Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
There is a thread where a member tinted his side markers. They came out nice. Hmm, maybe tint the airbag light. As I had my V1 wired into the overhead console, I've had that piece down. It's very easy to pop down the plastic housing that the offending light is in, and the light is in a thin plastic unit that comes right out, connected by a small cable. Tinting it would be very easy and would look a heck of a lot better than a piece of tape. One could also try just disconnecting the cable to the light but that might give an airbag warning light on dash.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have some clear 3M material that I could easily apply and peel off when needed...same stuff used to protect against road rash. I'm going to give that a shot along with a colored Sharpie. I'll try blue as Blue+Yellow should give me a nice green that's much less obtrusive.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'd suggest a small piece of black electrical tape over the offending light...problem solved!

That being said, if you're that easily distracted by a little light, heaven help us if you're trying to operate the radio, cruise control, etc. while driving.

My nighttime Macan looks like an F-16 cockpit with its many lights. Never been distracted by them...
Those of us with strong light sensitivity and good peripheral vision find it distracting. The fact that you light up the cockpit like a Christmas tree is almost certainly reducing your ability to see objects on the road to some small degree. Just think about how your eyes adjust in a dark room. I always run the dimmer very low and frequently turn off the PCM screen at night. It keeps your pupils open wider and makes everything you're seeing on the road comparatively brighter. The mirror light is also really annoying but as someone else said, a little piece of electrical tape does the job.

·
Registered
169 Posts
2016 Macan S goes on for a minute or two then goes off for a few more minutes maybe more, the comes on again for a minute give or take. This is with a passenger, I haven't noticed if it does the same thing without a passenger.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do you have anything on the seat maybe (briefcase etc) . That shouldn't happen. Hopefully they will pull a code from computer and correct it. Although I would look in the book and see if it is in fact not normal.
Maybe someone who has their car out can see if they all do that, I never noticed and don t drive mine daily.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts