Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Porsche Macan S PNBKA392
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have configured a 2022 Macan S but am confused between exterior colors between Papaya and Jet Black Metallic. I know color is a personal choice but am thinking about implication to resale value. Are there usually takers for Papaya color? Which one would you buy if you were buying one?

·
Registered
2022 GTS ordered PNNX4X91
43 Posts
Monochrome being white, silver, grey or black are always safe resale colour options. However, when I was looking to buy a pre-owned Macan, the included options were more important to me. In Australia most pre-owned models were either severely lacking in options and/or the pre-owned price was similar to new, hence why I decided to order a MY2022 model. That said, the papaya does look hot and I did consider it for quite a while.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Monochrome being white, silver, grey or black are always safe resale colour options. However, when I was looking to buy a pre-owned Macan, the included options were more important to me. In Australia most pre-owned models were either severely lacking in options and/or the pre-owned price was similar to new, hence why I decided to order a MY2022 model. That said, the papaya does look hot and I did consider it for quite a while.
My build code PNXB5YY1 - Most definitely will add Adaptive air suspension to this

·
Registered
2022 Macan S PNXXS434
214 Posts
My build code PNXB5YY1 - Most definitely will add Adaptive air suspension to this
Nice spec. If you add air suspension , price up a GTS as well, as your getting close to GTS prices. I am a fan of the Papaya, it looks vibrant without being flashy, so may hold its appeal. Remember to spec the car for yourself not the next guy. And bonus you'll be able to spot it in the carpark:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice spec. If you add air suspension , price up a GTS as well, as your getting close to GTS prices. I am a fan of the Papaya, it looks vibrant without being flashy, so may hold its appeal. Remember to spec the car for yourself not the next guy. And bonus you'll be able to spot it in the carpark:)
Thank you. I did price up a GTS and its about $10k more with specs I need

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
I have configured a 2022 Macan S but am confused between exterior colors between Papaya and Jet Black Metallic. I know color is a personal choice but am thinking about implication to resale value. Are there usually takers for Papaya color? Which one would you buy if you were buying one?
I love the jet black . I've owned three Macan with it. Here are two of them - PS .. Third is in my avatar 2018
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any day Papaya if you are ordering and you like the color. This color won’t be there forever - like they stopped Mamba green. All lot cars are in grey, black, white. There’s tons of them in market, on the road, at every dealer lot. You will always get the money worth for exclusive colors while reselling. Most importantly, buy the color you love and not what the next person will like when you sell the car. It’s Porsche after all. ;)

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
28 Posts
I've had several black cars but I just didn't think the Macan looked good in black. It makes the many good black trim items disappear, particularly on the front end. But for sure: get what you like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had several black cars but I just didn't think the Macan looked good in black. It makes the many good black trim items disappear, particularly on the front end. But for sure: get what you like.
Agree. Noticed after your comment

·
Premium Member
2020 Macan GTS
82 Posts
I would always opt for papaya, regardless of resale, I just hate black cars, get the color you want, impossible to predict resale market.

Reactions: rasetsu

·
Registered
651 Posts
There's always a buyer for every color. Please don't select a color for the next buyer. There is no shortage of supply in black, white, and gray cars ordered by dealership general managers for their lot inventories. But customer ordered ones in colors that only run for a couple of years before getting moved to the five dollar figure paint to sample list are special and just wait for the right buyer to come along. I will always take any other color over black. Especially when it comes to curvaceous cars like Porsches.

·
Premium Member
4,148 Posts
Papaya. (y)

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
257 Posts
Interesting, I like black for the opposite reason...so all the black plastic and black trim pieces blend in for a more uniform or cohesive appearance.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Depends ... do you want others to notice you immediately or potentially not until it's too late ?

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Interesting, I like black for the opposite reason...so all the black plastic and black trim pieces blend in for a more uniform or cohesive appearance.
Agree with you 100%. I hate the black plastic that has been attached to all cars and the latest model Macan has brought that to more of an extreme.If Porsche can’t paint the parts hide the plastic with a matching color. Amazing that my wife’s Audi SQ5 doesn’t have all that black plastic cladding.

No thank you to the latest model, I was disappointed with all the plastic when I purchased my Macan in 2015 now it’s even worse.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you everyone. I decided to go with Night Blue so that the black plastic accents on exterior can be seen vs blending into Jet Black metallic

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thank you everyone. I decided to go with Night Blue so that the black plastic accents on exterior can be seen vs blending into Jet Black metallic
Dark colors like night blue or jet black look good on Porsches. However, they are a pain to keep clean. I loved my jet black 2017 and it looked beautiful (for about 30 minutes) after a wash but this time around I went with papaya. I'm looking forward to driving a dusty car that maybe isn't so demanding to keep clean.

Reactions: wspollack
1 - 20 of 25 Posts