Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I only like latest rear end, but thx anyway. '
I agree . When I saw the previous gen I thought more about some of the guys who are shopping used Macan GTS and Turbos which are priced at that same range . The Panamera really takes the hugest hit .

I actually think 17 and 18 are the sweet spot . I looked at what new ones cost .... sheesh 168 , 172 , its outrageous .

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I saw the Rusnak car . Too many miles to ask that price . The ones that we found that got snagged are the best bang so far . They have one at Perimeter (a 17) that;'s about 5K too high (at 97K) .

That very first one that I found at Champion (Gt silver and black interior) at 92 K wa s such a buy . It was gone the next day.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I saw the Rusnak car . Too many miles to ask that price . The ones that we found that got snagged are the best bang so far . They have one at Perimeter (a 17) that;'s about 5K too high (at 97K) .

That very first one that I found at Champion (Gt silver and black interior) at 92 K wa s such a buy . It was gone the next day.
yeah. It’s loaded though ($202k MSRP) and in chalk. I’d want Burmester and only a few come with it. I’d want a loaded chalk one

Reactions: yrralis1

·
Registered
952 Posts
I wish I had posted up when I saw it (but I’m sure it was before this thread started), but I remember a few months ago (I think) I saw a Panny Turbo posted that was absolutely ridiculous... I cannot remember the year, but I vaguely think maybe a 2016...? The car was STUNNING. Dark blue with tan interior... AND IT ONLY HAD LIKE 25K MILES ON IT... maybe not even that much. The price was incredible. Even my wife thought it was too good to be true and couldn’t understand why it was priced so low when it was originally a $150K+ car. I told her, that’s just the way the Pannys are... they depreciate quickly. Man, that car was SO nice... and it was such an incredible deal. I think it already had a sale pending when I found/saw it. But still... I think I even considered calling them the next day to put a backup deposit on it, just in case. But I can’t do a Panamera for an everyday driver (nor can my wife). It just doesn’t work for us currently.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
But I can’t do a Panamera for an everyday driver (nor can my wife). It just doesn’t work for us currently.
I don't know whether you need a CUV for hauling stuff, or maybe ground clearance issues, or what ... but for my wife and (especially) me, hoo boy, I need a higher seat than the Panny (and certainly, unfortunately, a 911 or a Cayman) provides. You happen to see my post Just got my order slot confirmed for this. December build. ?

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I wish I had posted up when I saw it (but I’m sure it was before this thread started), but I remember a few months ago (I think) I saw a Panny Turbo posted that was absolutely ridiculous... I cannot remember the year, but I vaguely think maybe a 2016...? The car was STUNNING. Dark blue with tan interior... AND IT ONLY HAD LIKE 25K MILES ON IT... maybe not even that much. The price was incredible. Even my wife thought it was too good to be true and couldn’t understand why it was priced so low when it was originally a $150K+ car. I told her, that’s just the way the Pannys are... they depreciate quickly. Man, that car was SO nice... and it was such an incredible deal. I think it already had a sale pending when I found/saw it. But still... I think I even considered calling them the next day to put a backup deposit on it, just in case. But I can’t do a Panamera for an everyday driver (nor can my wife). It just doesn’t work for us currently.
My dealership has a low mile CPO 4S in that combination .

http:////the-collection.ebizautos.com/details-2018-porsche-panamera-4s-used-certified-wp0ab2a73jl132160.html

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
The last time I had 4 or 5 people in my vehicle was August 2019 while vacationing through Utah and Colorado, and that was my son, daughter, and son in law.

In this Covid era, hardly anyone is going to work, let alone car pooling. 4 people in a vehicle just isn't happening unless they are all family members. People are barely riding Uber any longer. They aren't going anywhere, and if they are, it's by themselves.

