Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting symptom -- I get a slight distortion/compression/resonance in my driver's door speaker with some human speech. I do not listen to much (if any music) that has overly prominent bass, and I do not crank the volume up so much that the people in the next county can hear me.
I have adjusted the fader to slightly rear bias in order to take the stress off that speaker, but to no avail.
I cannot understand why it would be excluded from warranty coverage.
Indeed, I went to talk to service rep again. it was a different person telling a different story this time. He basically said that its under a 1 year coverage. and after that depends on like if its factory defect that causes rattle. They have to take a look to decide. I have no idea where in warranty manual particularly contains door.

I am going to take my car for a check next monday and see how it goes. Do they charge on inspection too? I brought up three issues. Other two are transfer case jerky motion between shift 1 and 2, and rear cupholder failed to extract. althought all of them are minor issues but they are annoying:(

Its gonna be my second time to fix cupholder issue since July when i got my car.

and mine is a 2016 Macan S.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks guys for the advice. Service is scheduled on next Monday. Not sure if i will be charged on that thou. Mine is not a CPO car and i bought it from a used car dealer. 28k miles 2016 blue Macan S with 20" RS spider wheels. I like it overall. Wish i could get a GTS and with more features but mine does the work haha.

All the three problems are really really small i guess previous owner didnt really care.

Door rattles only when i crank up some music with strong bass. rear cupholder isnt really a thing for driver i guess? And jerky motion can be barely noticed unless i slowly accelerate on a flat road. Its like it skips 2-4 hundred rpms between 1st and 2nd shift.

Hopefully they will fix all of them!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My 2015 S passenger door/speaker rattles when playing heavy music/bass. I just turn the vol. down a bit. My Macan has the base audio system.

The thought of taking the door panel off scares me. It may cause more trouble than solutions. I have taken off enough car door panels and not one of them went back on like nothing happened.
now i am afraid of asking the dealer for an inspection! Maybe i should just ignore it and turn the volume down a bit.:|

·
Registered
40 Posts
Stupid question, but I will ask anyway. Is it at all possible that something is rattling around inside the door storage packet?

I am not familiar with how the Canadian warranty might differ from the warranty in the United States, but clearly here a defective speaker would be covered under the warranty.

I am making the assumption that since you are a student you are young. Could this be a case of a dealer trying to take advantage of a young, inexperienced customer? Which dealer is this? No doubt some of our Canadian friends would be interested in the customer service levels at the different dealers.

Love your screenname. If I owned a Porsche when I was a student, I would have been broke too!
That was my initial question too. But i checked the slot and nothing was stored there.

Thats exactly what i am thinking too. There is only one dealer in Ottawa called Mark Motors. First owner bought this car from Pfaff Porsche in Toronto. I had a pleasing experience when i picked up the car and went there for rear cupholder repair.

The previous owner also did an intermediate maintenance at dealer before sold it at 45000 km, which really surprised me. New front brakes, new spark plugs. All i have to do next time is PDK fluid and oil change :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I hear what you are saying, but this sounds like more than a minor squeak or rattle.

Unless the door was somehow damaged due to something unrelated to the sound system, there’s no way that should be happening, even if the car is three or four years old.

I would nicely push back at the dealer level, and if they won’t fix it correctly, escalate to PCNA if need be.

Sounds like a plan! What is PCNA btw?

Should i prepared to pick up my car on Monday? Like if they say its not covered. I will bring it in in the morning and come back later that day afternoon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Should i prepared to pick up my car on Monday? Like if they say its not covered. I will bring it in in the morning and come back later that day afternoon.
You should talk to them about it when you drop the car off, assuming you have a decent Service Advisor they should be able to tell you up front if it is covered or not... my guess based on some experience is they will not cover the door rattle, the cupholder is TBD (depends if it is due to defect or damage), but they should look at the jerky motion thing you've described although hard to say if that is an issue or by design.

Worth taking it in either way, the worst that can happen is they confirm the items are covered or not by the existing warranty.

·
Registered
40 Posts
went to the dealer yesterday.

they basically removed the door trim panel. Applied felt tape and warapped the plastic bracket to pull the trim tighter to the door shell. A vibration is still present but its amplitude has significantly dropped. So i am happy about it.

for transfer case, since mine was only a tiny little bit slipping (sudden acceleration in rev between 1-2k). Unluckily it was hard to generate a relatively noticeable jerky motion again. And they didnt find any fault code. The mechanics was explaining like PDK is close to a manual transmission therefore some slipping at low speed in lower gear is normal... (big question mark) i never test drived another macan so i dont know.

I guess it should be fine for now unless its getting worse.

any thoughts fellows?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update:

all covered under warranty. Cant duplicate jerky motion on site so they say transfer case should be fine for now. They reinforced the passenger door and it reduced rattle significantly. For cup holder, they took one from a loan car. Spring inside was broken.

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
So the dealer didn't take apart the door panel? If so, I am going to let my dealer do that too.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Update: . . .Cant duplicate jerky motion on site so they say transfer case should be fine for now. . .
It is good that the dealer has noted this; you should be covered if it worsens in the future (hope it doesn't, but still. . .)

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
I am pretty sure Porsche will offer some goodwill on the Macan transfer case repair out of warranty in the future. It is a well known issue.

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
Just push for them to pay! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My 2015 S passenger door/speaker rattles when playing heavy music/bass. I just turn the vol. down a bit. My Macan has the base audio system.

The thought of taking the door panel off scares me. It may cause more trouble than solutions. I have taken off enough car door panels and not one of them went back on like nothing happened.
60 second Macan door trim removal !

·
Super Moderator
4,173 Posts
A number of members here have experienced a similar issue. As I recall, most were fixed under warranty. You can have a read through the following threads for more information. One member even discusses fixing it himself.
Best of luck getting it resolved.

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/52641-vibration-passenger-door.html

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/117401-door-panel-rattle-burmester.html

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/electronics/143474-10-minute-diy-fix-bose-door-rattle.html

See?

SoCal55 knows how to use the search tool!

OP - you too can use the search tool in order to see if someone else has previously posted an issue
similar to the one you're having.

To paraphrase the "Google is your friend" advisory, "Search is your friend".

;)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was getting a very annoying rattle from the door/trim insert in my macan from music and the occasional bump. I tried to stuff some felt behind the trim, which worked for about 3 days. I bit the bullet and pulled the trim. The trim is clips only. I found it best to use 3 trim tools. One inserted at the bottom of the trim, and two at the top. I would leap-frog the top two trim tools, and slide the bottom one along with it. It's NOT easy and it takes a lot of time and patience. I probably make 7-8 passes before the first clip came loose. For me, it seemed the rearward clip wanted to come first.

I almost immediately discovered the culprit once I had the trim off. I could see 3 torx screws behind the door panel, the rearward one was not tight (circled in the photo beneath). I then proceeded to apply Tesa tape to the door panel, as well as the trim piece itself (arrows/dots in yellow). The only real area of caution when removing the trim piece is the 2 hooks (circled in green) . Once you have the trim seperate from the panel, it has to slide rearward before you can proceed to pull it straight out.

If anyone else is having this problem, I hope it helps.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts