Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I got many as loaners and also found the car really nice. It is a beast but way too big though. It beeps all over to get into my garage and it drives way too low in the ground for me.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think they're great, it's just that of all the Porsche models they're the most overpriced new (excluding the Taycan). But at around the 3 year mark you can begin getting a GREAT deal on a lightly used one.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
oh. Sorry. Talking about Carmine Red one I posted
To give a price to price comparison I looked at Carrera T cars which MSRP at the 115-120K and are also selling in mid 90's to 100. In contrast the Panamera Turbo is a 160K car . The depreciation curve is unreal .

What I am noticing is that in the last week I picked about 5 cars . One was a new 992 4S nicely optioned and it was gone the next day. A 991.2 Turbo CPO gone the next day. That Panamera Turbo CPO as well as yours .. both gone . This one that I mentioned ,. on route to be gone . I don't think anyone is reading our posts and just snaging the cars we are picking . I do think we are just that good at picking them that the disappear the moment we see it .

I really need an SUV and ideally a 911 . I am near to ordering a Macan and am not thrilled with the 992 . Then I see something like these Panamera Turbos that I totally dont need and wish I did because the price is so amazing . It's a heck of a car for that price .

I am beginning to wonder if passenger cars like the Panamera are taking a huge hit because one can't socially distance when taking 4 people . Yet at the same time so is a 911 too close for comfort but it has solo driver attributes and so does the Macan . I wonder if our current COVID circumstance has impacted the market of what type of car is needed .

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I am beginning to wonder if passenger cars like the Panamera are taking a huge hit because one can't socially distance when taking 4 people . Yet at the same time so is a 911 too close for comfort but it has solo driver attributes and so does the Macan . I wonder if our current COVID circumstance has impacted the market of what type of car is needed .
You raise an interesting issue, but, personally, I doubt it. The four people are likely to be in the same family, un-distanced living at home, anyway. And, regardless, not being able to keep four folks distanced in a car would also affect SUVs, too, right?

I think the problem with the Panamera is what I've read on the forum -- never having owned one myself, certainly -- from assorted posters (perhaps even you) over the last few years: jack of all trades, master of none.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
You raise an interesting issue, but, personally, I doubt it. The four people are likely to be in the same family, un-distanced living at home, anyway. And, regardless, not being able to keep four folks distanced in a car would also affect SUVs, too, right?

I think the problem with the Panamera is what I've read on the forum -- never having owned one myself, certainly -- from assorted posters (perhaps even you) over the last few years: jack of all trades, master of none.
An SUV and especially a 911 both pose undistanced passengers . The difference is that the Panamera's main feature is passenger space . An SUV has utility space equally as predominant as passenger . A 911's main feature is performance .

Now its true that some large sedans haul family living in the same house it's not the primary use. Most teens are "too cool" to really want to hang out with mom and dad every day . Most adult children are too busy and hopefully want to move out of the house and want some independence . Plus 160K isn't usually a family sedan as much as a car purchased by someone older who can afford it . There are EXCEPTIONS to all the above but most of the time I see a Panamera Turbo its with an older wealthy dude driving it . In fact I once thought that if I ever got too old to climb into a 911 or SUV maybe a luxury sedan would work . Florida has a lot of elderly people in luxury condominiums . My mother (when she was alive) moved into one after my dad passed away . The older wealthy people all drove large sedans . Large sedans were part of their generation .

Notice these Panamera Turbos have 10-18K miles . That to me implies the person is staying home .

The more I talk about this car the more I wish it were for me .It's not. It is such an attractive deal though .

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Did a review the Panamera where I really detested the technology . I found it so user unfriendly that it ruined it for me at that time . The car itself was great . Now however that same type of tech is in the 992 , the Cayenne , some even in the new Macan . I know that I face no choice but to accept it , learn it, and appreciate the other features .

The 17 car I found was 92K . The 18 cars are at 102-104 . So with negotiation we are talking about 80's and 90's for a relatively new and current body/engine/technology vehicle with modest use. Its a car that priced over 150K new.

It's about as good a Porsche bargain as one can get .

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Did a review the Panamera where I really detested the technology . I found it so user unfriendly that it ruined it for me at that time . The car itself was great . Now however that same type of tech is in the 992 , the Cayenne , some even in the new Macan . I know that I face no choice but to accept it , learn it, and appreciate the other features .

The 17 car I found was 92K . The 18 cars are at 102-104 . So with negotiation we are talking about 80's and 90's for a relatively new and current body/engine/technology vehicle with modest use. Its a car that priced over 150K new.