As for M5 v Panamera, I'm probably the only one here who has owned both.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tech in either car. The so-called soft touch haptic feedback buttons on the Panamera are the same as the real buttons on a 911 or Macan, just a different implementation. Yes, the Panamera has/had that stupid way of electronically "steering" the center vent. Simple solution. Grab ahold of it and move it with your hand any way you wish. Problem solved. Everything else works exactly the same as any other modern Porsche. Steering wheel buttons are the same, suspension adjust buttons the same, sport exhaust the same, just flat on dumb gloss black and not a "real" button.

Now as for the M5 v the Panamera on track, tell me, who here in this thread has tracked their vehicle? Who? And if you have, how many times? I'm not bragging, you know me better, but I've done it 11 times. So what? Do you think it matters in real life to the car buyer how fast the car they are buying ripped around the Nurburging? Even if you do track your vehicle, do you think you could drive it anywhere near as fast as those incredibly talented, death-defying drivers? If you haven't watch them do laps. They are within a hair's width of death or serious injury.

The M5 is a lot easier to get in and out of than a Panamera, and my Panny had the air suspension so you could raise it to do so.

The Panny I had was the 4, not the S. Most here know how many vehicles I've foolishly gone through. Had mine been the S, it may very well have been a keeper. I test drove an S before buying mine. At the time there had been a fire in an engine factory and the S was basically unavailable everywhere. The S I test drove was considerably seat-of-the-pants faster than both my Macan Turbos. I mean it felt like it would dust them.

My current M5 is in another league when it comes to acceleration. How can one compare 600 hp to 400 or 450?

I invite any one of you (not 4 of you) to come drive my M5. If the acceleration doesn't make you sick to your stomach AND blur your vision, you're a better man than me. And I'm not speaking of coming close to flooring it, as I never have. I've also never used the launch control as I understand it's not intuitive like Porsche and I just can't be bothered to figure it out.

I drove my Panamera aggressively on on and off ramps. The stability control was overzealous, you could feel it wanting to slide out which it didn't. I never felt it handled that well. Now we are comparing cars that cost between 100-110, not a Panny Turbo that's over 150 or even 200k.

The tech on the BMWs are also in another league. The surround cameras move. Until you see it you wouldn't believe it. As I pull into my garage the view sweeps down to show you a picture like you've never seen in your surround view Porsche, forgetting about how much Porsche charges for that.

Porsches IMHO are more reliable than a M5, though I've had no issues with any of mine.

I do miss my 911 and one day will have another, but more likely a Cayman GTS.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
The last time I had 4 or 5 people in my vehicle was August 2019 while vacationing through Utah and Colorado, and that was my son, daughter, and son in law.

In this Covid era, hardly anyone is going to work, let alone car pooling. 4 people in a vehicle just isn't happening unless they are all family members. People are barely riding Uber any longer. They aren't going anywhere, and if they are, it's by themselves.

As for M5 v Panamera, I'm probably the only one here who has owned both.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the tech in either car. The so-called soft touch haptic feedback buttons on the Panamera are the same as the real buttons on a 911 or Macan, just a different implementation. Yes, the Panamera has/had that stupid way of electronically "steering" the center vent. Simple solution. Grab ahold of it and move it with your hand any way you wish. Problem solved. Everything else works exactly the same as any other modern Porsche. Steering wheel buttons are the same, suspension adjust buttons the same, sport exhaust the same, just flat on dumb gloss black and not a "real" button.

Now as for the M5 v the Panamera on track, tell me, who here in this thread has tracked their vehicle? Who? And if you have, how many times? I'm not bragging, you know me better, but I've done it 11 times. So what? Do you think it matters in real life to the car buyer how fast the car they are buying ripped around the Nurburging? Even if you do track your vehicle, do you think you could drive it anywhere near as fast as those incredibly talented, death-defying drivers? If you haven't watch them do laps. They are within a hair's width of death or serious injury.

The M5 is a lot easier to get in and out of than a Panamera, and my Panny had the air suspension so you could raise it to do so.

The Panny I had was the 4, not the S. Most here know how many vehicles I've foolishly gone through. Had mine been the S, it may very well have been a keeper. I test drove an S before buying mine. At the time there had been a fire in an engine factory and the S was basically unavailable everywhere. The S I test drove was considerably seat-of-the-pants faster than both my Macan Turbos. I mean it felt like it would dust them.

