Porsche Macan Forum banner

Caliper Colour

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I really want to do this to my base. There are many DIY videos on youtube how to do it. I'm not sure yet I have the nerve to try it. Once you commit, there's no turning back. I found this website where to get the decals. Porsche Modern Brake Decals

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not a fan with that color combo. Personally the wheels look so good with your exterior color and now the red calipers draw your attention to the brakes on not those good looking wheels. The red calipers look best on exteriors of white and black in my opinion. White or gloss black calipers look more updated and sporty “unique” as the red calipers have been overplayed by just about every automaker. It’s like people have run out of ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
You can get twelve. or more, Brembo brake caliper colors. What really counts is what they are and what they are clamping as far as a rotor assembly. On my Ducati they are really impressive.

·
Registered
499 Posts
... go for Black calipers, but make sure they also say AP Racing in Yellow ... the best brakes I've ever had on any of my cars.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great! Recommend the coloured wheel centres - they really make the wheel "pop"

Wow, what a difference. Today I had my calipers painted. They went from Macan S silver, to turbo red. It adds a subtle continuity from the tail lights across the wheels under the mahogany body. And I'm sure the car looks faster standing still. AUD$130 per wheel in Brisbane. Do you like it?
Looks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Chloe, hi, yes agree. recently had them changed under warrantee as they started to corrode for some reason, but they replaced S standard silver ones with the same before i thought to ask for the gold ones that match my bonnet badge. I bet if they could have they would have asked the usual porsche price to upgrade them, yikes, even tho they are pretty much the same versions of each other. grrr.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Macan S, EVOMS DV’s,Pedal Commander, Niche CP, Remus exhaust, Flat 6 air intake
133 Posts
I painted my calipers yellow, new Hawk ceramic brakes. And I have mudflaps. And I used steel gutter guards as screens for the intercoolers and radiators. I am a heretic. I am wild, she’s all mine!

·
Registered
2018 Macan GTS
32 Posts
I ordered some of the custom paint colors from G2 before....I painted my calipers a unique gold color they had in the porsche category of choices on my previous 18 macan s....i had my local performance shop do it...i thought it came out quite nice....I now have 18 gts sapphire blue...and while the red calipers look fine, i think i'm going to paint them yellow as it will really pop, in my opinion with that color behind black wheels

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have thought about doing mine. I painted them on my first Cayman and I didn't even remove them. What I did do was put the car on stands, get a plastic paint tarp from Lowes, cover the entire car, then I went to clean the calipers. I used a combination of cleaning chemicals and degreasers, steel brush and tooth brushes. I used a heat gun to dry each when done.

Then I masked everything off except the caliper part to be painted. I found manila folders worked well between the caliper and rotor. I did three coats, waiting maybe an hour between each coat. I left it alone overnight. I put the wheels back on but didn't apply the stickers until a week later. Then I used some clear spray over it. I had the car for nearly two years and never had a problem fading or anything.

·
Registered
94 Posts
on mY volcano gray w Black wheels.....i want to paint my calipers. here are the option:

Gloss black w silver porsche logo
Gloss Black w Miami Blue Logo
Miami Blue w Black logo.

what do you guys think...

·
Super Moderator
3,214 Posts
Merging with three (3) other existing threads on the same topic.

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Miami blue with black lettering, that would really pop against the black wheels and VG combo

may I also recommend getting rid of the orange reflector?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Miami blue with black lettering, that would really pop against the black wheels and VG combo

may I also recommend getting rid of the orange reflector?
Was an older photo. Already been done :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid
1,381 Posts
My Panamera Turbo S has lime green ceramics. Looks great when the Slate gray.

·
Premium Member
2018 Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid
1,381 Posts
101 - 120 of 124 Posts