (5) door rattle threads. Two specifically are about the passenger side door, one is related to bass.
Two have to do with the driver's side door, one which describes a fix.

So much for searching before creating a new thread.

Merging those with this one.
Thank you. You are helpful as usual. (y) How does searching help me with my particular question if there is any recourse with denied CPO fix? :unsure: I am not asking how to fix. I am asking how to make dealer fix it.

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
Thank you. You are helpful as usual. (y) How does searching help me with my particular question if there is any recourse with denied CPO fix? :unsure: I am not asking how to fix. I am asking how to make dealer fix it.

It's not clear you're going to be able to force the dealer to fix the issue. The warranty contains the following:

It also recommends that, if you're not satisfied you can take your issue to the dealership's General Manager. The next step would be
arbitration, again as spelled out in the warranty documentation.

Actually reading the warranty documentation reveals a wealth of information.

Have you tried escalating with the dealerhsip?

You're welcome.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
So I called Porsche corporate and they basically told me to eat dirt. Dealership suggested they they can try to diagnose the rattle for $500 and then whatever it takes to fix on top of that. I am going to fix the rattle myself and pay $500 as a bonus for one of my employees. That's money well spent. So far for Porsche CPO.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I’m sure you can fix yourself. And I can see why they word the CPO warranty that way. My issue is with speaker rattle and dealer will fix only because I am under original warranty.
I would generally agree that occasional squeak and rattle is fine and may be too much of a hassle to fix under CPO but what I have is a defect which is just poor design. I am not sure if I should push this further by involving a lawyer just on principle but at this point I totally disagree with Porsche's approach not to fix this issue under CPO.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Just fixed it. Took me literally 15 minutes. 3 bolts 10 cents worth of felt tape. This job is 0 out of 10.

This black rubber panel was rattling. I added some felt tape and rattle is gone. I can't believe Porsche is so cheap not to fix this chit in 15 minutes and 10 cents. This is just ridiculous business running practices and would be much more beneficial for the dealership to spend 15 minutes and 10 cents to fix this under CPO and have a happy customer and now customer thinks they are cheap.

I spent more time negotiating with dealership and Porsche corporate than I did fixing it. And they wanted $500 just to look into this. Would've probably added $1000 on top of that for the felt tape. I hate dealerships dearly and this interaction just reinforces my attitude.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just fixed it. Took me literally 15 minutes. 3 bolts 10 cents worth of felt tape. This job is 0 out of 10.

This black rubber panel was rattling. I added some felt tape and rattle is gone. I can't believe Porsche is so cheap not to fix this chit in 15 minutes and 10 cents. This is just ridiculous business running practices and would be much more beneficial for the dealership to spend 15 minutes and 10 cents to fix this under CPO and have a happy customer and now customer thinks they are cheap.

I spent more time negotiating with dealership and Porsche corporate than I did fixing it. And they wanted $500 just to look into this. Would've probably added $1000 on top of that for the felt tape. I hate dealerships dearly and this interaction just reinforces my attitude.

Great job! Would like to try this as well as I have a rattle in my door. Any instructions around on how to pull off the whole door panel?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts