Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Panamera base loaner when I dropped my Macan off for service yesterday. Not sure what all the criticism is about. I really like it! It has some turbo lag, but plenty quick when it gets going. Sound is good too for a base engine. I like the interior, except for the small center console storage box. It handles great and the ride is super comfortable. It looks great too. Overall, I would definitely consider one if I needed a 4 door sedan

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Got a Panamera base loaner when I dropped my Macan off for service yesterday. Not sure what all the criticism is about. I really like it! It has some turbo lag, but plenty quick when it gets going. Sound is good too for a base engine. I like the interior, except for the small center console storage box. It handles great and the ride is super comfortable. It looks great too. Overall, I would definitely consider one if I needed a 4 door sedan
The way the Panamera drives is great , My biggest issue was the technology which I felt was very user unfriendly . When I got mine they were closing . I was handed the car and went nuts trying to figure it out at first . By the time I did it left a sour taste , The other issue is the lack of trunk space comparably to an SUV and poor rear visibility , Also the vehicle is a passenger car but in Covid times taking 4 people in my car would never happen . 100K buys a lot of choices at Porsche . The Panamera just isn't number 1 at that price point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a Panamera 4S (I think) loaner right after I got my Macan and it needed a few things fixed up.
I didn't like it much on day one. Big car, right? And with a 2.9 L single turbo I wasn't expecting much. I was happy that Porsche FINALLY got the styling right on this car and it no longer looked ungainly behind the front doors.
By the third day I came to the conclusion that it was hands down the fastest car I have ever driven. It also got better gas mileage than my Macan has ever seen.

Way out of my price range but it's a very nice car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I concur. Very nice. Great performance, better mileage than the Macan. Not great rear visibility - my
neck got quite a workout when doing lane changes!

...pricey though...
The one I drove had blind spot alerts in the form of a light on the side mirrors. Took me a day to catch on to what they were doing. I thought it was mistaken a few times but there was a car there every time. I would consider it mandatory for the Panamera.
The car I drove also had the surround view instead of just the sensors that my Macan has. Another thing I thought was a gimmick at first but didn't hate when I dropped it off. I wouldn't order it, I just didn't hate it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have given a Turbo last year and I loved it...except you need EVERY piece of parking tech to park it. It’s a big car! Turbo start up and sport exhaust was amazing. I need to get my year 4 service soon (minus the PDK service since i basically got it after my PDK issues) I hope I can get another one!

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad day today when I dropped of Panny. Never had a loaner I liked so much. Saw window sticker of base Panny and it was $97k!! ****. Anyway, will def be on lookout for a loaded chalk Panny CPO

Reactions: TXRed and sergeyb

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Had one about a year ago while mine was getting an alignment. Felt 'fat' to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was loaned one a couple years ago - new body style. It made some really annoying fake exhaust sounds in the speaker system. Electronic center vent was weird. Other than that it rocked! Felt nice and roomy, sporty seats, still handled well for being so big and has a lot of neat little details. Loved the glass and moldings being flush down the side with each other. Also the back doors have an extra little window so they can roll down all the way. The Macan S just seemed like 90% the same as a base Panamera 4 for $20k less.

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Sad day today when I dropped of Panny. Never had a loaner I liked so much. Saw window sticker of base Panny and it was $97k!! ****. Anyway, will def be on lookout for a loaded chalk Panny CPO
I wish you had seen the Turbo CPO I had posted . Low 90's with 18K miles and its not alone . There are more like it or close . The one I found was a 2017 . The 2018 cars are about10K more with equal miles (104K) . Now I am generally a new car shopper and I never really was head over heels over the Panamera but the CPO Turbo pricing is unbelievable .

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish you had seen the Turbo CPO I had posted . Low 90's with 18K miles and its not alone . There are more like it or close . The one I found was a 2017 . The 2018 cars are about10K more with equal miles (104K) . Now I am generally a new car shopper and I never really was head over heels over the Panamera but the CPO Turbo pricing is unbelievable .
agree Larry

·
Premium Member
2017 Macan Turbo w PP
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Reactions: TXRed and yrralis1

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Found one cheaper that's a 17. Amethyst is an interesting color . The first time I saw t was on a paint to sample 993 Turbo . 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Norwell MA | Plymouth Nantucket Hingham Massachusetts WP0AF2A78HL153505

The one I had that vanished was Gt silver . BTW 2019 GTS Panamera vehicles are also 105K or so.

I am just shocked by the depreciation curve .

I kinda chuckle at myself . It's the car that I dont want but wish I did just because of the price .

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Found one cheaper that's a 17. Amethyst is an interesting color . The first time I saw t was on a paint to sample 993 Turbo . 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo Norwell MA | Plymouth Nantucket Hingham Massachusetts WP0AF2A78HL153505

The one I had that vanished was Gt silver . BTW 2019 GTS Panamera vehicles are also 105K or so.

I am just shocked by the depreciation curve .

I kinda chuckle at myself . It's the car that I dont want but wish I did just because of the price .
And with "Soft Close Doors"!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think the criticism comes from the fact that it doesn’t look like a four door 911, but rather a sedan with Porsche badging and engineering. I used to not be a fan of it, but when I finally was able to sit in it and drive, I was reassured that this is in fact a four door 911. The cars interior is much more refined and sporty than the cayenne and Macan (hence the reason why it’s more expensive) and the rear seats were big enough for comfortably fit four/five people in the car. It truly feels luxurious especially the “executive” trims with all the fancy rolls Royce inspired luxury, but the car drives great and the engine especially the v8’s sound so freaking good and even better with an after market exhaust. I still think an Alfa Giulia Quadrofoglio is more fun than the panamera, but if I needed something that gave the best practicality and luxury for a sedan, the panamera is the best in the price range

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Isn’t the M5 a better performance car at about the same price? Of course, M5 is not Porsche.

Reactions: MDJAK and Gachnar

·
Registered
9,493 Posts
Isn’t the M5 a better performance car at about the same price? Of course, M5 is not Porsche.
It depends on the race . In a drag race or straight line the M5 will win . It will even beat the E63 AMG . AMG cars are notorious for stoplight to stoplight victories .(they are one trick ponies) . At the Nurburgring though the Panamera Turbo will cream the M5 by 6 seconds (comparing best times).

On a side note cross shopping the CPO Panamera Turbo Vs a new Macan Turbo the Panamera would cream it in every category . 7 min 29 Sec Vs 8 min 15 sec (unofficial) gives the Panamera driver enough time to eat a sandwich at the finish line .

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Wow I didn't know the Panny was that quick on the track, even beating the mighty M5. :p

1 - 20 of 59 Posts