Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a thread about rattle on the drivers side but my rattle is on the passenger side. It comes and goes so I have not been able to pinpoint the location of the rattle.

Any suggestions as to where I should look.

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
Had what I thought was same thing ... was sure it was the front passenger door. Was in today for some coding and they fixed the rattle ... felt tape on contact points under the hood. Worth checking out old threads on this.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Reactions: PMSA7

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
My car rattles all over the place. After a couple dealership visits, the car still rattles. I figure it's better just to live with the rattles instead of them trying to fix them all, which I doubt they ever will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On mine, the aluminum trim above the door handle is the source of the rattle. I am taking the car in to the dealership in 2 weeks for them to remove and reattach the trim to see whether that would help remove the rattle.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just went out and checked the aluminum trim and it was solid BUT when I pressed down on the fake brown wood trim just above the door handle I could push in on the wood and hear a dull sweak. Went to the drivers side and nothing.

I wonder how hard it is for the dealer to take the fake wood off and put some type of shim in it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found Right Side Rattle

Found the source of my rattle. Opened the hood and found that next to the headlight there is a small plastic panel held on by one of those plastic screws. It rubs against the rubber seal on the headlight. If you pull it out a little you can look down in to the opening and see a metal piece. What happens is the plastic panel vibrates against this metal piece. As a test, I took electricians tape and taped the plastic panel to the rubber seal next to the headlight. It stopped the vibration against the metal. I'm going to test it for a week then take it to the dealer to get it fixed properly.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yikes!!!!

Unfortunately the Macan is truely a rattle trap.
:(

I don't anticipate owning this car very long. Disappointing because other than the rattles, I really like the Macan.

I see a thread about rattle on the drivers side but my rattle is on the passenger side. It comes and goes so I have not been able to pinpoint the location of the rattle.

Any suggestions as to where I should look.

Thanks
I started a thread about rattles. You can check here: http://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/64209-very-annoying-rattle-noise-drivers-side-13.html

The Macan is an amazing car but unfortunately it comes with rattles that I did not check on the configurator. :(
My car rattles all over the place. After a couple dealership visits, the car still rattles. I figure it's better just to live with the rattles instead of them trying to fix them all, which I doubt they ever will.
On mine, the aluminum trim above the door handle is the source of the rattle. I am taking the car in to the dealership in 2 weeks for them to remove and reattach the trim to see whether that would help remove the rattle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi all,

When shutting the drivers door, there is a very slight rattle or clacking noise (from the window?). I took it back to the dealer and he said the noise was normal. The passenger door on the other hand closes with a beautifully smooth "thump".

It is not a major shake but I can just feel that it is not as it should be. Anyone else with this small but irritating "problem"?

I can't seem to be able to attach the sound recordings (driver's door and passenger door). :(

Thanks!

CHH22
Montreal

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree, it's NOT normal but I am just worried that if I hand the car in for them to check thoroughly (which will inevitably entail them removing the door panels), this may result in further issues down the line...:eek:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Apparently my passenger door creates a loud resonant noise when I play some music that has a relatively strong bass(not too strong). When it hits a certain frequency, my door will rattle. It is really annoying. It significantly decreased when i held the passenger door lol.

Not sure if its some dumper issue or door defect. I talked to a local porsche dealer (i didnt get my car there), they said its not covered under warranty. But i checked warranty manual, there is no section saying that this failure is not covered.

Should i go back again and debate it for a free inspection and repair hopefully?

Need help and suggestions please!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Interesting symptom -- I get a slight distortion/compression/resonance in my driver's door speaker with some human speech. I do not listen to much (if any music) that has overly prominent bass, and I do not crank the volume up so much that the people in the next county can hear me.
I have adjusted the fader to slightly rear bias in order to take the stress off that speaker, but to no avail.
I cannot understand why it would be excluded from warranty coverage.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Stupid question, but I will ask anyway. Is it at all possible that something is rattling around inside the door storage packet?

I am not familiar with how the Canadian warranty might differ from the warranty in the United States, but clearly here a defective speaker would be covered under the warranty.

I am making the assumption that since you are a student you are young. Could this be a case of a dealer trying to take advantage of a young, inexperienced customer? Which dealer is this? No doubt some of our Canadian friends would be interested in the customer service levels at the different dealers.

Love your screenname. If I owned a Porsche when I was a student, I would have been broke too!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a little bit of this as well in my 2015 Macan S I just picked up on the weekend... it has the base CDR+ stereo which I'm surprised to say isn't that bad with MP3s via USB. With some particular frequencies at a certain volume I get some rattles from the passenger door but I chalked it up to it being a German vehicle. I've had the same issue in our Golf R and in past BMWs as well as my 911... in that case I have the Burmester system so it solves itself when I turn up the volume. :D

If your Macan is newer have the dealer take a look at it but if you're 6+ months old they'll likely say that squeaks/rattles aren't covered anymore.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If your Macan is newer have the dealer take a look at it but if you're 6+ months old they'll likely say that squeaks/rattles aren't covered anymore.
I hear what you are saying, but this sounds like more than a minor squeak or rattle.

Unless the door was somehow damaged due to something unrelated to the sound system, there’s no way that should be happening, even if the car is three or four years old.

I would nicely push back at the dealer level, and if they won’t fix it correctly, escalate to PCNA if need be.

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
My 2015 S passenger door/speaker rattles when playing heavy music/bass. I just turn the vol. down a bit. My Macan has the base audio system.

The thought of taking the door panel off scares me. It may cause more trouble than solutions. I have taken off enough car door panels and not one of them went back on like nothing happened.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
....Should i go back again and debate it for a free inspection and repair hopefully?....
A number of members here have experienced a similar issue. As I recall, most were fixed under warranty. You can have a read through the following threads for more information. One member even discusses fixing it himself.
Best of luck getting it resolved.

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/52641-vibration-passenger-door.html

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/complaints/117401-door-panel-rattle-burmester.html

https://www.macanforum.com/forum/electronics/143474-10-minute-diy-fix-bose-door-rattle.html

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 20 of 79 Posts