It's about as good a Porsche bargain as one can get .
and the base Panny ($97k sticker) drove fabulous. Plenty fast and even Sounded pretty good. It rode great, so great now my Macan feels too harsh. I really liked it. I bet the Turbo is even way better

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Larry - there's a 2018 or '19 'executive demo' Panny Turbo at Porsche Burlington (MA). It didn't have a
sale price posted on it, although it said Great Deal on the windshield. IIRC, the Moroney was something
like 175K. :oops:

...maybe you should give them a call... 781 - 202 - 3500

(I have no affiliation with the business - I'm just a client)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Found one cheaper that's a 17. Amethyst is an interesting color . The first time I saw t was on a paint to sample 993 Turbo . 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Norwell MA | Plymouth Nantucket Hingham Massachusetts WP0AF2A78HL153505

The one I had that vanished was Gt silver . BTW 2019 GTS Panamera vehicles are also 105K or so.

I am just shocked by the depreciation curve .

I kinda chuckle at myself . It's the car that I dont want but wish I did just because of the price .
It looks GREAT in Amethyst.
But, then again, I am odd in that my favorite color is purple. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a Panamera 4s loaner last time I had my car serviced, highly optioned I think. Man what a beast, first thing I thought when I first sat in the driver's seat was how big the thing was, then driving it off the lot I was afraid I was going to catch some curbs or something. Got home and went to park in the garage and....did I say how big it is....I had to double check that the garage door would safely close, it was very close. Driving back to dealer next to day to return it was pretty fun though. One portion of the drive is a big long climb and it was just quiet, effortless, power to speed through the moderate traffic, so much less drama than my 997. Overall, awesome vehicle but not anything I would buy, just too big and too luxurious for me and my simple tastes, I do appreciate feel of quality though.

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
and the base Panny ($97k sticker) drove fabulous. Plenty fast and even Sounded pretty good. It rode great, so great now my Macan feels too harsh. I really liked it. I bet the Turbo is even way better
The most I have ever driven was the 4S . In terms of performance and comfort the Panamera has it . The drawbacks are rear visibility , trunk space , its large size , height if driven in flood prone areas , and ability to transport animals .

Since we deal with animals and wife's drive does take her to areas which can flood easily the Panamera would have been ok but not ideal . In fact even a larger SUV like a Cayenne or in some cases a pickup truck (which is a total never happen for us) are even more piratical . The Macan was for us the best way of finding a middle ground .

Now it is true that even used my former Boxster had weathered emergency type rain or animal circumstance but if I look at the 500 miles or so that I have driven in our most recent Macan all of them have been for practical (non 911) reasons .

·
Registered
9,516 Posts
Larry - there's a 2018 or '19 'executive demo' Panny Turbo at Porsche Burlington (MA). It didn't have a
sale price posted on it, although it said Great Deal on the windshield. IIRC, the Moroney was something
like 175K. :oops:

...maybe you should give them a call... 781 - 202 - 3500

(I have no affiliation with the business - I'm just a client)
Thank you but I did see it . Curiosity had me looking at the overall market .
The day I found that very first car I showed it to my wife. It was morning , we had the time , and if it really was a sure thing I would not have even posted it until I bought it later that day. Thats why I even said I understand if someone else snagged it and posted it.

When it vanished I found that other one in West Broward . Mind you BOTH those dealerships are 45 min away and Champion does know me . West Broward is a straight highway run.

It just isn't the right car for us . It is absolutely the right price for what I call a real bargain so if someone gets one I surely would subscribe to the thread to hear about it .

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
To give a price to price comparison I looked at Carrera T cars which MSRP at the 115-120K and are also selling in mid 90's to 100. In contrast the Panamera Turbo is a 160K car . The depreciation curve is unreal .

What I am noticing is that in the last week I picked about 5 cars . One was a new 992 4S nicely optioned and it was gone the next day. A 991.2 Turbo CPO gone the next day. That Panamera Turbo CPO as well as yours .. both gone . This one that I mentioned ,. on route to be gone . I don't think anyone is reading our posts and just snaging the cars we are picking . I do think we are just that good at picking them that the disappear the moment we see it .

I really need an SUV and ideally a 911 . I am near to ordering a Macan and am not thrilled with the 992 . Then I see something like these Panamera Turbos that I totally dont need and wish I did because the price is so amazing . It's a heck of a car for that price .

Just roll the windows down and there you are: Socially acceptable.

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Reactions: yrralis1
21 - 40 of 59 Posts