My current M5 is in another league when it comes to acceleration. How can one compare 600 hp to 400 or 450?

I invite any one of you (not 4 of you) to come drive my M5. If the acceleration doesn't make you sick to your stomach AND blur your vision, you're a better man than me. And I'm not speaking of coming close to flooring it, as I never have. I've also never used the launch control as I understand it's not intuitive like Porsche and I just can't be bothered to figure it out.

I drove my Panamera aggressively on on and off ramps. The stability control was overzealous, you could feel it wanting to slide out which it didn't. I never felt it handled that well. Now we are comparing cars that cost between 100-110, not a Panny Turbo that's over 150 or even 200k.

The tech on the BMWs are also in another league. The surround cameras move. Until you see it you wouldn't believe it. As I pull into my garage the view sweeps down to show you a picture like you've never seen in your surround view Porsche, forgetting about how much Porsche charges for that.

Porsches IMHO are more reliable than a M5, though I've had no issues with any of mine.

I do miss my 911 and one day will have another, but more likely a Cayman GTS.
Great comparison .Just to note I am not comparing a base or 4 to the m5 . It’s the Turbo which I have never driven . I hve not driven the newest m5 but it is known to beat anything in a straight like . The track data also is on one track not all tracks which differ . I have no doubts the m car is a.besst . I have owned 21 Bmw cars snd the last 2 were m cars . I’ve owned 5 m cars in total so I know they are serious machines . Keep in mind that all these larger vehicles are primarily going to be practical so it was great to hear if the ease you have with comfort . My original search was for Macan where I saw a cpoTurbo at a very attractive price . @vandit was given a loaner . In short adding the m5 adds an interesting cross shop . I have not looked ..... yet 😊 ps typos corrected ... lol iPhone no glasses .

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Reactions: MAPC

·
Registered
9,504 Posts

what about this one @yrralis1 ? Might go drive today
That car looks like it might have some problems . Look at all the 6 open recalls in the car fax . It ended up at auction with only 13K miles on it .

Beachwood (Ohio) does a lot of out of state sales so nothing odd there with the owner taking delivery in Georgia . I wonder what's involved with each of those recalls .

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
That car looks like it might have some problems . Look at all the 6 open recalls in the car fax . It ended up at auction with only 13K miles on it .

Beachwood (Ohio) does a lot of out of state sales so nothing odd there with the owner taking delivery in Georgia . I wonder what's involved with each of those recalls .
called to see if I can go test drive and it Already has a deposit on it

Reactions: yrralis1

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
called to see if I can go test drive and it Already has a deposit on it
Man !! We really have been picking them .

Looked at Texas .. the closest to you was this one in San Antonio (15K cheaper and a few more miles ) Used 2017 Porsche Panamera For Sale | San Antonio TX | WP0AF2A71HL150798

Found this one in Md with 7K miles (listed on Auto trader at 5K ) . One owner serviced in Md through its entire history . The black/crayon interior is interesting Used 2017 Porsche Panamera For Sale at Porsche Silver Spring | VIN: WP0AF2A72HL150664

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Man !! We really have been picking them .

Looked at Texas .. the closest to you was this one in San Antonio (15K cheaper and a few more miles ) Used 2017 Porsche Panamera For Sale | San Antonio TX | WP0AF2A71HL150798

Found this one in Md with 7K miles (listed on Auto trader at 5K ) . One owner serviced in Md through its entire history . The black/crayon interior is interesting Used 2017 Porsche Panamera For Sale at Porsche Silver Spring | VIN: WP0AF2A72HL150664
has to have Burmester, and look sporty/bad ass. Don’t like those wheels at all. Prefer chalk, white or Carmine.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Check out what a set of HRE P101 forged wheels can do to a chalk Panamera Turbo TAG Motorsports
nothing pulls up except Facebook. I hate aftermarket wheels. Prefer to get ones I like from factory. Like the black ones

41 - 59 of 59 Posts